Sign in to follow this  
Amadaun

Chayka

Wow. This character must be damned good to have over 50+ replies. XD

And that pic of Nabooru is awesome.

Edited by Onasaki

Guest Rahvin

Damned good? Well that is certainly one way of putting it...

Chayka is...special.

In that homicidal, cannibalistic, parasitic, will-sleep-with-anything, completely-and-violently-off-her-rocker sort of way.

With multiple personalities. And genders.

Also, she's currently expecting a child. No, we don't know who the father is. Or the mother, for that matter. She's that kind of character.

Guest theinfamouskat

I ADORE PATTI. I loves me Angela, but Patti made Ms. Lovett almost more... manipulative. Like someone pretending to be stupid who never really was. That, and her Sweeney is Michale Cerveris--Ser for the Cirque. Yummmmmmm.

Horrible quality, but if you know the song, it's brilliant. Her haircut and mannerisms SCREAM Chayka, especially with her draping herself all over Sweeney every able opportunity. :biggrin:

I had not seen that version of that song! (I...think I saw that cast on the Tony's a few years back, though. Or was that a different one?) That was AWESOME.

Guest theinfamouskat

AWMUHGARD, SHE IS A KICKASS LOVETT. And Michael Cerveris is my favorite Sweeney EVER. If you don't have the recording of this cast, GET EET NAOW. SERIOUSLY. Also, note... the pit orchestra... is playing... on the STAGE. THERE IS NO PIT. THE CAST IS THE PIT!! *drolls* My Robyn/Lethe (lol) got to see this cast for her birthday the year it played. MOAR DROOLING. GAH.

Hah - it is the one I saw on the Tony's then! The revival! *gigglefit* WANT TO SEE.

Guest theinfamouskat

Tis dead. :sad: After all, how can you possibly cast such amazing people so accordingly?

Toby played violin.

The beadle and Judge Turpin were rhythm and trumpet.

Joanna and Anthony both played cello.

Pirelli played accordion and flute and percussion

Crazy-Lady played piccolo, bassoon and clarinet

Sweeney played guitar

Lovett played Tuba and percussion WHICH IS SIGNIFICANT, as all the villains play rhythm instruments, while tragic figures all play strings alone. :blink: THIS REVIVAL IS CRAZY AMAZING. I was OBSESSED with this play for years. :afrightned:

Did it actually include Turpin's version of the song "Johanna"? That one gets left out a LOT.

Guest theinfamouskat

Yeah, God... Creepy as hell.

"Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa..." *shudders* Old man not-so-sexy.

Need to find the quartet from this one for you. Tis AMAZING.

Guest theinfamouskat

FOUND IT. AAAAAAAAAAAH.

Surprisingly appropriate song for our little Chayka - though it could be because it's the theme of an anime best summed up as "Psycho Killer Lolis"...yeah.

Translated Lyrics:

Behind where I looked back; (Who?s in the front?)

In the dark, I sank in my nails (and tore apart the night)

The raindrops turn into droplets of blood and travel down my cheeks

If there?s no place for me to return to anywhere anymore

Take these fingers, my fingers

I?ll take you away with all of your fingers

To the unopened forest where cicadas cry

I can?t turn back anymore

Being extinguished one by one; (the blue flames)

Beyond the darkness, (the morning won?t come anymore)

Inside the mirror, with countless wriggling hands reaching out

Come on, lure someone here

Oni-san, come here, to where my hands clap

No matter how you flee, I?ll capture you

From the animal trail where cicadas cry

The voice that I heard is no more

Take these fingers, my fingers

I?ll take you away with all of your fingers

To the unopened forest where cicadas cry

I can?t turn back anymore

Oni-san, come here, to where my hands clap

No matter how you flee, I?ll capture you

From the animal trail where cicadas cry

The voice that I heard is no more

(Note: Oni-san more or less translates to "Mr. Monster", and the clapping hands refers to a sort of "Marco Polo" kind of game.)

Have some insanity. It's fun. :mrgreen:

And then this one is just gorgeous. It's the intro to the anime that's the spiritual successor of the one in the post up above. Lyrics.

For Chayka and Moriva :laugh:

I broke your jaw once before

I spilled your blood upon the floor

You broke my leg in return

So sit back and watch the bed burn

Love sticks

Sweat drips

Break the lock if it don't fit

A kick in the teeth is good for some

A kiss with a fist is better than none

Edited by Morrigain

*falls over laughing*

And on a similar note:

And for even more amusement value, the same song...as done by Harley Quinn.

I shall introduce thee to the wondrousness that is Phoenyx, a band that died way, way back in the early 90s. My utter favorite. I can probably PM you the mp3s if you want them. Some of the songs have been redone, but the main singer/fidder is actually a guy now, so...yeah, things have changed. And his/her old site says: "Technically, that is considered an infringement of copyright, but chances are, if no money passes between you, and it is a one-time only deal, no one is likely to prosecute" so I figure that translates to "go for it, I'm not re-recording, but don't blame me, just in case someone gets angry" and I feel very little guilt. *digs up her old CD* I know I left that somewhere...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XvYiQVqSJc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaaOzeHiPGw

...Why did I not see these songs before? :blink: They are fantastic. *shifty look* Could you pm me those mp3's, perhaps?

Hah-HA! I re-found a comic that was part of Chayka's inspiration, that I didn't realize was part of her inspiration until I found it again.

Clicky.

So...uh...as you'll expect, being that it's semi-Chaykaish, lots of blood. And violence. And disturbing imagery. And sex (okay, not much sex). And fantastic art (in the later chapters - this thing is years old). Including one chapter that I am studying feverishly to teach myself the style. NSFW in general, but what do I read that isn't? *hides cutesy webcomics behind back*

To quote the TV Tropes page: "Kagerou is an ongoing Web Comic about an androgynous young man who is transported to a fantastical Alternate Universe, where he, as the Chosen One, teams up with the rest of the Five Man Band to save the princess and vanquish the Big Bad in the process. What? You've heard this one before? Oh, I forgot: the hero is a mentally unsound hippie-nerd with several alternate personalities, one of which is his neurotic 8-year-old self (maybe), another of which is actually a psychopathic, serial murder-rapist vengeful ghost. And it's entirely plausible that the entire thing might just be a head-trauma induced hallucination..."

*throws things*

http://youtu.be/WQs8NerS-FY

EDIT: In other news, I apparently missed the Nostalgia Critic video when you posted it. I swear had a small seizure from laughing. I think the roommate is concerned. :rofl:

Edited by Morrigain

EDIT: In other news, I apparently missed the Nostalgia Critic video when you posted it. I swear had a small seizure from laughing. I think the roommate is concerned. :rofl:

The whole thing gets creepy awesome when you put Chayka in there, doesn't it?

I think this is a magnificent example of Chayka. Which is entirely not what they were going for. I think. Anyway...yeah. :frightened: