Sign in to follow this  
Guest q21

Sebs

Guest q21

Right, firstly a disclaimer: Its 1:23 in the morning... there may well be grammar and spelling errors. Deal with it, I'll fix them later.

Name: Sebastien Farcic (Sebs)

Race: Human, Caucasian

Description:

Sebs stands a shade under six feet tall (which short around here...) and weighs 170 pounds if he's lucky. His build, while fairly athletic, doesn't evoke the image of any gods or anything, though the subtle grace with which he moves and the spring in his step suggests that he'd be damn hard to catch in a footrace. His features are classically handsome; strong jaw, straight nose, high cheekbones, etc, though the only feature that people consistently remember are the electric blue eyes that seem to glow when Sebs is exited (or angry). His hair is mud brown, unruly and looks like it could do with a trim and he always looks like he shaved yesterday and just forgot this morning.

Generally Sebs wears comfortable clothes that tend toward darker natural colours; browns, greys, black. Though he does possess the odd coloured shirt, usually dark blue or crimson. He always wears a wide brown leather belt with a very intricate steal buckle. Attached to his belt is a work knife, a few nondescript pouches and a collection of vials filled with brightly coloured crystals or fluids.

If you asked him Sebs would tell you he is an Archaeologist... though it's debatable whether he's ever dug an honest hole in his life. More accurate terms would include: Raider of Tombs, Plunderer of Crypts, Looter of Forsaken Lairs (and some not so forsaken... fucking dragon). He has at time been called a dungeoneer, though he quite vehemently denies ever seeing the inside of any dungeons (except for that one time... or that other time... or the time with the Trolls, bloody tribal burial grounds).

Most people in his line of "work" are in it for the riches, Sebs is not. There are two things that drive him. One is a rather warped sense of fun - yes, dealing with pissed off mummies/dragons/demons/trolls/you get the picture, is fun.The other is genuine curiousity and a desire to find interesting things. Sure he pulls out enough run-of-the-mill treasure to make a living, but Sebs has left by far more gold,silver, gems, jewels and pretty weapons underground than he's ever dreamt of selling. He's more interested in the unusual things: ancient tomes of science and/or magic, fantastic contraptions both magical and mundane - he especially likes things that he doesn't understand... though he won't say no to an original or unique magic weapon if he finds it (but lets face it, once you've seen one flaming sword you've seen them all.)

Sebs is also an avid scholar and spends nearly as much time studying is finds as he does liberating them from their dank hiding places.

Notable Equipment

The Coat: Sebs possess a black, hooded coat that reaches to mid-calf. The hem and cuffs are embroidered with blood red runes, each symbol outline in thread of gold. Apart from being a rather nice piece of clothing there doesn't seem to be anything special about it, though Sebs is always has it close at hand, if he isn't actually wearing it that is.

The Satchel: Wherever he goes, Sebs' satchel goes with him. It is fashioned from brown leather with a single shoulder strap of the same material. Although its external dimensions are no more than 6"x12"x24" Sebs has been know to pull 10 foot ladders out of it. Basically, anything that will fit though the opening will fit in the satchel. Sebs isn't joking when he says he carries his life around in there.

The Sword: Easily the most mysterious of his possessions is the sword. It is a longsword with a leather bound grip and brass crossguard inscribed with intricate runes. Very few people (still) living have seen Sebs draw the sword, its certainly never been drawn within the Inn and as such the nature of its blade remains a mystery.

Personality & Behaviour

Sebastien is generally a friendly, outgoing person; quick with a smile or laugh. On rare occasion he gets a look in his eyes that hints a life that has lead him through some truly horrid episodes, but he draws strength from these and is nearly impossible to phase as a result. He does have a tendency towards sarcasm which has gotten him into trouble more than a few times when his mouth works faster than his mind - but so be it, he isn't changing for anyone.

As alluded to earlier, Sebs loves mysteries. Or, more precisely, he loves to solve mysteries. As a result he can become very deeply absorbed in whatever he's studying at the moment. Interruptions to his thought processes are often met with sharp, sometimes unkind responses, however, on occasion (depending on mood and exactly where his thoughts are when you catch him) you may end up on the receiving end of a lecture on some obscure book or object. The jury is still out on which response is more favourable.

Sebs has a tendency to leave his belongings unattended and given their nature some people cannot help but be attracted to the opportunity to investigate them a little more closely (especially that bag - who knows what might be in there?). Somehow he always seems to return just before said person can draw the sword... always - its a little disconcerting actually.

Knowledge & Abilities

Sebs is, in short, a genius. He has studied ancient tomes that most scholars would give their left nut just to read the cover of. He speaks and reads more languages than is at all decent and is capable of deciphering most other languages, provided he has some reference point to work from. While his innate talent for magic is average at best, his immense knowledge allows him to perform arcane feats usually reserved for the most venerable of archmages (the doddering old fools).

His athleticism and coordination make Sebs a talented swordsman, though his technique has been called chaotic more than once - it seems to work for him though. And damn well, I might add. He is very handy with a knife too, but merely passable with most other weapons (and utterly atrocious with a select few - can anyone say, "stuck a pike right through his own foot"?).

There done. Watcha think?

Guest q21

Good Lord thats long... I need to o to sleep.

Guest theinfamouskat

*cracks knuckles* Okay, back to the Shady Table, BWAHAHAHA!

Guest q21

Sebs feels left out cos he hasn't got a playlist yet...

Nothing - A

Mr.Brightside - The Killers

From Yesterday - 30 Seconds to Mars

R-Evolve - 30 Seconds to Mars

Through the Fire and the Flames - Dragon Force

Farther Away - Evanescence

Alive - Disturbed

Souvenir - Korn

What I've Done - Linkin Park

Angels -Within Temptation

Now he can be happy and stop shouting at me from that corner of my mind where he lives.

Guest theinfamouskat

YAY FOR PLAYLISTS!! *scurries away to iTunes* I actually have about 80% of this playlist! Yippee!!

...and yes, that was a "Jake Lloyd" Yippee.

Haha, I started a trend! I feel loved! And I feel so nerdy!

Y'know, I love Within Temptation, but the special effects at climax of the 'Angels' video are HILARIOUS.

Guest q21

Have never seen a Within Temptation Video... they hardly exist down here. No music stores have them, radios don't play them, their videos are never on TV. But they are awesome, I don't understand it.

chick, which two songs haven't you got?

Guest q21

Playlist needs updating...

Nothing - A

From Yesterday - 30 Seconds to Mars

Farther Away - Evanescence

Alive - Disturbed

Souvenir - Korn

What I've Done - Linkin Park

Angels -Within Temptation

Mercy - One Republic

Did My Time - Korn

Lacrymosa - Evanescence

Ten Thousand Fists - Disturbed

A Murder of One - Counting Crows

Its gotten darker and more aggressive hasn't it?

Guest theinfamouskat

I'm actually pleased concerned. A lot of our heroes are getting so broken over the things happening to them/their friends/coming to terms with past events, that they're getting... well, dark. Look at Vani! Two weeks ago, he NEVER would have agreed to torture an innocent young man. Now?

And of course, Sebs has been through so much shit, and Reina isn't helping with her drama and him being her Guardian Angel and all, having to go make sure she doesn't get herself blown up by Moriva. :biggrin:

Dominic? Well, after these last set of events coming up, I'm not sure if he'll bend or break... :sad: Poor thing.

>.>

<.<

We should totally break Dove next. She bounces back way too easily from her trauma. (*angst over Dom's arm* *angst* "Oh, is better now? Yay!" *Eats a few sweetrolls, while switching to 'slightly homesick at worst'*)

*sigh* Who am I kidding? Even I feel guilty when I'm mean to her.

Guest q21

Its like kicking a puppy... You can do it, but you feel like crap afterwards.

Guest theinfamouskat

Too true. Unfortunately, with the seeds we're planting, I worry about a falling out between Dom and Sebs.

..not like Venos, "I'm going to hit you and break my fist" falling out, but a verbal, "Dude, SERIOUSLY?" falling out. *sniffle*

Guest q21

Was wandering around wikipedia kinda aimlessly and found this... its completely accidental... but it fits pretty well as a real world inspiration for Sebs' name... which is a little creepy.

Sebastien Michaelis. (In case you don't know Sebs full name is Sebastien Michael Farcic...)

Edited by q21