Sign in to follow this  
Morrigain

Aradhel

In other news, my friend - who's one of those really annoying people who's gorgeous and has amazing fashion sense and goes to college in England to study egyptology, travels all around the world, goes on these amazing digs, finishes undergrad and grad school in half the time it takes normal people, and then just happens to discover she has a talent for songwriting on the side - finally, FINALLY released a CD. And her song 'Sojourn' has been on Aradhel's playlist for FOREVER.

Go. Go listen. Do it now.

(also, you know, just buy the whole song. Or the cd. That's good too. This is totally not me shamelessly promoting my friend or anything).

Edited by Morrigain

Morrigain is a horrible person.

First Morrigain sees "Black Swan" and gets an EVIL idea for Lethe (and said idea is not the whole "performer becomes consumed by her character until it drives her crazy," 'cause she's already kinda got that).

Then Morrigain pokes around the American McGee's Alice trope page. And finds this.

"You selfish, misbegotten and unnatural child! YOU smelled the smoke! But you were in dreamland taking tea with your friends, you couldn't be bothered! Your room was protected and spared while your family upstairs roasted in an inferno of incredible horror!"

*hides under bed* NO. I will not be influenced by this. SAY IT ISN'T SO.

Now, I don't normally listen to Evanescence, due to the fact that most of their songs are more or less the same, but this one made me think of the recent events involving Aradhel and Chayka.

*hides in the corner*

I was just thinking of that. biggrin.gif

Now, this whole evening I've had this song on loop. (Technically it's about waking UP from a dream state, but the sentiment is exactly the same, okay? And it's pretty. Shush).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Da6bBKLPEGg

No more dreaming of the dead as if death itself was undone

No more calling like a crow for a boy, for a body in the garden

No more dreaming like a girl so in love, so in love

No more dreaming like a girl so in love, so in love

No more dreaming like a girl so in love with the wrong world

*joins Ama in the corner*

Edited by Morrigain

:blink: :blink: :blink:

Once again, Florence + the Machine creates a song/video that UNCANNILY fits one of my characters. It's like they have a direct tap into my brain.

I've always identified Aradhel (her childhood on the Anvil docks, her emotional state, the way I can't shake the image of her death by drowning herself) with dark, mucky water. So this works on a very literal level as well as...I'll just shut up and leave this here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMBTvuUlm98&ob=av3e

Edited by Morrigain