Sign in to follow this  
Guest theinfamouskat

Reina Dragmhira

Guest theinfamouskat

Name: Reina Dragmhira (aka: The Sage)

Age: It is difficult enough to guess the age of any Elven woman. If healthier, the woman would look as though she was in her mid to late twenties. But the lamplight casts deep shadows across her face, now gaunt.

Race: There is a slight point to her ears, giving her the appearance of a Bosmer, but her height contradicts the assumption. Standing at near six-feet, the Sage is clearly elvish but for all appearances seems to defy any real title. You've heard some of the other patrons talking about her, something about a desert tribe, but you decided to `order` another drink and not ask any questions. Occassionally, the Sage shifts her robes about her, and you catch glance of a branding mark between her shoulder blades: a small crescent moon. You heard someone ask her about it, and she quickly gathered the cloak around her again. "The symbol of my people," she said, and then fell silent.

Appearance: It's clear that at one time she was breathtaking. Her eyes are a winter-blue, made even deeper by her pale peach colored skin. Her hair is still a startlingly vibrant mixture of rust and blood. It looks as though it had been quite long at one time, but it is now been butchered short, a sloppy job that seems to have been done with an axe or an unwieldy blade. It looks like there has been some attempt to even it out. While somewhat of a mess, there is a slight curl to her hair, helping soften her appearance and making the cut look less severe. The growth is also helping. Her hair is just beginning to cover the back of her neck, allowing her to discard the scarf she'd kept tied around her at all times. A fellow patron has told you that he once saw a mark on the back of her neck and drew it for you on a napkin. It was the mark given by the Imperial Legion to sentenced to death for unspeakable crimes. He warned you to stay clear of that one, `order`ed another drink, then told you a story that he never finished. Now that you think of it, you haven't seen him for a few weeks.

Dress: Her clothing seems limited to the large, gray cloak she wears. There is some clothing beneath the cloak, but it's hardly appropriate for the street. It fits the description of attire worn in the far deserts with their sultans and harems. They were bright at one time, but they seem to be faded now. Across both her wrists are small indentations, much like those made by the slaver's bonds. Someone once commented about how she might acquire such marks. It was a taunt, the way he'd said it. She warned him once, then broke his jaw. She has been wrapping her wrists with a dark fabric ever since. She wears no obvious jewelry save a battered metal band on her left ring finger. It once housed a stone, but the casing is empty. The ring is distinctively Imperial, a stark contrast from the rest of her attire. You don't believe her to be married, or to have ever been. No one asks, and?after the incident involving the broken jaw?everyone is content with this discission.

Weapon: She doesn't appear to carry any weapons on her, just a few canisters of questionable-looking powders and some strange bangles hanging from the sash about her waist. In fact, one of the Inn's regulars swears the small scroll-sized shaft of wood she carries with her is actually a weapon. He calls it a Dai-Jo, and that in her hands, it extends to the length of a full quarterstaff, covered in all sorts of runes and such. He also says that he saw eight pigs sprout wings and take off flying from hill north of the Inn and that he is the reincarnation of some god or another.

Occupation: She owns no shop that you know of, nor does she work for anyone. The only hint you have is from a merchant that passed by almost two months ago. He and the barkeep struck up light conversation, and you never had been one to turn away from a decent rumor. The word Sage was mentioned, but as to what that actually entails, you are unsure. You begin to think about it, and wonder how she can even afford to be here as often as she is.

Backstory: Five broken arms, eight broken legs, two broken jaws, and a very irritable barkeep later, there is little-to-nothing known about the Sage. Her name is the only information she will give out, and even then, not willingly. The band on her wedding finger makes you wonder what it is she has to hide, and the title of Sage leaves many questions as well. You've seen what has happened to others who ask too many questions, and you decide it's best not to become one of those people. But that doesn't mean you won't try your hand in conversation at some point.

*cracks knuckles* And in 2nd person, too! Eh, every other voice sounded strange.

This should prove most interesting.

Guest theinfamouskat

Pleasure to be here. And I'll try not to get any blood on the floor this time.

Guest theinfamouskat

Erm, yeah. Reina's my ongoing character in OB, and she... kinda got outta hand. Whereas I'm happy-go-lucky all the time, Rei is... well... bitter and violent.

Like Stephen King's "On Writing" says, the creepiest thing in writing is when your characters start living and breathing and acting on their own, even against your best wishes.

Mine do that all the time. :)

Trust me, you don't want to know what some of them have been up to in the back of my head. (Especially Cla'nee)

Oh, and I have a feeling that Reina and Dove aren't going to quite see eye-to-eye when it comes to questions. :biggrin:

Oh, lord. So do mine. And then I had a nightmare about what would happen if some of my more screwed-over characters actually existed and ran into me in a dark alleyway.

:)

Aradhel must HATE me.

Guest theinfamouskat

Oh Gods... Reina and [exempt spoiler]* would have a hey-day with me if I ran into them in a dark alleyway.

It's not MY fault all this happened!! ...mostly.

*: was going to put a name, but decided it's a spoiler I don't want to bring up yet. BWAHAHAHA!

Guest theinfamouskat

Everyone else is doing playlists, so I'm caving to peer pressure! YAY PEER PRESSURE!!

Quiet As A Mouse, Margot And The Nuclear So and So?s *

Between The Wars, Cameron McGill and What Army *

Cacoon, Darling Violetta

Sam?s Town, The Killers

Bleed Well, HIM

Lecher Bitch, The Genitorturers (:tongue: I couldn't resist)

Lacrymosa, Evanescence

Little Things, Danny Elfman

Believe, The Bravery

Summer Shudder, A.F.I.

Becoming The Bull, Atreyu

Lunacy Fringe, The Used

Sky Is Over, Serj Tankian

Oedipus, Regina Spektor

*: Both these bands are fairly indie, but they should be on iTunes. Cameron is a distant friend of mine (I've helped him book shows here in Utah) and his stuff is AMAZING. I highly recommend the album that this song is on. PLEASE LISTEN TO IT!

Guest theinfamouskat

As I was telling Morrigain in a PM, I have a weird habit much like her "playlists." I cast my characters in EVERYTHING I write. Incidentally, I have a huge-ass word document, documenting every character ever and whom I would cast... I figured, eh, why not? I'm posting up my casting picks for each of the characters in their respective threads:

For Reina, I'd pick Kate Bekinsale. Not just because she looks great as a red-head, but because she's good enough at the, I'm tough, angry, and misunderstood thing to pull Reina off acting wise.

Reina1.jpg

Reina2.jpg

Guest J_Slr

I like the casting here! Yes hmm.... Kate er I mean Reina!.... I wants her blood now!

approved.pngAgain....

*ponders, should one of Macgrath's siblings be a vampire...*

Guest theinfamouskat

LMAO. The worst part, as my friend pointed out to me, is that I pick a gorgeous, sensual actress... and have her play a married woman. :laugh:

Guest J_Slr

Well, with whats going down we could get her unmarried.... *gryn* :biggrin:

Guest theinfamouskat

I dunno. I'm awfully attached to Dominic. However in the midst of all the turmoil, her emotions might get fucked up enough for her to ALMOST make a mistake. *worries about any Reina/MacGrath hook up that might ensue*

Edited by theinfamouskat

Guest J_Slr

LOL! sounds fun, except of course Macgrath is also there, so is only likely to get back after all the conflict is over....

Guest theinfamouskat

*lets out a breath of relief* I MEAN! ...how unfortunate. lol, actually, I would probably despise Reina for cheating on Dominic... especially after he just lost HIS WHOLE FUCKING ARM. Yeah, I might have issues with that, but Reina's flighty and fickle enough that she might try to turn to SOME male for support.

OH MY GOD. SEBS GET THE FUCK AWAY NOW!!

Guest theinfamouskat

lol, seriously though, I'm concerned. Reina's always been a bit of a skank, and her time as a slave didn't help any.

On the plus side, Sebs would be more likely to push her away, go "WTF" and give her a stern talking to. MacGrath would probably be like, "sweet," and let all chaos ensue. :tongue:

Once again: Thank God Chayka's not there. Since, as near as I can tell, her personal outlook towards sex is: "Does it have a pulse? Doesn't matter! Is it human? Who cares? Is it solid? No? Sounds like fun!"

...I love her, but she really does scare the hell out of me. (In between the maniacal giggles, of course.)