lefthandfoot

What makes TWMP Skyrim Improved so unstable?

Every time I install/use TWMP Skyrim Improved, my game becomes more unstable and crash-prone, especially in Skyrim. Even as I download plenty of patches or engine fixes, I still have trouble with the province. As a budding modder, I would like to ask all you experts what makes this province mod so unstable, compared to other province mods such as Iliana's Elsweyr the Deserts of Anequina or Valenwood Improved, which have far more objects in them. I really would love to work and make Skyrim Improved more stable, or at least keep my mods from falling into the same issue, if possible.

P.S. I have similar stability issues with argonianlord's Black Marsh Beta, especially in the "Eastern Blackmarsh" worldspace. Why is this so unstable, especially if it's in another worldspace?

I think I know what you mean. I tend to think it has something to do with the crazy dependency chain it has. There’s also an issue with the engine, where cells too far away from 0, 0 in Tamriel worldspace can be laggy or have odd things happen.

Hmm, good theories. In that case, I suppose it may be more stable to place things into a separate world space (a shame), or contain all the landscaping into one .esp. I have a long way to go in learning.

I think TWMP Skyrim Improved could be a lot better if the chain of dependency wasn’t so complicated. I looked into trying to remove some of those masters and got as far as generating a list of references from those master files using Tes4Edit. The idea was to then delete or replace those references, but at that point I was frankly getting in over my head.