Sign in to follow this  
Guest theinfamouskat

Dominic Kerensky

Guest theinfamouskat

Name: Dominic Kerensky (aka: Captain Kerensky)

Race: Cyrodiilic Imperial

Appearance: The man is tall, not much over six feet, but surely over it. His skin is olive, just brushed with a tan from days spent on patrol. He?s well-built, broad shouldered and physically toned, but there is a sort of leanness about him. His dark hair is worn loose to his shoulders, slightly wavy and falls into his eyes, a dark mixture of hunter-green and pale jade. He?s just begun to develop wrinkle lines around his eyes from smiling, but his smile gives him a startlingly boyish quality that contradicts his stance and movement.

Dress: While Dominic would rather not be in uniform, since his promotion there is little time to himself. If he isn?t on his way out to an assignment, chances are he?ll be called away shortly, and changing attire is the least of his concerns when all he needs is a drink to get him through the day or bring the day to a close. He wears the armor typical of an Imperial Legionnaire, with all the appropriate markings for one of his rank. Being in uniform, little else is allowed save the military issue tunic and trousers. He is allowed to wear his wedding band, though it is no longer on his finger. He wears it around his neck. Some of his men as surprised he still does that much.

Weapon: Legionnaires are expect to be able to defend themselves with a wide array of weapons, but Dominic feels far more comfortable with a sword in his hand than an axe or mace. His sword is a light-weight, flimsy little thing in most opinions. It certainly allows him more movement, but it has none of the heft of what other Legionnaires would call a ?real blade.? Dominic doesn?t care what they say. He?d rather his blade be swift than heavy.

Occupation: A recently promoted Captain in the Imperial Legion. Has yet to be assigned a true post, and spends much of his time in the Capitol City itself.

Backstory: Dominic would tell you his life wasn?t interesting, and like most, he?d be telling the truth. He was raised a farmer, joined the military out of some fool fantasy to ?see the world,? only to realize that the world was a much smaller place than he realized. Though far from disenchanted, Dominic is now content to spend the remaining years of his career on the homefront, though it isn?t uncommon for him to swap stories with other adventurers over a drink or two. It?s clear he has much on his mind, but it is far more than any normal captain would have. Though he is here to relax, something about him makes you wonder if he is actually here on business. And if he is, it?s business he doesn?t want to share.

OOC: if you?ve been paying attention, you might already know a bit about Dominic. ^_^

Guest q21

Sbes is going to get himself into lots of trouble...

Guest theinfamouskat

Well, the best part is Dominic is MUCH more social than Reina, and a lot friendlier. That gets him into trouble in terms of, "oh, I wasn't supposed to tell you that," but it's mostly personally stuff. Nothing like, "Oh yeah, if you wanted to assassinate Chancellor Ocato, he usually takes his lunch in the garden around noon... oh, damn it."

:smile: But he is a MUCH nicer person.

OOC: by the way, creepy q21! Now Reina has to come back or I'm scared your Sebs will go hunt her down! Yeeeeeeeeeesh.

Guest q21

The equipment he used had a rather different intention when I gave it to him in the bio - yes it is in there - and he does still use it for that purpose... but it can very well be used in different ways. Currently working my way through Prison Break Season 2... so I just could help but include the possible manhunt route... :)

Guest theinfamouskat

And Dominic's playlist!! A lot more indie stuff on here, and a handful of local bands as well.

Dress Me Like A Clown, Margot And The Nuclear So and So?s *

Act III, Band of Annuals **

You Don?t Know What Love Is, The White Stripes

I Stand Corrected, Vampire Weekend

Regret Is A Constant, The Trademark **

Way To Fall, Starsailor

Rainy Monday, Shiny Toy Guns

The Good Left Undone, Rise Against

The District Sleeps Alone Tonight, The Postal Service

That Green Gentleman, Panic! At The Disco

Up Against The Glass, Neon Trees **

Sleepyface, Only Son *

Take What You Want, Mesa Drive **

*: indie bands

**: local bands; I know the guys from The Trademark since I did a review of their album for the mag, but Mesa Drive are some of my close buddies in the music scene here in Utah. Neon Trees, while I don't know them, are AMAZING. They are finally getting their big break and opening for The Killers at two shows. Don't know which shows, but it's about time. They are EPIC.

Edited by theinfamouskat

Guest theinfamouskat

Continuing on my casting list, for Dominic, it's Eduardo Noriega. I've been writing this character forever in many different styles, and I thought about a lot of guys that would be good, but when I first saw Noriega in "The Devil's Backbone" (the movie the first pic is from) he was perfect. (btw, the movie's by Del Toro, the guy who did Pan's Labyrinth and comes HIGHLY recommended by me.) He's rugged, but boyish enough when he wants to be. I highly recommend the newest movie he's been in: Transsiberean. Get it at Redbox and watch it. DO EET. Otherwise, you might know him as the Spanish Cop in "Vantage Point."

Dominic4.jpg

Dominic4-1.jpg

Guest theinfamouskat

Not really. I've always imagined Dominic as more of a fencer than a swordsman. I guess now he don't have a choice. ... *sniffle*