Sign in to follow this  
Morrigain

Solana de'Lyrandar

Name: Solana Nymeros de’Lyrandar

Race: Half-elf

Appearance: Solana has her father's wavy black hair and green eyes and her mother's considerable height. She is deeply tanned, with a winburnt nose. There is what seems to be a distinct and incredibly elaborate abstract tattoo (a Lesser Mark of Storm) beginning on her left palm and spreading up her inner forearm.

Equipment: Solana always wears tall, practical boots and a high-collared, bottle-green military jacket with brass buttons. This, along with a pair of leather fingerless gloves, keeps the design on her hand hidden from prying eyes and (theoretically) keeps prying men at a respectable distance. It also helps that she's a good shot with a crossbow.

She keeps a tear-shaped crystal on a pocketwatch chain with her at all times. The crystal flares and flickers with orange light, like a coal. There are a few arcane runes inscribed on the bronze fastening. Solana has occasionally been heard to call the crystal 'Wings.'

Notes: Daughter of Calivan Nymeros de'Lyrandar and Nedene Avielle, and current heir to the Nymeros branch of House Lyrandar. Captain of the airship Peregrine.

Casting: Lena Headey

Tropes:

Big Screwed Up Family - Oh boy. And she doesn't know the half of it.

Blue Blood - the Dragonmarked Houses essentially function like this. (Unmarked noble houses say that the Marked are a bunch of glorified 'merchants' with heretical inheritence laws and no real breeding. Marked houses say that the unmarked are snobbish pansy relics with nothing to back up their position. Rinse, repeat.)

The Captain - of her own Cool Airship.

Heir Club For Men - Being the only legitimate Marked child of the last remaining son (and an unmarked son, to boot) of a minor bloodline puts just a little bit of pressure on a person.

Fantastic Racism - She has a laundry list of people she does not like, starting with changelings (that one makes sense, at least).

The Glorous War Of Sister Rivalry - Oh boy. Though she usually just claims

she has no sister.

My Girl Is Not A Slut - Solana is very, very conscious of her role in society and the aforementioned Heir Club For Men. She does not sleep around. Ever. Personal desires, the Weathering, and teasing from her sister nonwithstanding.

Power Tattoo - Not technically a tattoo, but you get the idea.

Rebellious Princess - In attitude and bitchiness, if not exactly in actions.

Sky Pirate - Wheeeee...! (Er...it's a temporary thing. Because of duty and all. Drat.)

Name: Roland

Race: Human

Appearance: Roland looks younger than his years. It would probably help if he grew a beard, but such efforts have been...pathetic. It would also help if he lost the large gap between his front teeth. His sandy hair has been bleached almost blonde from the sun, and he has the same tanned and winburnt skin as the rest of the crew.

Weapon of Choice: Magic, particularly disjunction. If it's mechanical, he can break it. If it's summoned, he can send it crying back to it's mother. This may explained why the Perergrine's elemental is utterly terrified of him.

Notes: First mate and resident battlemage of the airship Peregrine. Although he's been somewhat enraptured with Solana ever since she soundly wrested control of his ship, his best friend in the crew is probably Katrina.

Casting: Doctor Horrible Neil Patrick Harris

Name: Annet

Race: Gnome

Appearance: Pointed features, messy brown hair, black, liquid-looking eyes and very long fingers. Often wears a bronze monocle with several adjustable lenses (seems to be of Cannith design).

Weapon of Choice: An invisibility spell. Running isn't cowardice, it's simple intelligence.

Notes: Annet is rarely seen on deck. Most of the crew considers this a good thing. He's in charge of the technical aspects of running the ship, which may explain why he's constantly muttering to it.

Casting: Son of Mine Harry Lloyd

Tropes:

Companion Cube - with the Peregrine itself. The story is that he 'came' with the ship. He was on it before Roland joined, he stayed on when Solana took command, and she's tried to kick him off at least once.

High Class Glass - Rather than making him look sophisticated, however, the whirring, eye-concealing, gear-encrusted monocole is just kinda disturbing. It also seems to help him see....something.

Loners Are Freaks - The rest of the crew certainly thinks so.

Our Gnomes are Weirder - Eberron gnomes are master spies, fond of poison and backstabbing, and possibly descended from rodents. No, really. And Annet's not particularly interested in dispelling the 'weird' notion.

Techno Babble - Fond of this. Occasinally it gets a bit creepy.

Name: Garrett

Appearance: Dark hair and eyes. Always seems to be in need of a shave (this is most certainly intentional). His nose has been broken at least twice.

Weapon of Choice: A longbow.

Notes: Coming from a military family, Garrett takes it as a point of pride that he has deserted from three seperate armies.

Casting: Nikolaj Coster-Waldau

Tropes:

Friendly Sniper - Being drinking buddies does not keep you safe from being nailed to a tree at a hundred paces.

Hired Gun - It's not that Garrett doesn't like fighting. It's just that he wants to be paid to fight. Very important distinction.

Name: Katrina ("Kitty" to friends. "Mistress Kitty" only if you don't care for your innards)

Appearance: Blonde hair (usually in pigtails or ringlets), huge brown eyes, and freckles.

Weapon of Choice: Knives. Lots of them.

Notes: Katrina is perpetually sugary - almost naseuatingly so, to hear Garrett tell it. The most she likes to tell people about her childhood is that she spent much of it in a large city, scrabbling for survival, until she could afford to pay her way onto a ship and discovered she never wanted to touch the ground again.

Casting: Billie Piper

Tropes:

Daughter of a Whore - It took little Katrina a long time to figure out why Mom would always go away for the winter carrying a suitcase full of flimsy dresses. She...doesn't like to talk about it.

Girlish Pigtails / Princess Curls - Always wears her hair in one of these. If it's the former, it's because she's trying to look young and innocent to steal your wallet. If it's the latter, it's because she's trying to look sweet and flirty to steal your wallet.

Knife Nut - Just because they all have really, really girly names doesn't mean they won't hurt like the dickens.

Little Miss Con Artist / Decoy Damsel - As with the hair, she waffles between these two roles. Hey, where's my watch?

Sticky Fingers - It can be a little bit of a problem. Solana tends to look the other way until - my necklace?! Get back here you little -!

Name: Vasanti

Race: Valenar Elf

Appearance: Very tall, with long black hair and tawny eyes. Her entire wardrobe seems to consist of red-and-orange bits of sandsilk that flutter dramatically in the wind.

Weapon of Choice: A dam ild?, the traditional Valenar double-bladed scimitar.

Notes: Second mage after Roland, but she much prefers her blade.

Name: Oran

Appearance: Looks like a male version of Vasanti, though slightly taller and lacking the faint burn scars on his arms from magic.

Weapon of Choice: A dam ild?.

Notes: Most think that Oran and Vasanti are twins, but he's actually a little younger. It's not uncommon to see the two sparring on deck (wooden blades only, unless Solana's off duty). Oran usually wins.

Edited by Morrigain

Oh dear God. Can you imagine?

:laughing2dw:

I should do it, shouldn't I?

Guest theinfamouskat

OH HELL YES. CASTING FOR THE WIN. *wubs the cast*

Quick bios for a few more of the crew in case they ever show up. :biggrin:

Name: Annet

Race: Gnome

Appearance: Pointed features, messy brown hair, black, liquid-looking eyes and very long fingers. Often wears a bronze monocle with several adjustable lenses (seems to be of Cannith design).

Notes: Annet is rarely seen on deck. Most of the crew considers this a good thing. He's in charge of the technical aspects of running the ship, which may explain why he's constantly muttering to it.

Name: Vasanti

Appearance: Very tall, with long black hair and tawny eyes. Carries dual scimitars. Her entire wardrobe seems to consist of red-and-orange bits of sandsilk that flutter dramatically in the wind.

Notes: Second mage after Roland, but she much prefers her blades.

Name: Oran

Appearance: Looks like a male version of Vasanti, with identical blades and a similar wardrobe.

Notes: Most think that Oran and Vasanti are twins, but he's much younger. It's not uncommon to see the two sparring on deck; Oran usually wins.

Name: Garret

Appearance: Dark hair and eyes. Always seems to be in need of a shave (this is most certainly intentional). His nose has been broken at least twice.

Notes: Garret seems to have decided to take Roland under his wing and "toughen him up." Rough language and off-color jokes aside, the man didn't earn his reputation as an excellent mercenary and sharpshooter for nothing...so maybe this is a good thing?

Name: Katrina

Appearance: Blonde hair (usually in pigtails), huge dark blue eyes, and freckles.

Notes: Katrina is the Peregrine's unnofficial ambassador. She can sweet-talk almost anyone with that innocent face - they don't notice they've been robbed for hours.

This band makes me giggle. :biggrin:

I'd like to note that airships in my Eberron are way more common and have been around way longer than they have in canon. So yeah.

Also, I've mapped out Solana's entire family tree. :blink:

BORED. Updating trope lists. SO BORED. WANT CHICK.

Solana:

Big Screwed Up Family - Oh boy. And she doesn't know the half of it.

Blue Blood - the Dragonmarked Houses essentially function like this. (Unmakred noble houses say that the Marked are a bunch of glorified 'merchants' with heretical inheritence laws and no real breeding. Marked houses say that the unmarked are snobbish pansy relics with nothing to back up their positon. Rinse, repeat.)

The Captain - of her own Cool Airship.

Heir Club For Men - Being the only legitimate Marked child of the last remaining son (and an unmarked son, to boot) of a minor bloodline puts just a little bit of pressure on a person.

Fantastic Racism - She has a laundry list of people she does not like, starting with changelings (that one makes sense, at least).

The Glorous War Of Sister Rivalry - Oh boy. Though she's more than likely to just claim that

she has no sister.

My Girl Is Not A Slut - Solana is very, very conscious of her role in society and the aforementioned Heir Club For Men. She does not sleep around. Ever. Personal desires, the Weathering, and teasing from her sister nonwithstanding.

Power Tattoo - Not technically a tattoo, but you get the idea.

Rebellious Princess - In attitude and bitchiness, if not exactly in actions.

Sky Pirate - Wheeeee...! (Er...it's a temporary thing. Because of duty and all. Drat.)

Edited by Morrigain

I've mapped out Solana's entire family tree. :blink:

Yeah...I spoke too soon. I started wondering who the title would go to if Solana cut and run. Cue spending a couple hours with Visio. I can't make myself quit. Quick - someone come back to the Inn and distract me before I add another generation.

Here is a link if anyone wants to see the monster. I'm not attatching it because a) it contains spoilers and B) it's fucking huge.

Calivan's bastard children are not included only because it was getting way too wide.

Lots of names are placeholders, and as you go up lots of dates - especially birthdates, I stopped putting down birthdates after a point and come to think of it these lifespans are probably too short, but it's the dates in relation to everyone else that counts anyway - are estimates. There's probably a math error somewhere, I don't care. Dragonmark level is indicated by number of asteriks. Inheritance goes to the highest Mark irregardless of gender and age, though in the case of two equal Marks it goes to the elder. Similarly, brides/grooms marry into the family of the higher-Marked partner irregardless of gender (meaning that a) Non-Marked noble houses get into HUGE SPITTING FIGHTS with the Marked ones over their sons and B) it's an utter coup if both partners are Marked). I can go on for a while...

I need a life.

Edited by Morrigain

Guest q21

um

wow...

Closest I come to doing anything like this was a quick scribble on a piece of paper to make sure Brianna's age is coherent with Sebs' life...

Took 5 minutes...

Also, the spoiler made me laugh. Is excellent. Wonder if Solana would be happy or sad about it...

Edited by q21

I HAVE BEEN READING TOO MUCH A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE.

I kind of want to strip all the Eberron from this and write, like, a novel. From the perspective of Cinabre. Because the more I think about her the more she racks up points on her way to being a Magnificent Bastard Bitch. :mrgreen: There are many things Solana does not know. There are things Solana does not know that have not yet been introduced. No one, however, knows about the spoiler.

Edited by Morrigain

MAJOR update to first post. Moved all the crew's pics and bios there, tweaked them, and added a few tropes. Solana's trope list is probably complete.

I still haven't cast Vasanti and Oran, because they haven't made it into the Inn yet, but I'm stuck. They're siblings, and they look enough alike to be twins, and I have my heart set on Maribel Verdu for Vasanti but can't for the life of me figure out who coud play her brother.

tx_OrcLC_Wood.zip

Untitled.png

Thoughts?

Edited by Morrigain

The family tree is DONE.

*collapes*

It has been majorly tweaked from last time. And extended. And then I scribbled a crapload of notes all over it. It is HUGE, and EPIC, and I don't know why I bothered with this thing except that it was strangely fun and mesmerizing and I now have SO MANY PLOT HOOKS. Gah.

I'm not linking it here because, again, it's huge and contains RIDICULOUS amounts of spoilers. Even discounting the spoiler-tastic notes I've drawn everywhere. But for the curious, it's here. SPOILERS SPOILERS EVERYWHERE.

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/1918/2l...artreenotes.jpg

...I either need to take this out of Eberron and turn it into a novel, or I need to stop creeping on the upcoming Game of Thrones TV series and go find me a life.

I'm not looking 'cuz I don't want any spoilers, but wow. You have far, far too much spare time for a uni student, Morrigain! XD

And I would help the distraction with Trip...but convo is kinda removed from where he last spoke, which is annoying. :laughing2dw:

There's this weird down time in Argentina between six and nine o'clock where nobody does anything. Hence: free time. :mrgreen:

I finally found a song for Solana. :biggrin: Oddly enough, it almost works for Lethe too.

My friend has problems with winter and autumn.

They give him prescriptions, they shine bright lights on him.

They say it's genetic, they say he can't help it, they say you can catch it, but sometimes you're born with it.

My friend gets frights

he gets shakes in the night and they say that there's no way that they could have caught it in time takes its toll on him.

It is traditional.

It is inherited.

Predispositional.

All day I've been wondering what is inside of me, who can I blame for it?

I say it runs in the family.

This family that carries me to such great lengths to open my legs up to anyone who'll have me.

It runs in the family, I come by it honestly, do what you want 'cause who knows it might fill me up.

me up

me up

me up

me up

me up

me up

me up

fill me up

me up

me up

me up

me up

me up

me up

me up.

My friend's depressed, she's a wreck, she's a mess.

They've done all sorts of tests and they guess it has something

to do with her grandmother's grandfather's grandmother's civil war soldiers who probably infected her.

My friend has maladies, rickets, and allergies that she dates back to the 17th century

Somehow she manages in her misery.

Strips in the city and shares all her best tricks with me

well, I'm well well I mean I'm in hell well I still have my health at least that's what they tell me.

If wellness is this what in hell's name is sickness?

But business is business and business runs in the family.

We tend to bruise easily.

Mad in the blood.

I'm telling you 'cause I just want you to know me, know me and my family.

We're wonderful folks, but don't get too close to me 'cause you might knock me up.

me up

me up

me up

me up

me up

me up

me up

knock me up

me up

me up

me up

me up

me up

me up

me up.

Mary have mercy, now look what I've done, but don't blame me because I can't help where I come from.

And running is something that we've always done well and mostly I can't even tell what I'm running from.

Run from their pity, from responsibility.

Run from the country and run from the city.

I can run from the law, I can run from myself.

I can run from my life, I can run into debt.

I can run from it all, I can run til I'm gone.

I can run for the office and run for the cause.

I can run using every last ounce of energy.

I cannot, I cannot, I cannot run from my family.

They're hiding inside of me.

Don't change my life.

Help me if you might but just don't tell my family.

They'd never forgive me.

They'd say that I'm crazy.

But they would say anything if it would shut me up, shut me up, shut me up,

me up

me up

me up

me up

me up

shut me up

me up

me up

me up

me up

me up

me up

me up.

:laughing2dw:

This is probably better for Lethe, even (who, btw, is really worrying/disturbing me at the moment :ermm:).

Edited by Morrigain

Song for Solana.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRz9SZM66QA

Don't sing love songs, you'll wake my mother

She's sleeping here, right by my side

In her right hand a silver dagger

She says that I can't be your bride

All men are fools, so says my mother,

They'll tell you wicked, lovin' lies

And then they'll go and court some other

Leave you alone to pine and sigh

My daddy is a handsome devil