Sign in to follow this  
Cloud

Help needed

Basically, I wish there was more extensive help and hints on the hint thread, because there have been multiple quests where I've gotten no use from them, and have just been stuck there for a while having to scour through forum posts to see people with similar issues. These posts don't even describe it that well. 
The quest I'm currently struggling with, is the nosy guard. My problem lies in the fact that I don't know where to hide him. I've tried hiding him in two spots that to me seem like they'd be the chasm that is mentioned in the letter, but there was no journal update with either of them. I tried hiding him in the well first, then I tried hiding him in the cave that is filled with water. Considering how long it takes to drag his heavy corpse around, I'm not going to explore every inch of the cave till I find the exact spot. So please, update the threads so these specific details are mentioned somewhere. 

And someone please tell me where I need to hide the nosy guard...

I wonder if you're having issues with mod conflicts. I suggest sorting your load order with BOSS and then creating a Bashed Patch. I will add those as a requirement in the new release. Our mod has a lot of scripts and AI routines and you need a Bashed Patch to make sure our changes override anything that might be altered by other mods. Anyway here's your answer:

Spoiler

You have to dump him in the well. You will get a pop-up message when you drop him in the right spot. You have to click on the well to remove him from your inventory. You can't manually drop the body. The scripts have to run which will remove his body from your inventory and update the quest.

2 hours ago, AndalayBay said:

I wonder if you're having issues with mod conflicts. I suggest sorting your load order with BOSS and then creating a Bashed Patch. I will add those as a requirement in the new release. Our mod has a lot of scripts and AI routines and you need a Bashed Patch to make sure our changes override anything that might be altered by other mods. Anyway here's your answer:

Hide contents

You have to dump him in the well. You will get a pop-up message when you drop him in the right spot. You have to click on the well to remove him from your inventory. You can't manually drop the body. The scripts have to run which will remove his body from your inventory and update the quest.

Hey, thanks it worked. So throughout the quests I don't really remember them teaching that you can literally pick up bodies into your inventory, I might be wrong and have missed something. But I was literally just dragging his physical body around with the grab button.

Also, wanted to say thanks that you're still supporting this mod, and working on it. Your dedication is really cool to see, especially with the work you guys have done on this project. 

Anyways, thanks for the help, got it done now.

The drag function only works for decorating. You’ll find that most mods rely on you clicking on the target to accomplish the task. If I recall correctly, even some original quests work the same way. I can say for sure that there’s no quest in Oblivion that will respond to you dragging an object around. The drag function isn’t reliable and the base game doesn’t have any events that will respond to something being dragged.

Having said all that, you might want to stop playing DBC and wait for the update. The final quest has to be rewritten for Consequences and there are a lot of fixes in the new release.