• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
laxon

Fireplace

OOC: She'll be spitting and hissing 'til doomsday. He's not going to leave. XD

The boy glances at the cat, shifting a little in his seat. Rumpel lifts his brows, and lets out a quiet giggle, but says little other then that.

"Interesting."  With a small grunt, Ixa used her golem to climb up onto the hearth.  "I normally have to say something before people start leaving in a huff.  And can I stick my hand in that...er...orange thing without committing a horrible taboo of some kind?"

Rowan grins:  " She isn't mad at you Ixa.  There is something in the wall spying on us that has her upset.  We both felt it enter the room behind or in the walls.  I'm not sure what it is, but I can sense it too."

Rumpel blinks at the sight of Ixa, "And what might we have here?" he asks, tilting his head. "A little rat creature? Heheheh.. Interesting." he muses, rolling the R on 'rat' with a sort of elegance.

"An answer like that only lowers the general intelligence of this area by about ten point six percent," Ixa said evenly.  "Something useful, if you would?"

"It's actually quite simple, dearie," the green-skinned man muses, "A magic I've yet to encounter, but one none the less!" he explains, looking at the rat creature. "And one far beyond your... meager abilities. Heheehehe."

Daniel makes a vaguely placatory gesture towards the Cardinal and focuses on Rumple, "I don't suppose you have anything to do with enticing this "unknown magic" into the Inn?" He looks speculatively at the wall, "If this place automatically heals itself, then I suppose we could just demolish the wall and find out what's in there."

"Now why would I do that, dearie?" Rumpel muses to the man, with an arch of his eyebrows. "If it's observing this area, why would I have any need to observe, if I'm already here?"

Kali saunters back into the Fireplace.

Kali moves over to Rowan, leaps into her lap, and curls up.  She starts glowing and soon the glow envelops them both.

Rowan closes her eyes, as if listening.

Eventually Rowan opens her eyes. "The being at the Key Table was the origin.  Kali persuaded it to coalesce back into the being.  This place has done the rest, it won't be back, at least not in the fashion that it used the first time."

Rowan gets a pensive look on her face:

"That was an interesting experience.  I might not even have noticed the changes if Kali hadn't suddenly acted all twitchy when it came into this area.  I think she sensed the discomfort that being caused the inn when it was slithering through cracks and crevices.  Anyway, it seems to use shadow and dark to mask itself, so if you want to avoid it spying on you, keep close watch on the corners and shadows.   Unless you can sense the being the way 'Dearie' over there can."

"Shadows, huh?"  Ixa slipped off her goggles and began making adjustments to some of the little levers along the sides.  "In that case, there should be some wavelength that will reveal it.  With some work, I may be able to find it.  Until then, best if we stay by the hearth, hmm?  It's hard-pressed to find some good, steady shadows here, and if the thing wants to spy, then it can come over and talk like a polite monster."

"Or I'm already here." whispers that dark, metallic mockery of a child's voice. "This place is, rather amusing..." the shadows expand upon the floor as a three blood red eyes and a sharp set of teeth in a perpetual cheshire grin, pooling across the floor.

"Such...interesting little creatures." it muses, tendrils extending outwards with little hand-like endpoints, one snakes across a chair leg the other rises up along the edge of the hearth and expands from there into a dark shadow with various blood red eyes, and two sets of teeth now. "But allow me to introduce myself, I am what a man fears, and a child embraces. I am Pride."

"Translation:  'Ha ha puny three-dimensional beings.  Rawr fear me.'"  Slipping her goggles back on, Ixa gave a grin of her own.  "You know, compared to Professor Brik, you actually have a fairly muted ego."

The shadows sort of stare, unphased by the rat's words. "Such is the response of puny little insects, like you. If you seek to anger me, you're foolish to try." It's mouths don't move as it speaks, just remain as scowling, dark cheshire grins.

Edited by Onasaki

"Oh, he is.  You usually had to fight your way through fire traps and golems to even make it to his office hours, otherwise you weren't worth his time."  She chortled to herself.  "A few of us got together and drilled our own back door to his lab.  The next class was almost nothing but a rant about small minds and shortcuts.  Oh, he was just frothing."

Sign in to follow this