Sign in to follow this  
Morrigain

Lethe

*Jumps up and down* I found some more changelings!

Tes: Emily Deschanel

Dis: Tilda Swinton

Goddammit, Jin.

This isn't going on her playlist (and Lethe's whining that I shouldn't even bother putting it up here, honestly). But. You know you've got a problem when your previously "light and happy" character qualifies for an Evanescence song, I'm just saying.

http://youtu.be/Un6SMumMgvc

Lethe is trying to remind me that she's usually snarky and flirty and uncaring and awesome, dammit. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg8DMqFuip8

Yeah, I love you so much.

I don't need to resist.

I don't need to exist.

Dripping blue blood from the wrist.

I don't need to resist.

And all the neighbors get pissed when I come home.

I make em nervous. Yeah, I make em nervous.

Crack a window, crack a broken bone.

Crack your knuckles when you're at home.

Lick an ice cream cone. Crack a bone.

All you had to do was ask.

Who is it that wears the mask?

When you give me the task.

Leave me broke and shirtless.

Check your lips at the door woman.

Shake your hips like battleships.

Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.

Sing. Sing. Sing.

I only got one face da da da da.

I tried too long to erase.

You know if I left. da da da da.

I wouldn't leave a trace.

If I left you woman, you know, I wouldn't leave a trace.

I wouldn't leave a trace. I wouldn't leave a trace.

If I left, you'd never see me again.

You'd never see me again.

I wouldn't leave a trace.

You'd never see me again.

I'm very glad that Lethe's healing from this point. :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpWO_byqSr8

Throw me in the landfill

Don't think about the consequences

Throw me in the dirt pit

Don't think about the choices that you make

Throw me in the water

Don't think about the splash I will create

Leave me at the altar

Knowing all the things you just escaped

...'Cause this is torturous

Electricity between both of us

And this is dangerous

'Cause I want you so much

But I hate your guts

I hate you

:wub:

Also, I think I'm going to kidnap the lady who does her costumes. Seriously.

You know, if I make it to Otokon this year... I'm going as Rilan. I just need to get Callista and Anduin carved up. The rest is finding the appropriate garb. If I had more experience in this, I'd most likely go full-out Dark Brotherhood outfit/cloak.

But I think I'd most likely just dye my hair/beard black, find some orange-ish-red contacts (I'm scared to death of contacts) And paint myself grey. Then find some kind of commoner-clothes. White tunic/blackpants, that sort of thing.

I did a meme on tumblr where people would give me a character and I'd write five essential facts that I always keep in mind when writing them. Kat asked for Lethe. She was having an attack of Inn nostalgia (she says hi :D).

I took the opportunity to do more than five and ramble a bit. I had fun.

1. When she’s afraid, her instinct is to run away. Literally. She's good at quick-change and has about a half-dozen safehouses and contingency plans going at any one time.
  2. She’s a very hands-on learner… in every aspect. Sex helps her get her bearings in a new skin. She doesn’t think this is weird.
  3. There’s a hell of a lot of stuff that she doesn’t think is weird. She was taught to see all non-changelings in an “Us vs Them” context, and that she’s fundamentally different from Normal People. Considering how much she’s fighting to be accepted as a Normal Person, this causes rather a lot of dissonance.
  4. There’s a HELL of a lot of dissonance caused by her training to be a Good Example Of Her Race and her desire to be a Good Upstanding Representative Of Her Race. These are very different things. Between the two of them, there’s not a lot of room left for her to actually be her. Saying she’s got identity problems is putting it lightly.
  5. She deflects with humor.
  6. To her, body = self. Changes in self correspond to changes in body. Tattoos are unthinkable. Scars are TERRIFYING. Keeping her same skin after the Jin Debacle went against every instinct, and was a very conscious “fuck you” on her part.
  7. NO ONE - not Jin, not her boss, not her best friend, not Temvi at present - knows the full extent of the Jin Debacle. Her family? HAS NO FUCKING CLUE.
  8. She is terrified of commitment, any way, shape or form.
  9. She is very conscious of the fact that her true identity is a: socially reviled and b: not, legally, a person. This is the root of her problem with her sister.
  10. She is essentially a good person. She has a decent moral code precisely because she knows, as a shapeshifter, that it’d be so easy for her not to have one and she as a representative of her race is better than that. She hates the idea of hurting people, even those that deserve it. She does not hate easily.
  11. She would rather have fun than be safe. She has no expectation of living much past fifty.
  12. I have no idea how she’s made it this far without a raging substance abuse problem.
Edited by Morrigain

You should tell Kat to come back. I feel bad that I never really got to RP with her. >.>

Also... what's the Jin Debacle? Or is that basically... anything her and Jin was involved in at all, completely? XD

Pretty much. >.<  :lol:  (Specifically, I was thinking of everything that happened when she was seventeen, but let's be honest here: it's everything Jin did ever)