• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Terrorix

Missing items

Hello everyone! I would like to ask your opinion(and possible solutions,if there is any) for a problem I have which I am not sure if it is caused by one or more mods or it is general issue with the game itself.

So, since I use a couple of mods that add new armor and weapons in-game,I like to store these new weapons when I find them/purchase them so I can have a better view of what the mods I use add and also use these items that I find most suiting to my character. Problem is,wherever I may store them(I am talking about secured places-chests which do not respawn of course), when I store a specific number of items(do not know the number exactly but usually if I pass the 15 items) and try to open the chest to either add another item or take back another, some of the already stored items are missing. The list misses these items so it is like they aren't there at all. If I reload a saved game(a game which I saved before opening the checst for example) either other items are missing and the ones the list was missing before I appear or some items are permanently disappear as soon as I place them inside the chest. From what I have read to comments of some mods in nexus, others have the same issue however,I haven't managed to find a solution for this so far. Any suggestions/ thoughts?

It’s a known issue, but I don’t remember the cause or if there’s a solution. I seem to recall there’s no solution but to keep taking items out of the container until the item you’re looking for shows up, then take that and put the rest of the stuff back. Having said that, I’d have a look at EngineBugFixes to see if it addresses this issue.

Yep, what Anda said it is an engine bug and the only solution I know of is to take a couple of items out of the container and soon the item in question will be back in the container.

A word of advice.  I often drop the loot I wish to sell in the same spot as the travel marker is placed in-game near Vilverin, which is safely close to the bandits.