• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
laxon

Shield Table

- Last Post -

This was of personal design.

Some enemies just so happen to be thrice your size.

This one was also quite the fighter.

Now it is the favourite spot for those 'edge of your stool' adventure stories.

-Laxon

Guest J_Slr

Pulling Reina along to the Shield table, Macgrath sat her down and started off, "I have something to tell you about your mother, Amarantha, you half brother, Daro, and that lich, Moriva. Now I can cloak the table in shadows and allow you to see the memory or I can tell you want happened, what would you prefer?"

Guest theinfamouskat

Reina started at the sound of her mother's name. "My mother? What about my mother?"

MacGrath swallowed hard and put his hand over one of hers. "Look, do you want to see the memory or what?"

Reina stared at him for a long moment, the hand in hers. She gave his hand a hard squeeze. "Show me."

Guest J_Slr

Macgrath's eyes rolled back, and then turned pitch black, the table itself became shroud in an ink black mist that prevented sound from traveling into and out of it. Reaching back into his memory he played out for Reina the entire torture scene, it was project onto the table, sound and all, but Macgrath removed any emotional feedback, normally felt through these playbacks.

Once the torture scene was done, he said, "That is what happened, now I managed to get inside Moriva's head and I found this."

And he played back the memory he had taken from the Lich.

Edited by J_Slr

Guest theinfamouskat

Reina watched the memory play, saw her mother enter the home of Soren Moriva. She watched them drink tea, make small talk about her, watched Moriva's hand reach out and rest on her mother's knee. She wanted to scream, tell her mother to run away, but the baby was fussing again. Her mother was looking at papers, not seeing the words. She touched the symbol that was her name, but didn't read the other words: blood, innocent, sacrifice, rituals, nearly complete.

She saw the knife in Moriva's hand long before it cut a hole into her mother's lung. She watched as the dark man lowered her mother to the floor, worked his hands over her body to milk out the blood until there was nothing left. There was a child screaming in the background, a frantic hungry cry that went unanswered as the man filled bowl after bowl, leaving the room and returning each time, making another cut, running his hand over her arm to drain the blood toward her wrist, slicing open her neck over an open urn.

The child was still screaming.

Reina wrenched her hand free of MacGrath, out of her seat and screaming hysterically. She clapped both hands over her mouth, shutting her eyes tightly as she continued to weep. She shook her head. It wasn't possible. It couldn't be possible. MacGrath was on his feet, taking her by her shoulders. "Are you alright?"

She shook her head violently, unable to speak. She didn't want to open her eyes, knowing all that would come was more tears. The trembling worsened and, unable to do anything else, she collapsed against MacGrath. The man seemed startled for a moment, then--awkwardly--folded his arms around the woman, still sobbing.

Guest J_Slr

Macgrath had not been sure as to how she would react and even reasoning it might be something like this, he was still caught off guard by the strength of her reaction.

Macgrath did his best to hold her close and comfort her, unfortunately it was at this point that while the Chaos mage was fiddling around inside his own head, he had seen into her mind and he knew where she was....

OOC; you know if it weren't for Reina needing the attention, Macgrath would be jumping to Moriva's home to wreak havoc, its been a long time since a decent opponent has challenged him :tongue: Mind you, if Macgrath gets a look at Darion's face he is going to know immediately who he is....

And btw that book is not his phylactry is it?

Edited by J_Slr

OOC: No, no no - that's Chayka's adventure! No Macgrath allowed! :biggrin: And I don't think Moriva would be so stupid as to hand his soul to a ten-year-old.

I hope.

Guest theinfamouskat

OOC: What do you think this is, Harry friggin' Potter? :wink: Nah, the phalactary is... well, I'm sure Morrigain has already spotted it at least once tonight in the stories I've written. And if she can put her finger on it, I'll let everyone in. YAY INCENTIVE!!

Reina broke away, wiping her eyes frantically, still shaking her head. She looked up at MacGrath, eyes swollen and red. "How... how did you get that?" She shook her head. "How is that possible, that Moriva and my mother were..." She felt like she was going to be sick.

No, she was sick.

MacGrath was faster than she was, grabbing an empty stein and handing it to her in time for her to retch up the little that was in her stomach; two drinks and a glass of water. MacGrath eased her back down into the seat before the second wave of nausea hit. There was nothing left to throw up, but her body lurched nonetheless. Reina pushed away the cup, grabbing a napkin and wiping her mouth, coughing hard. She took several deep breaths before she was in enough control to speak again. She looked up at MacGrath, trembling. "Why did you show me that?"

[OOC: Yeah, she asked for it, but she's always putting the blame off on someone else. "It MUST be YOUR fault!!"

Guest J_Slr

"I showed you, because I felt it was your right to know, I do not give a damn whether you hate me for the rest of your life or not, I did what I felt I had too, I expect no thanks, in fact I expect you to hate me for it."

Reaching into his pocket, Macgrath pulled out a fully sized cloak, it was magically enchanted to fit its wearer and regulated the wearer's temperature at all times, it also has slight concealment capabilities. Deciding it should be good enough, Macgrath handed it too Reina, "Here have this, its customary among my people to present a gift to anyone we feel we have hurt unfairly and I think this is one such case, its a good cloak and consider this my apology for bringing you so much pain. I only hope it is adequate."

Without waiting for a response and before Reina could even think about giving it back, Macgrath turned and left the left.

{Macgrath has left Shield Table and gone to the Sun table}

OOC: Should you refuse the gift, Macgrath should actually call down a blood feud on Reina and her family, fortunately Macgrath feels that part of the custom is not fair as he can not die, so he might not go that route :tongue:

Guest theinfamouskat

Reina crumpled the cloak and hugged it tightly, both hands across her chest as she slowed her breathing enough to begin calming herself. She reached up and wiped a stray tear from her cheek. She was grateful MacGrath was still waiting to lower the shadow that covered the table, and no sooner had she thought she was ready for it to be gone than it was. The gift was far too kind, but she felt he was much like her own people regarding gifts: they were not to be refused or else...

Well, she didn't like to think of the "or else," part much.

Aradhel was looking over at her from the Inn Keep, and for a moment she wished the shadow was still up. She took a deep breath. She could manage to tell her the story without half the hysterics she'd experienced initially, but only because she still didn't believe it. She hoped she wouldn't have to.

"Hey." Aradhel slowly lowered herself into the chair across from Reina. This was going to be painful but necessary. Surgical. Let's pretend she's not crying. She would have preffered to ask Macgrath, but...too many people.

Aradhel leaned forward and kept her voice quiet. "I need to know what happened in the torture chamber."

Guest theinfamouskat

Reina wiped at her eyes again. Were it anyone but Aradhel, she would have likely told them where they could shove it. But it was Aradhel, and if anyone had the right to know, it was her.

Reina sniffed hard. "Moriva knew, he..." She choked on her words, then tried again. "He knew MacGrath was a decoy. He put him through some sort of..." She shook her head. Torture? "A spell, it... it roots around in your mind, your memories, but MacGrath made it work both ways, he..." Reina pressed a hand to her face, feeling the tears coming again. "He saw into Moriva's mind, and..."

Aradhel grabbed Reina's shaking hand. "And?"

Reina swallowed hard, tears already in her eyes. "Moriva killed my mother."

Oh. Aradhel loosened her grip on Reina's hand. "Oh, gods. I'm sorry."

She didn't quite know what to say.

Why am I so bad at this sort of thing?

OOC: Yeah, Aradhel sucks at the whole make-people-feel-better-about-death shtick. She's sincere though. *is totally not lame for posting such a short reply*

Guest theinfamouskat

Reina was quick to recover, or at least to try to. She pulled her hand out from under Aradhel's and wiped frantically at her eyes. "It doesn't matter," she lied, keeping her voice low. "It changes nothing."

It changes everything.

She ignored the thought and turned her face slightly away from Aradhel, stilling wiping her eyes. "What do you think Civello will do now that he knows?"

Aradhel shrugged. "Nothing stupid, I hope."

"And Carahil?"

"She came highly recommended from a..." Aradhel hesitated a moment. "Well, from a family member."

"Let's hope their trust is well-placed," Reina murmured.

[OOC: *scurries away to fetch hence Dominic and Venos*]

Guest theinfamouskat

Dominic took a seat across from both of the women. He wished there was more time to explain. There was so much reconciling that still needed to be done, and from the looks of it, Reina was crying. He felt a pang of guilt, but he knew if it wasn't said, the two women would be gone before he had so much as a chance to bid them stay. "Venos is on his way."

Reina straightened, almost instantly recovered save for the red splotches on her face. "Alone?" she asked.

Gods, what I wouldn't give for a moment to have a normal conversation with her again, Dominic thought. There hadn't been a moment for that since her last encounter with both him, Civello, and a squad of men. He shook the thought from his head. "Yes," he said, realizing both women were on their feet, reaching across the table and grabbing their hands. "But he's asked me to have you both stay."

[OOC: I want to see Morrigain's reaction to a line like that. Dominic isn't too good at this coersion thing. :tongue:]

Aradhel distangled her hand from Dominic's. "Macgrath's trick didn't work. So give me one good reason I should stay." She flicked her eyes to the door. "Thirty seconds."

Guest theinfamouskat

Dominic panicked. Thirty seconds wasn't enough. He made a face. "I... don't know, said it was something to do with Moriva. Said you were the least of his concerns, or..."

Reina and Aradhel exchanged a glance.

Dominic caught it, shook his head and continued. "Look, he doesn't seem like himself. There's something... off. I don't think he's a threat."

Reina glanced at Aradhel, then back at her husband. "Excuse us one moment."

She stood, taking a few steps from the table, Aradhel in tow. She kept her voice low. "What do you think?"

"About what?" Aradhel asked.

"Well, if Venos was at the interrogation, he'd have to know Moriva's a lich. It might change everything."

"It might change nothing... it could be a trap. Another one. And after we broke into his house--"

"Look around," Reina said flatly. "We could make it out of this Inn before Venos could even pull out his sword." She nudged the woman with her elbow. "What do you think."

Aradhel chewed on her lip. Waiting calmly for a high-ranking Legion officer who knows who I am. Stupid. She broke away from Reina turned back to Dominic, seated at the table and pointedly looking at the wall. Incredibly stupid.

She walked up and tapped the table beside him. "Alone?"

"Alone."

"Very much alone. There's going to be hell to pay if you're lying, Captian Kerensky." She sat back down, steepling her fingers. "Talk. What have you heard about Macgrath and Moriva? What has Civello been doing recently?"

OOC: So I think she decided that if Venos knows Moriva's a lich, the opportinity to use him as a mole against Moriva is too good to waste. And if things go badly she's got a knife. A very sharp knife. And, you know, Macgrath & co.

Guest J_Slr

OOC: you expect Macgrath to help? after you gave him insufficient information to save your own hide???

JK, he would more than likely help.

Guest theinfamouskat

Dominic looked irritated. "Well, very little considering I'm on probation," he spat out the last word, a little more angrily than he intended. When he saw Aradhel's face, he sighed and reached into his pocket, twirling a spare coin in his fingers nervously. "Look, MacGrath got out, Venos and just about every Legionnaire in the city went after him, and that's all there is to know."

Reina stood across from them, arms folded across her chest, cloak still resting on the table. "Did Venos say anything about Moriva to you? Anything at all?"

Dominic stopped twirling the coin, pinching it between his thumb and forefinger before snapping it down against the wood of the table. "No, haven't you been listening?" Reina glowered at him. It was clear their situation was not improving. He took a deep breath, trying to calm his temper. "Look, he asked for ten minutes, that's all I know."

Reina glanced at Aradhel. "Do we risk it?"

[OOC: I'm going to have to step away for a bit! Be back in a couple of hours!!]

Guest theinfamouskat

OOC: For serious! They shouldn't be worried, but then again, Reina and Aradhel are pretty damn paranoid. If they're gonna fight, they want SOME notice. :blink:

On the other hand, if Moriva came walking into the Inn (which I'm certain at this point will "probably" never happen)... that could cause some problems.

OOC: lol, yeah, they are definitely paranoid. :tongue:

And you shouldn't bring Moriva into the Inn. At least in Cyrodiil he is relatively safe, and is considered very powerful...

If you keep him out of the Inn he doesn't have to die. ^^

We could even make him a recurring villain, lol! :biggrin:

EDIT: Actually, if anyone does want to bring a killable character in, and doesn't want them dead in two seconds and thinks Rake might want to kill them...PM me, and I'll take him out for you. :smile:

"We risk it. We're going to need help at every level of command and beauracracy we can get." She glanced at the door. "And if it's a trap - well, you say Venos is off. Been through hell. Twitchy. Nervous." She nodded. "Foolish."

Reina sat down between the two of them. Aradhel smiled at her in a distinctly evil-looking way. "So, do you want to tell him? Or should I? Or should we wait for Venos to burst in and announce it to the whole room?"

Sign in to follow this