• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
laxon

Gear Table

Guest q21

As Sebs approached the Gear Table he studied the man sitting there again. His worn clothing and the battered lute case bespoke a man who had been through much lately. Not on the run though, not with the way he was sitting in full view of the door like that. Every few minutes since he'd been here he'd look expectantly toward the door. Sebs had an idea, one that would probably get him into more trouble. Taking the seat directly the man's view of the doorway he filled the second glass and pushed it across the polished metal surface of the table.

"I'm Sebs, pleased to meet you," Sebs smiled, a little more wickedly than normal, "ain't waiting just a bitch to do by yourself?"

Guest q21

There had been a Daemon. The fact that it had arrived through the Inn's fire or that it had arrived chasing Macgrath were immaterial. There had been a Daemon. Sebs hadn't had time to see what type of Daemon, Macgrath had handled the thing in impressive time. But that didn't change the fact that there had been a Daemon and for the moments that it had been here Sebs had very nearly snapped. Thousands of instincts all pointing in the same direction, all bent on forever removing yet another grunt from Hell's armies.

The impulsive response to anything Daemonic was hard enough to control when he was prepared, but when they simply jumped into existence from nowhere on Sebs... it just wasn't good. Sebs had been but a few moments away from diving to the Moon Table and unsheathing Harrower, and that could never end well. Even now, with the Daemon destroyed, its soul safely bound in a gem Sebs was only just recovering his nerves. He drained his glass of wine, then the bottle and slowly started feeling better.

Edited by q21

There was blood all over the floor. Slippery. Aradhel would need to clean her shoes again. But the smell was...comforting.

She traced her fingers over the surface of the gear table as she passed. Sebs looked far worse than he had been a few minutes ago, and she felt a little stab of guilt. Ah, well. Too late for that.

"Careful," she whispered.

She wondered if he even heard her.

[Aradhel has left the gear table...not that she was really there] :tongue:

Guest q21

Now there was another demon. Was this an Inn or a goddamn circle of the Abyss. Granted, this one wasn't fully fledged, second generation if Sebs knew anything. Sebs knew full well that those of planar heritage shouldn't be judged by it, but there was a part of him that wanting nothing more than to end the girl. Sebs fought internally for control of himself. So long as it stayed on that side of the fire he'd be okay, if he got some more wine that was.

"Somemore of whatever that was, Drubin," Sebs called to the bartender, "get whatshername to bring it here." Sebs then stared resolutely at his currently empty glass and equally empty bottle. A few moments ago Aradhel had walked past and said something to him, he hadn't caught a word of it. The man across the table from him was looking a little alarmed at the possibility that the man who'd just joined him was insane. He wasn't far off either.

ooc - poor Sebs, he hasn't even realised Reina is here yet.

Edited by q21

Guest theinfamouskat

Reina walked to where Sebs was sitting, watching the new events intently but with increasing worry. He hadn't even noticed she'd arrived yet. She took a deep breath, and slid into the seat next to him. "You alright?" she asked.

He turned, almost startled. "Wh... yeah, I'm f..." He rubbed a hand over his face as though it would help calm him down. "When did you come back?"

Reina shrugged. "Just a few minutes ago." She sighed. Better make this quick and painless. "Listen, Aradhel and Dove said you wanted to see me, then ran off."

Sebs looked a little paler, if it was possible. His voice was slightly bitter. "Oh, they did?"

"Yes, and I think I know what this is about."

Sebs hand flew up to his front pocket. "Hell, you do?"

Reina smiled and sighed. "Well, Sebs, it's only obvious, but that's what makes this so hard." She put her hand on his. "Now, don't get me wrong, you're a very nice fellow, and that's increasingly rare to find these days."

Sebs blinked several times. "Excuse me?"

"I just want you to know that it isn't you," Reina said, doing her best to sound sincere. If I had a septim for everytime I used that line... "You're very nice, but..." She bit her lower lip and flashed the battered remains of a ring on her left hand. "I'm taken..."

OOC: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Guest q21

"Taken?" Sebs looked bemused for only a little longer, "wait... you think," Sebs smile had finally returned, a little more forced than before, but genuine. He was still pale though, "you think I've fallen for you, haven't you?" Sebs eyes began to sparkle at the mortified look on Reina's face. "First and foremost, I have eyes and I know what that ring means. Though, this does explain why you still wear it, or at least one reason why."

"So tell me, how's Dom doing these days?" Sebs said, more than a little tauntingly. He was going to give her the letter, but he wasn't sure how much he should say around Dark-and-Skinny. There was also the minor issue that he was very on edge, little drunk and in need of some entertainment - even if he risked a smack in the head.

Guest theinfamouskat

It was now Reina's turn to pale. "What?"

Sebs grinned, and began to repeat himself, "How's D--"

Reina grabbed the man's collar with every intention of slamming his face into the table, but quickly became aware of the man who'd just sat down; the Imperial General that wouldn't recognize her face or name. He was a little too close for comfort. Or at least too close for Reina to pummel Sebs unmercifully without some sort of retribution. And jurisdiction or no, she didn't want to draw any more attention to herself.

Reina looked at her hands, still gripping Sebs, and realized they were shaking. She swallowed hard, trying to keep from screaming or crying, and lowered her hands to her lap. "He's fine," she lied, hoping the General would leave. She lowered her head, letting her hood shadow her eyes, knowing they would betray her if he or Sebs could see them. She tried to keep the conversation casual, but she needed some answers. "How do you know Dominic?"

Guest theinfamouskat

The Minstrel said something to the General. "Or were you planning on cutting my meat for me?"

Reina realized the man had placed both his blades on the table and was staring at her. Not watching. Staring. He took a long sip of from his glass; clear water. That was enough to make Reina nervous. No serviceman ever came to a pub to not drink, even when they weren't off-duty.

She looked at Sebs, anxious for him to make some small talk, tell her they should move to another table, but he was looking at her with his best I'm-very-disappointed-in-you father face, as though he expected some sort of confession.

Reina's heart was in her throat by that point, increasingly aware of the note the General was studying and the Minstrel watching the both of them. She rubbed her hands over each other time and time again, feeling increasingly sicker. She looked at Sebs desperately. "Perhaps we should return to our old table?"

OOC: When did you take the invisiring off O_o, didn't notice.

OOC: lol, back at the Shady Table. Reina figured she was safe because Ridel isn't Cyrodiilic. Haha, she'll probably end up being wrong at some point.

Edited by theinfamouskat

Guest theinfamouskat

Reina looked irritably at the one who'd just sat down. First the General, now this? Though she was thankful to have the General looking at someone other than herself. She gave Sebs's shoulder a squeeze; tight enough to make his eyes water, but not enough to make him cry out. She hoped it would leave a mark.

"Come find me when you're ready to talk," she purred through grit teeth. She gave the new-comer one last glare, then stalked off.

[Reina has left the Gear Table]

Guest q21

"Scholar," said a man with very interesting eyes, until such time as Sebs knew his name he was going to call the fellow Gold-Rings, "I need to ask. The man who brought the daemon. Who is he?" At the interruption Reina stood up and stalked off, but not without telling to come and find her when he was ready to talk. I'm always ready to talk, but there are going to be questions you don't want asked in front of anyone else. Her response to Sebs original taunt had been just as expected: Violence. She was fast, he would concede that; and illustrated by the rapidly fading pain in his shoulder she was strong too.

Sebs began to rise to his feet too, addressing Gold-Rings as he did so, "He calls himself Macgrath. He's a man cursed by a goddess, or so he claims. I tend to believe him. The curse consists of four parts that I can discern: Soulbinding, so he never moves on - even if he dies somehow. Souldrain, which passively collects life energy from his surroundings in `order` to power Eternalism which makes him just about indestructible. The fourth somehow binds them all together in a way I've never seen the like of and frankly it scares the Hells outta me."

Sebs took a breath, "He possesses five swords all of which are bloodbound to him and which form soul gems out of anything he kills with them. He uses the Gems to feed the Souldrain as a substitute for truly living Souls. That indicates some sort of care for his fellow beings and makes me think he isn't all bad, but Gods does he creep me out."

Sebs took another breath, "There, you have my professional opinion, now if you'll excuse me I have something to attend to. If time permits I'd love to have a longer more meaningful conversation... but right now, I can't." Sebs looked around for Reina. He spotted her sitting at the Sun Table, harassing Dove and Aradhel. The Sun Table, I guess its a little further from the lamplike stare of that tiefling bitch. The further the better. I wonder how good her senses are? I wonder if she picks up... no. I doubt it. Too good at hiding for that.

[sebs has left the Gear Table]

Edited by q21

Guest J_Slr

OOC: umm... errr.... blue text is a little hard to read btw.

Guest theinfamouskat

Dominic and Cla'nee approached the table where the Gerudo woman stood. She lifted one long leg and kicked a chair out in Dominic's direction. "Sit," she `order`ed. Her bronze eyes flickered to Cla'nee's and her expression hardened. "Why have you come here?"

"He is my patient, and you have something of a history of attacking men for no apparent reason," Cla'nee said quietly. She nodded to the chair and murmured, "Sit, Dom. I'll stand. I wouldn't be a good healer if I allowed someone under my care to put themselves into danger."

Guest theinfamouskat

"You assume much, angry-one," Simara said flatly. "My business with the man is not for your ears."

"I'm not angry. I simply do not like Gerudo." The last word left her mouth with more loathing than she had meant, but her gaze was fixed firmly on the woman's, and she did not see the realization on Dominic's face.

Guest theinfamouskat

Dominic gaped at her. "You're the one from my dream."

Simara gave him a short silent nod.

OOC: :biggrin: Lessee Cla'nee's reaction to that after her, Venos, and Civello's little talk.

"Holy hells. You dreamt about her?" Cla'nee demanded. "What did you - ?"

"I assumed the red-haired man was your mate, angry-one. Are you jealous of this one as well?"

"Shut up." She turned back to Dominic, looking pale and shaken. "What was the dream about? What did she do in it?"

Guest theinfamouskat

Dominic tried to remember, but all at once the dream was fuzzy and out-of-focus. "They were... talking about me. There was more than one of them, and..." He shut his eyes, looking suddenly pained. "There was a mirror, something came out of a mirror and..."

Simara frowned, but said nothing, watching the man intently as he pressed a hand to his forehead.

Dominic let out a sharp breath and opened his eyes, still looking troubled. "I don't remember... b-but this was a different place. The same, but different..." He looked up at Simara. "There were three of you, and--"

"You have been touched by the magic of one I seek," Simara said flatly. "We sought you through this touch."

"Touched by..." Cla'nee's eyes went wide and her gaze flashed to the stump of his arm. "Moriva? You're looking for Moriva?" In the same breath, her eyes narrowed to slits, and she shifted her weight from one foot to two. "Why?"

Guest theinfamouskat

Simara's eyes narrowed. "My business is my own. Suffice to say, he travels with one who is important to my people. A woman."

OOC: ... :blink: BAD CHOICE OF WORDS.

Cla'nee drew in a sharp breath, going white. Her fingers twitched before she realized she wasn't wearing any of her daggers. In a very quiet voice, she asked, "Why is this...woman important? He only travels with one that I know of, and if I ever get my hands on her, I will make her very, very sorry."

OOC: Also a bad choice of words.

Guest theinfamouskat

Simara's eyes flashed between Dominic and Cla'nee. Her gaze finally settled on him. "And you? How do you consider she whom he travels with?"

"There's only one that we know of," he said, giving Cla'nee a side-long glance, unnerved that neither woman was looking at him fully, always keeping a half-gaze on the other. "Who is the woman you speak of."

"A Sultana," Simara said. "Dark-red hair... golden eyes. Until now." She tapped under one eyes. "One eyes is godblessed..." When both continued to frown, she said, "blue."

Sign in to follow this