• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
laxon

Key Table

Guest theinfamouskat

Venos managed a smile. "I just worry that I might lose my head someday. I doubt I'll ever become as angry with her as with... that woman, but I hope I never lose my tongue. I never want to have to raise my voice to her in anger. Ever."

"Such a thing, I think, would terrify her. It is your responsibility to try and keep your temper in check." His eyes flashed. "You may begin by promising to never strike or manhandle my student again. Ever."

OOC: Eep. I was wondering when this would come up.

Guest theinfamouskat

Venos swallowed hard. "That was... a... terrible mistake on my own part," he murmured, voice suddenly small.

"And I'm certain she forgave you." The man's voice was dry, but something was flickering in the back of his eyes. "Nevertheless...I asked for your word, not your excuses."

Guest theinfamouskat

Venos nodded. "O-of course, of course you have it. My word a-as a... soldier, or on my honor, or however you wish it. It won't happen again, I assure you."

"Thank you." The older man's face softened slightly. "Was it merely a loss of temper? I know you mean her no harm, as she would never threaten you or your mate. Einin was of the opinion that she managed to provoke it." Now his lips turned up in a wry smile. "I realize she can be infuriating."

Guest theinfamouskat

"She..." Venos flushed. "As you so adequately pointed out before, the Dragmhira woman and I have a... past of sorts and she remains the only woman I allow my full temper to ever be aimed toward." He swallowed. "Dove... happened to cross that line of fire."

Guest theinfamouskat

"Several things," Venos murmured. "None of which I feel like revisiting in the near future. The bitch is gone. Hopefully she stays that way."

"I see." Seabhac shrugged. "Well, as long as you do not injure my student, I care little about this other woman. Einin is my sole concern...at least, the sole concern I am able to do anything about."

Guest theinfamouskat

Venos sighed. "And speaking of which, I have some concerned to attend to as well. Delicately, of course. Excuse me." And he rose from the table.

[Venos has left the Key Table]

Seabhac stood, pushing his mug off to the side. Dove had been gone long enough that she would not be back any time soon. Now was, perhaps, the perfect time to meet this young boy.

[seabhac has left the Key Table]

[The table is empty.]

Guest J_Slr

Stumbling over, Macgrath collapsed into a chair.

{Macgrath is at the Key table}

Guest J_Slr

.....Striding into the tavern, Victor looked around, he was his best dressed and he was confident that this charm would work, that it would part reality enough that he could at the very least have a conversation of some sort, he missed those terribly so, And who knows maybe I will get more than just a little chat. he mused, his mind wondering.

He looked across the tavern and saw a pretty young woman at the bar, she was drinking wine and seemed to be trying to relax, he moved in, he activated the charm and sat down next to her. She glanced up and gave him a quick look up and down. He in turn, gave her a charming smile, "Good evening my dear, would you care for some company."

Victor knew he was attractive and he knew how to manipulate people, but right now all he wanted was an honest conversation and as she looked at him, he felt excited, she was about to open her mouth to speak and then her eyes seemed to glaze for a moment then she shook her head and went back to nursing her drink. Something in Victor snapped, the power of his charm was for naught, it wouldn't work and as his anger and rage bubbled over, Victor lashed out, he let fly with his right fist. The blow landed, she didn't see it nor expect it and when he released the rage, he felt the burst of psycho-kinetic energy pulse outward. In moments she went from a living person to a blood stain across the bar. Standing up, Victor glanced around, the rest of the patrons were trying to figure out what had happened, Victor just walked out, they didn't notice him, They never do. ....

... Oh gods, there are stairs Standing at the top of a landing that required a person to take the 3 steps to reach the floor, Richard stood immobilised and frightened, as the panic clawed up his chest he stumbled back and curled up next to the entrance, clothed in his rags, he did his best to hold back the tremors, but he couldn't, the memories always rose up again and again, all those years ago, when he could jump from building to building, run along clothes lines, when his dexterity was of a scale that no one could compare to, when heights meant nothing and falling off a building was half the fun. And now look at yourself, you can't even climb down 3 stairs without vertigo setting in

Suddenly he heard a voice as he was lifted up, "Get away from my store!" The owner tried to throw Richard, but Richard held on and he reacted as only he knew how. He clutched and grabbed and pulled and as the store owner's skin came off in pieces and blood and muscle flew all over the place, Richard only noticed that he was once again on the floor and the panic was gone and the was warm liquid all around him, and it had slightly metallic tang, but that didn't matter, he was on the ground again...

...Its not fair, why let me see and never touch, why? whether the question was screamed or thought mattered little to Jessica, she was still in a straight jacket in a padded room, but even that prison paled in comparison to the one she lived in, she had been a mage of excpetional skill, she could weave and bend and make the magic work for her, not like her sister, who could reshape reality, no, Jessica was far more subtle, but that was in the past, all she could do now, was see the weave and flow and never touch, never feel its touch again.

The was a sudden burning sensation and she looked around, it was Warren, her warden, she must have been screaming out loud again, whimpering, she cowered back in her corner, Oh gods, he is not happy, its going to hurt tonight! Mother why have you abandoned me, does blood mean so little now?....

... Consciousness was a fleeting thing, but Tony hated it none the less, he spent every waking moment, seeing the beauty in the world, but he was completely unable to express what he saw, his curse had gifted him with health and gold, and for all that he could make gold with a thought, the only advantage for him was that it allowed him to buy the substances that made the waking ours drift away, groggily Tony grabbed another syringe, this one a dark green, A drop is said to be enough to kill 10 people, I wonder how many weeks I will lose injecting a full syringe

No sooner had he asked himself this, he injected himself and felt oblivion come to him, but before it could completely envelop him, he felt- Macgrath, littlest brother, is it truly yo..... ...

There a faint snapping sound and a very distant sensation of pain and then

... Visions of places seemed to flash by,Wait!, Cyrodil, the Commission's house of horror, Moriva, Chayka or Reina, a ball, a poem writ in blood on marble and dead bodies, power, a taint of madness, Moriva's home, no not home, but home. A scuffle, a little pale Elf, Dove, looking broken and damaged and another elf, Oh the agony! That poor child! Her poor soul, then Chaykeina and Moriva.... and then a faint chuckle. A voice. "Enjoying the show little brother?"

He recognised that voice,but wh- "Can't you recall you own sister's name? I would be hurt, but I am beyond caring now. However I felt you should see what has happened here, Now awaken!"

There was a definite shattering of bones as Macgrath awoke to consciousness, he could feel the splinters on his head where it felt like a sledge hammer had tried to get out of his head and he could feel the shattered remnants of his ribcage. Leaning back in his chair, he waited for the damage to heal, taking stock of what had been happening while he had been out.

OOC: Yay! I can post again :D

Will hopefully become active again....

It seemed hardly fruitful to get information from these, pathetic, foolish insects that inhabited this bar. He was growing annoyed, the constant failed--no not failed, ineffectual, yes, that was the better term. He never failed, not once. He'd need to change tactics if he was ever going to learn anything about this strange... inn. He pondered, though he couldn't use his shadows to enter this place... perhaps...

He shut his container's eyes, and expanded himself, stretching outwards; or trying too anyway. To his surprise it came quite easier then he'd expected, trailing across the walls, several tentaclur  extensions slink their way across walls. Hiding in cracks, and nooks, he took up surveillance; of each of the prospective tables, the bar, and the entrance. Occasionally, a single blood red eye would open up, peering at the patrons in the shadows, but quickly vanishing before it's spotted.

One extension held position at the bar, another the fireplace, then the shady table. As well as several other places, ever-watchful. Hidden until he decides to reveal himself. Leaving his container looking as if it were just a simple, sleeping boy...

[Pride has taken position at the Key Table, watching everywhere else.]

OOC Note: He looks like he's sleeping, unless you're keen in the ability to 'sense evil' or 'sense life energy' or any sort of magic sense, you won't know he's evil, not human, or otherwise.  To most he'd just look like a sleeping kid. He's also watching every other table, unless I'm told I can't do that. XD Any detailed information requested, just toss me a PM. Though most of his explanation is in his charpage, or should be known to those familiar with FMA: Brotherhood.

Kali stalks into the Key Table.  She stalks around a bit and then starts hissing and yowling at the boy.

OOC:  This could get nasty.

Pride opens his container's eyes, looking down at the kitten. He tilts his head, unphased by the hissing creature, "You honestly think you frighten me?" he muses, voice a cold, metallic mockery of a child's voice. A tendril flicks from one of the tables, across the boy's face snaking it's way down half his face in a rather spooky way as he watches the insignificant creature before him.

Kali glares at the thing.  She hisses and gets ready to attack.  As she crouches her fur sticks out and she appears to grow in size until she dwarfs the unhuman thing in front of her.

Sign in to follow this