Sign in to follow this  
Morrigain

Aradhel

Good a reason as any. *eyebrow waggle* I wish they made holy men as cute and innocent (whilst being, you know LEGAL) as he is.

Guest theinfamouskat

Seriously, I love my casting for Vilandon, because Lee Pace is just too precious. And he's about the right height. 6'3", skinny and widdle and adorwable. *huggles him*

... I should get to bed. :blink:

Seeeeew...today I rolled out of bed and mom was yelling at me to get moving so I didn't think a lot while getting dressed. I pulled back my hair and threw on a white button-down shirt, grey-wash jeans, my gold peso-on-a-chain necklace, and my awesome ring that has a poison compartment (no, seriously).

About an hour later I looked in the mirror and just about shat bricks and died laughing. :laugh:

Guest theinfamouskat

OOC: :laughing2dw: Oh, CLASSIC.

fortunately, I never have to worry about accidentally running around in a bandeau and/or skimpy skirt. :blink:

I'm only worried that my subconscience is trying to tell me something. :blink: Whatever it is, I don't wanna know. :blink: :blink:

(oh, and about the ring - I just got it this week. I'm thinking I'll have to fill the compartment with sugar and use it to doctor my coffee. :laughing2dw:)

Guest theinfamouskat

That you have a fetish for assassination and kinky priest-erotica-bondage? :biggrin:

Guest theinfamouskat

*does the Toby nod* HEHEHEHEH! YEAH!

That you have a fetish for assassination and kinky priest-erotica-bondage? :biggrin:

Who doesn't? Um...I mean...

I have a friend. She doesn't read the Inn, but I send her email summaries on a semi-regular basis. She wanted to know more about Aradhel and Vilandon, so I sent her the entire Greenwood and Jordan threads as a word document (up to Aradhel waking up and "I think the door is broken, Cla'nee.") She wrote back with "I'm not sure how evil Aradhel is being."

And I swear to god, I just replied with a psychonanlysis essay on my character. Aradhel is lying on a couch in my head right now. She wants to know if I want to ask about her dad, now, seeing as I've asked about everything else (And there's that dream with the cigars and a tunnel.)

IT WAS AWESOME.

Man, is Aradhel ever broken and confused. :sad:

I want to see this essay - if only to make myself feel better about trying to analyze my characters, too. Mostly Cla'nee, because Dove is just all Skittles and sunshine, and the instant I try to analyze Chayka, my head explodes, because she starts going off on the merits of blood as a personal lubricant.

And I just DON'T want to spend that much time in that part of my head.

*huggles nice semi-NORMAL Cla'nee*

My Sent folder is currently borked, but I'll post it as soon as she replies. It's a bit nutty.

So what does Chayka have to say on the merits of blood as a personal lubricant?

*sigh*

And I quote: Delicious, nutritious, and almost always close at hand.

Pardon me whilst I become vaguely ill.

*brain-bleaches madly*

OOC: *covers eyes with one hand and blindly snags the bleach from Ama with the other*

Remind me to never ask you questions to which I know I'll regret knowing the answers.

Bleargh...grammar?

OOC: *covers eyes with one hand and blindly snags the bleach from Ama with the other*

Remind me to never ask you questions to which I know I'll regret knowing the answers.

Bleargh...grammar?

Remind me to never ask you questions the answers to which I'll regret knowing?

>.>

What can I say? Teh internetz eated mah brainz.

*is promptly stabbed to death for that sentence*

Okay, that's IT. Bedtime.

lol, night then, Morrigain. :laughing2dw:

And don't mind me. I'm the resident grammar/spelling nazi. XD

Character psychology time!

So my friend said:

- I'm guessing that Cla'nee and Aradhel are not friends, but it's ironic how similar they are.

- I don't understand the dream, especially the girl that 'shows up' at the end

- I don't understand how evil Aradhel is being.

I polished it a tad. There's probably a not that you already know/have figured out, but whatever. And oh - there's an idea for a small scene with Aradhel and Vilandon a bit of the ways down, so non-triumvirate members must read at their own risk. :biggrin:

No, Cla'nee and Aradhel are not friends. Cla'nee (I think) thinks Aradhel is insensitive, cruel, selfish and smug. Aradhel thinks Cla'nee is foolish, overly emotional, shortsighted and inexperienced. And that Cla'nee doesn't deserve the rank she's got.

The Dream: It was...well, it's not the most revelant or likely thing for her to dream, but it's been kicking around in my head for a while. No I don't want to know what that says about my head, thanks.

The girl at the end is Chayka. Aradhel was the one who rescued Venos from his time as Chayka's 'toy,' and she saw the wounds where she'd clawed and bitten him THERE. She mentally connects Chayka with Bellamont (from the original DB questline) because they're both BATSHIT FUCK NUTS, which is why 'when in the snow I like to lie and fold my arms and wait to die' from Bellamont's journal is in the dream too. She's terrified of 'another' Bellamont (because this would mean more death in the Brotherhood and the Brotherhood is so important to her), and so she's terrified of Chayka. Er, the possibility of Chayka.

Otherwise...the dream starts as a memory/fantasy and then is just all her self-esteem issues given voice. I wanted to get a couple things acrss:

1) Bondage ftw!

2) Yes, bondage ftw, but she also hates COMPLETELY losing control. She's a bit anal. Her desk at home is immaculate. (Notice her consant "I'm not crying, I'm NOT crying, I NEVER cry" or "I am always the sensible, independent one" mantra. This stems back from her origins in my fanfic with "I have no emotion, I feel no remorse..."). I think she enjoys bondage because she can LET herself stop being in control. It's a relief. But you've always got to have your safeword. >.>

3) She has major, major, MAJOR self-esteem issues. More on this later.

4) There's a part of her that's terrified by...by a LOT. Everything that's gone on in the Inn has thrust her way outside of her comfort zone - she's not in control anymore! And it frightens her to death.

5) There's a part of her that desperately wants to be loved (kinda how she lost all her inhibitions at the first real skin-on-skin contact - "OH MY GOD, a connection! Brain shutting off now! Squeee!!!". Poor thing doesn't allow herself any emotional connections, so she's desperate for the physical ones...)

What REALLY disturbs ME is that I think 'he' in the dream is Moriva. I mean, I think he's a mix of several men - bit of her old lover, bit of Bellamont, bit of Lucien (whom she's oggled from afar), I'm REALLY not sure about Vilandon but I doubt it - but I think he's mostly Moriva. Because if Moriva weren't evil and undead, he's the kind of man she'd latch onto; but since he's undead, she's TERRIFIED of him. Eurgh.

On Aradhel: Right now, she would say she's 'fond' of Vilandon. If it existed - which I don't THINK it does, now - would never ADMIT to any sort of love, because that would be weakness and loss of control, and it would be an emotional connection to people, and thinking of people as PEOPLE instead of THINGS might compromise her ability to do her job, and if she can't do her job she has NOTHING and everything she's built her life on is a LIE. Heck, she even feels threatened by the 'fondness' that she feels now. She had a poisoned apple show up in her room afterward because a part of her wanted to destroy this fear by eliminating its source - which is the way she fixes EVERYTHING (note that ever since her unnamed lover, she has killed everyone she's slept with so she doesn't have to deal with this. And in `order` to make sure she feels no guilt over the murders, she only sleeps with (good-looking!) targets. She's got a bit of a black widow thing going on).

And there's a part of her that recognizes how fucked that is. She's realizing that she's cut herself off from everyone and made it her sole purpose in life to KILL people. Heck, Cla'nee all but told her "I don't want to end up like YOU, Aradhel." She's also realizing that, at age thirty, she's already lived a rather long life for an assassin. She's having an early midlife crisis. She desperately wants something 'bigger' than her job, but her job is ALL SHE KNOWS and she's terrified of losing it.

Case in point: Venos and Cla'nee.

Cla'nee reminds Aradhel of her younger self. She's the same age Aradhel was when she had the affair that ended so badly. The logical, rational, independent, sensible, ruthless-assassin Aradhel really thinks that their marriage is a REALLY BAD IDEA. Firstly, part Cla'nee still loves Venos as her childhood white knight savior from her days at the brothel, not in a 'mature' way. WAY more importantly, Cla'nee is Brotherhood and Venos is Legion. This usually ENDS BADLY. On a selfish level, Aradhe is worried that SHE will be `order`ed to kill one of them (Cla'nee if she leaves the Brotherhood for Venos, Venos if he becomes a danger to the Brotherhood) or both of them (if they up and run). On a nicer level, she is worried that one of them will get hurt or killed as a matter of course and doesn't want them to feel that pain (specifically, she is worried that the same thing that happened to her might happen to Cla'nee. This is unlikely, but don't tell her that.) This is part of the reason why Aradhel and Cla'nee's relationship is so rocky - Aradhel gave Cla'nee a lecture about why she was a stupid, silly little girl. She then went off and had a good cry because of the following...

The nice, romantic, wanting-to-break-out-of-shell Aradhel melts into a puddle of goo upon seeing Venos and Cla'nee. She's so, so happy for them. She's also a bit jealous and bitter, because they have something that she destroyed her chances for. But mainly she's happy. (truth be told, Aradhel is a hopeless romantic waiting to happen. She killed her unnamed lover with a poison apple after a nice dinner because it was 'romantic.' She's a bookworm who secretly loves sappy fairytales even as she calls them 'unrealistic trash.' She's reading Vivec's Sermon's now, and I suspect she's going to tell Vilandon something about how "they're still beautiful even if they're not true," and if we can get Vilandon to read to her she might MELT.

So...

Aradhel wanted sex. She wanted the only sort of connection that she allows herself. I don't THINK she felt much for Vilandon beforehand other than 'nice guy, into bondage, let's try corrupting a priest.' Afterward, of course, there was some sort of connection and she felt guilty and responsible for breaking him, which forced her to realize that she is 'fond' of him. The former made her conclude that she is 'a cruel, worthless, horrible person' for breaking him and being unable to comfort him. The latter made her push him away out of fear of it getting 'worse', which broke him further, which perpetuated the "I'm a horrible person." And when she realized that she WAS pushing him away, she felt like even MORE of a horrible person because she concluded that she's incapable of love. I still don't think she loves him, and she certainly wouldn't admit it if she did. She's not doing squat at the moment because even TALKING to one of them would force her to decide whether to be heartless or loving, and either one of those will hurt her.

Does that make her the 'evil' one of the pair?

I have no fucking clue.

*reads*

DAMN good thing Cla'nee was too angry to register the apple. We must have her brain catch up at some point. I will do that before she gets back from Morrowind. :biggrin: Needs more DRAMA.

*reads more*

Wow. It's...gonna take a while for Cla'nee to stop being mad. At the rate this is going, Cla'nee's simply not going to forgive her, because she desperately wants Vilandon to have what she has with Venos. I'm guessing that she really is probably one of the more innocent members of the DB, especially for her rank - because, let's face it - her promotions came from her ability to organize things and her association with Hassildor, not her contracts. She probably chose her own contracts out of the paperwork, even, so she likely picked out the ones she thought deserved it.

Despite what she says, I really think she's got Aradhel right up there with Chayka and Salvatori. Especially once she remembers that apple. She really is very young in a lot of things. I hope she starts growing up more.

O.o

Wow, that's actually a really in-depth look at Aradhel. Nice summary. :laughing2dw:

And yes, that is the extent of my comments, because I don't really want to think about the implications...I have an English exam to sit tomorrow, dammit!