Sign in to follow this  
Morrigain

Aradhel

*reads*

Well. This is going to be... interesting, if nothing else. o.O Poor Aradhel/Cla'nee/Viladon/Venos/Any-poor-unfortunate-who's-close-enough-to-get-stabbed

Guest theinfamouskat

Hmm... well since Ama's analysing Nee, I'm gonna do Vilandon.

I think that somewhere, deep inside, he still has a crush on her, despite everthing that has happened, and if Aradhel were to apologize, Vilandon would accept it, but still be in for a long healing period. If he were to sleep with her again before he could comes to terms with his religion and his emotions, he'll probably be a broken widdle dude.

Even if he comes to terms and he hooks up with her, he's going to be REALLY secretive. Again with the Nee will HATE me for this, we CAN'T tell ANYONE. EVER.

*snicker*

Cla'nee: Apologize.

Aradhel: No.

Cla'nee: APOLOGIZE.

Aradhel: NO. No no n - *urk*

Cla'nee: Now, apologize, or I use the second half of my knives.

Aradhel: *bleeding* Screw you!

Vilandon: *LOOOOONG GONE*

Nee's gotta learn to tone it down like whoa. She's very much so all or nothing, isn't she?

Tropes! And then I shall go to bed (I was going to be on tonight, but RL stopped by to say hello and watch movies).

Badass Bookworm - Those who don't know her are usually surprised when the skinny Bosmer girl sighs, puts down her novel, and stabs them in the kidney.

Broken Bird - Currently trying to glue herself back together. She's frightened by the idea that she may be thawing.

Career Killer - Dark Brotherhood, and very much so.

Dead Little Sister Lover - She was cynical yet well-adjusted before this made her BSOD. She "moved on" to regard it as Her Greatest Failure. Don't imply that this isn't a healthy, logical way to think about it. Do NOT imply she enjoyed it.

Don't You Dare Pity Me - There's nothing wrong with her. She's always the strong one. Because if you suggest otherwise, she might crack.

Love Hurts - She's worked hard to convince herself that love is 'a waste.' But she doesn't want to think about this too much...

The Quiet One - She doesn't like talking - especially if she's talking about herself. If she stays quiet, people tend to ignore her, so playing the wallflower has become her main defense mechanism. This has nothing to do with It's always the quiet ones (If You Know What I Mean).

Silly Rabbit Idealism Is For Kids - She used to believe in fairytales and romance (secretly she still does). Now she says that love hurts, most people want to walk all over you, and the only useful skill she knows is how to kill people. It's surprising she hadn't cracked before now.

The Spock - She's been trying to turn into this. It's not really working.

The Straight Arrow - Pretty much to a tee.

Survival Mantra - Various. When she goes quiet, you can bet she's mentally reviewing the best way to knife everyone in the room.

Wholesome Crossdresser - stuffing her in a dress will result in lots of nervous twitching and whining to have her knives back.

The Meyers-Briggs personality test is fun. I'm an INFJ. Aradhel, however...

:biggrin:

Portrait of an ISTJ - Introverted Sensing Thinking Judging

(Introverted Sensing with Extraverted Thinking)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Duty Fulfiller

As an ISTJ, your primary mode of living is focused internally, where you take things in via your five senses in a literal, concrete fashion. Your secondary mode is external, where you deal with things rationally and logically.

ISTJs are quiet and reserved individuals who are interested in security and peaceful living. They have a strongly-felt internal sense of duty [Yes], which lends them a serious air and the motivation to follow through on tasks [Absolutely - she can be trusted to complete all her contracts, and she's very proud of this]. Organized and methodical in their approach, they can generally succeed at any task which they undertake.

ISTJs are very loyal, faithful, and dependable. They place great importance on honesty and integrity [integrity, yes. Honesty, not so much]. They are "good citizens" who can be depended on to do the right thing for their families and communities [Only as long as "family and community" means "bloodthirsty guild of serial killers" and not the actual, you know, community]. While they generally take things very seriously, they also usually have an offbeat sense of humor and can be a lot of fun - especially at family or work-related gatherings. [sure, if you say so]

ISTJs tend to believe in laws and traditions, and expect the same from others. They're not comfortable with breaking laws or going against the rules. If they are able to see a good reason for stepping outside of the established mode of doing things, the ISTJ will support that effort. However, ISTJs more often tend to believe that things should be done according to procedures and plans. [Absolutely] If an ISTJ has not developed their Intuitive side sufficiently, they may become overly obsessed with structure, and insist on doing everything "by the book".

The ISTJ is extremely dependable on following through with things which he or she has promised. For this reason, they sometimes get more and more work piled on them. Because the ISTJ has such a strong sense of duty, they may have a difficult time saying "no" when they are given more work than they can reasonably handle. For this reason, the ISTJ often works long hours, and may be unwittingly taken advantage of. [i'm sure this is true. Yes. Since her promotion she's been swamped with paperwork, and she can't say no to doing it all, so...]

The ISTJ will work for long periods of time and put tremendous amounts of energy into doing any task which they see as important to fulfilling a goal. However, they will resist putting energy into things which don't make sense to them, or for which they can't see a practical application. They prefer to work alone [no shit], but work well in teams when the situation demands it. They like to be accountable for their actions, and enjoy being in positions of authority [not true, because she doesn't have enough self-confidence. She would make a competent if rather quiet and long-suffering leader, however]. The ISTJ has little use for theory or abstract thinking, unless the practical application is clear. [Not true]

ISTJs have tremendous respect for facts. They hold a tremendous store of facts within themselves, which they have gathered through their Sensing preference. They may have difficulty understanding a theory or idea which is different from their own perspective [eh, not really]. However, if they are shown the importance or relevance of the idea to someone who they respect or care about, the idea becomes a fact, which the ISTJ will internalize and support. Once the ISTJ supports a cause or idea, he or she will stop at no lengths to ensure that they are doing their duty of giving support where support is needed. [i think she's less anal-retentive than this paragraph would indicate]

The ISTJ is not naturally in tune with their own feelings and the feelings of others. They may have difficulty picking up on emotional needs immediately, as they are presented [she picks them up just fine, but she doesn't know how to deal with them]. Being perfectionists themselves, they have a tendency to take other people's efforts for granted, like they take their own efforts for granted. They need to remember to pat people on the back once in a while.

ISTJs are likely to be uncomfortable expressing affection and emotion to others. However, their strong sense of duty and the ability to see what needs to be done in any situation usually allows them to overcome their natural reservations, and they are usually quite supporting and caring individuals with the people that they love. Once the ISTJ realizes the emotional needs of those who are close to them, they put forth effort to meet those needs. [Yes to this entire paragraph]

The ISTJ is extremely faithful and loyal. Traditional and family-minded, they will put forth great amounts of effort at making their homes and families running smoothly. They are responsible parents, taking their parenting roles seriously [though being a responsible parent does not make one a good one]. They are usually good and generous providers to their families. They care deeply about those close to them, although they usually are not comfortable with expressing their love. The ISTJ is likely to express their affection through actions, rather than through words. [YES]

ISTJs have an excellent ability to take any task and define it, organize it, plan it, and implement it through to completion. They are very hard workers, who do not allow obstacles to get in the way of performing their duties. [because if you didn't plan for an unexpected obstacle, you aren't doing your job]They do not usually give themselves enough credit for their achievements, seeing their accomplishments simply as the natural fulfillment of their obligations. [Yes]

ISTJs usually have a great sense of space and function, and artistic appreciation. Their homes are likely to be tastefully furnished and immaculately maintained. They are acutely aware of their senses, and want to be in surroundings which fit their need for structure, `order`, and beauty.

Under stress, ISTJs may fall into "catastrophe mode", where they see nothing but all of the possibilities of what could go wrong. They will berate themselves for things which they should have done differently, or duties which they failed to perform. They will lose their ability to see things calmly and reasonably, and will depress themselves with their visions of doom. [100% YES. Oh boy.]

In general, the ISTJ has a tremendous amount of potential. Capable, logical, reasonable, and effective individuals with a deeply driven desire to promote security and peaceful living, the ISTJ has what it takes to be highly effective at achieving their chosen goals - whatever they may be.

*runs off to do her characters*

Oh dear GOD - I don't want to know what Chayka ends up as. *whimpers*

Edit: Huh - I'm an INFJ, too.

Guest theinfamouskat

ENFP. Heh, hit me right on the money. ...and now I'm tired. Maybe post before I work tomorrow. *crash*

So a friend just pointed me to this song. Which is gorgeous. And it fits Aradhel perfectly.

Right, Aradhel? *pokes* *gets head bitten off* Er...the Aradhel that's still down there. Somewhere. I hope. :afrightned:

Edited by Morrigain

Riiiiiiiiiiiight. Note to self: while psychoanalyzing Aradhel (specifically, psychoanalyzing her whole Black Widow schtick), do not listen to anything by Recoil. Holy shit. I think this character has decided that her mission in life is to scare the ever-loving crap out of me.

First, the whole song:

And second, since I couldn't find 'Chrome' on youtube, have some lyrics.

So let's be done with this. You said "I want you, I don't want another, I want a girl who knows how to suffer." Chalk down my hands, I need to work the bars dry. So now you're in the middle of someone terrible and you're carrying a tiny crucible. Every raw boy want relief. You tough guys with the glass jaws, your pins, your backstage laws, your French positions, your stripper damage. It's more than you can hide, more than you can manage. I'm done with the dark boys, through with the dark boys, done with the dark boys, I swear you'll be the last one. I'm done with the dark boys, through with the dark boys, done with the black cotton mafia. You dream of a girl with silver skin, you dream of a girl cooled and thinned. She's gone a bit blue around the edges. You want a girl who sucks her thumb when she comes, you're just looking for a clean sleep. She doesn't want to see you, she wants to be seen by the cameras, the crews and the soft machines. You want a girl who could suck the chrome. You're so rocked and wrapped in anguish, some little tragedy I'm slow to extinguish. Watching the suitors stagger home, now I'm butcher, now you're bone. I'm done with the dark boys, through with the dark boys, done with the black cotton mafia. I'm done with the dark boys, through with the dark boys, done with the dark boys, I swear you'll be the last one. It's documented, tequila scented. You want a girl who's pale and bled, you want a girl who's easily led. Her slim hips, your tight grip, tell me it doesn't hurt just a little bit boy. Come on, copy, she doesn't read you, she fed, fed the hand that bit her, she doesn't need you. Your fill-in girls, your soft metal foxes, your white receipts, your big, black boxes. Life doesn't mean telling lies, it means enduring what you despise. I'm done with the dark boys, through with the dark boys, done with the dark boys, I swear you'll be the last one. I'm done, I'm through.

...I'll just...hide under the bed now. Yup. :afrightned:

Guest q21

Morrigain... has anyone ever told you... you listen to some fucked up shit.

:laughing2dw: Recoil has such awesome-creepy lyrics. Of course, nothing's more hilarious than having my iPod on shuffle and going from a song like that to one of my pure-hopped-up-on-sugar-and-possibly-crack J-pop songs.

Y'know...I just realized...we left Aradhel unsupervised in the Pratchett room... :afrightned:

Yeah. I'm not sure where to put her.

Moving her out before Nee gets back with Vilandon's parents would probably be a GOOD IDEA.

Moving her out before Nee gets back PERIOD, might be a good idea.

I mean...not that Nee has a tendency to jump to conclusions or anything...

Suggested Aradhel song

Lyrics:

When I was a young boy

I was honest and I had more self control

If I was tempted I would

Run

Then when I got older I began to lie to get exactly what I wanted when I wanted it

And I wanted it

Now I'm having trouble differentiating between what I want and what I need to make me

Happy

So instead of thinking I just act before I have a chance to contemplate the consequence of

Action

And I will turn off

And I will shut down

Burying the voices of my conscience hitting ground

And I will turn off

And I will shut down

The chemicals are restless in my head

'Cause I lie

Not because I want to

But I seem to need to all the time (need to all the time)

Yeah I lie

And I don't even know it

Maybe this is all a part of my

Flawed design

And ever since I figured out that I could control other people

I've had trouble sleeping with both

Eyes closed

And if I ask permission if I make sure it's ok I promise I won't slip up this time you can

Trust me

But never take advice from someone who just admitted to being devious and just confessed to

Treason

And I would also never ask a question that I cannot ask myself for it might dirty up your

Conscience

'Cause I lie

Not because I want to

Yeah I lie

And I don't even know it

Maybe this is all a part of my (flawed design)

And how can you say those things why can't you just believe

And how can you say those things and keep a straight face

And how can you say those things why can't we just believe

And how can you say those things and keep a straight face

And I will turn off

And I will shut down

Burying the voices of my conscience hitting ground

And I will turn off

And I will shut down

The chemicals are restless in my head

'Cause I lie

Not because I want to

Yeah I lie

And I don't even know it

Maybe this is all a part of my (flawed design)

'Cause I lie

And if I could control it

Maybe I could leave it all behind (leave it all behind)

Yeah I lie

And I don't even know it

Maybe this is all a part of my

Flawed design

-----

And here's the official music video, which I would have posted, but does not like to be embedded. Ah well. Watch it anyway - is cool.

At about 3:05 of the official video - when the guy in the mask looks at the camera all of a sudden?

Gah. Every time.

*is now under the bed*

So I'm cleaning today, listening to NIN, and 'Closer' comes on, and Mom flips because apparently she's forgotten about it since the last time she heard it and flipped. And I get to spend a few minutes explaining that no, mother dear, it's not a song about sex, it's about self-loathing and sex in the unhealthiest way possible, please don't look at me like that.

And then I realize that the song is perfect for Aradhel.

:blink::sick::blink:

And then I realize that the entire legnth of the album 'The Downward Spiral' (with the possible exception of 'Piggy' and/or 'Heresay') is perfect for Aradhel.

:afrightned: :afrightned: :afrightned:

(NSFW

to the Closer video for anyone who hasn't seen it yet and wants to witness the second-most-concentrated example of Fan Disservice/Fetish Fuel known to man - topped only by Chayka). Edited by Morrigain

Someday I want to run away

To the world of midnight

Where the darkness fill the air

Where it's icy cold

Where nobody has a name

Where living is not a game

There, I can hide my broken heart

Dying to survive

There, no one can see me cry

The tears of my lonely soul

I'll find peace of mind

In the dark and cold world of midnight

(Incidentally, the theme of some very, very badly broken child assassins who happened to be part of Chayka's inspiration. :afrightned:)

You know, I tried to get into this show once, and I just couldn't do it. It didn't click.

And then every now and then I see things like this and wonder if I should try again, because the writers seem to be reading my/Aradhel's mind.

Oh god.

Happy New Year. Have some depressing self-reflection.

So Aradhel has a horrible unhealthy relationship with the Brotherhood, yes? There's the lingering question of whether she really should be doing this, whether she wants to do it, whether she really enjoys it, and she doesn't know what to do with herself without it, there's all these snarled layers of denial, etc, etc.

DUDE.

DUUUUUUUDE.

I just realized where it came from.

This is the exact same relationship I had with my swim team the last couple of years before I quit.

:gnight:

I am suddenly so, so happy that I don't swim anymore.

Welcome to the Inn. We don't go to therapy, we just shove it all into our characters.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaay.

Edited by Morrigain