• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
Morrigain

Caphion

The sky was bright, the air was dead and cold, and the sea that Jeni floated in was warm and full of things that brushed against her legs. it's going to be alright, little Wizard, the star chuckled. we're just going to talk. maybe. for a minute, an hour, a wink, maybe a lifetime. The sky flashed green and red and red. sibella did very well bringing you here.

I'd rather not. you can try finding your own way out. it's quite simple. For an instant, the water was utterly transparent - and full of eyes. I'd suggest looking down.

The water was clear, deep and empty. There was a point of light at the bottom.

start your daring escape attempt, little Wizard, or I might get bored again.

OOC: *writers block*

Jeni examined the light for a long moment. She didn't know much about this place. And she certainly didn't know what the voice really belonged to. But if it worked with Sibella, then it probably lied just like she did.

I wish I'd read more of the book when I was at the Inn...!

Glancing around, she announced loudly, "I don't believe you," and started to swim up and away from the light.

The eyes returned, the opened wide and turned into mouths lined with sharp teeth. The voice was laughing. good, very good! cleverer than I thought! the sea roiled and turned over again and again in time with the laughter. what fun this will be. I was hoping -

"Take my hand!"

The speaker was a young man in jeans and a pale shirt, disheveled-looking, who was floating not ten yards from Jeni. He reached for her, eyes panicked.

OOC: ...Okay, Eldritch Abomination Thingamajig. We're going to have a talk.

She hesitated. It's another lie, it's another lie...but...but what if it isn't another lie? What if he's trapped here, too? What if-?

"Preserve life" - that was what the Oath said. That was what she was supposed to do. The only real instructions she had to go with the book.

Okay, she thought. But I'm gonna be so mad if I'm wrong!

She reached for the man's hand.

The man's - boy's - hand closed upon hers in an iron grip and he tugged her along with him. There was a horrific ripping sound, a howl - and then the two of them washed up on a sandy shore. The sky above was a reflection of the sea from which they'd come.

"Safer now," he gasped. "For a bit. G-greetings and errantry and all that. God, you don't know how long it's been since I've seen another face..."

Edited by Morrigain

"P-Please tell me you're real," the girl managed, rubbing what she dearly hoped was water out of her eyes. "And th-that you know where we are."

OOC: Don't look at me, I'm having a nice pleasant talk over tea with Cthulhu as we try to figure this out. :blink: I'm thinking he's more teenager than kid, though.

"Do you know where we are? A lady named Sibella brought me here because she said she was going to show me a star." She looked around, lower lip trembling. "This doesn't look anything like a star."

Sign in to follow this