Fireplace

• Please log in to reply
1954 replies to this topic

Ysne58

Ysne58

Cave Bear

• 89 posts

Kali saunters back into the Fireplace.

Kali moves over to Rowan, leaps into her lap, and curls up.  She starts glowing and soon the glow envelops them both.

Rowan closes her eyes, as if listening.

Eventually Rowan opens her eyes. "The being at the Key Table was the origin.  Kali persuaded it to coalesce back into the being.  This place has done the rest, it won't be back, at least not in the fashion that it used the first time."

Ysne58

Ysne58

Cave Bear

• 89 posts

Rowan gets a pensive look on her face:

"That was an interesting experience.  I might not even have noticed the changes if Kali hadn't suddenly acted all twitchy when it came into this area.  I think she sensed the discomfort that being caused the inn when it was slithering through cracks and crevices.  Anyway, it seems to use shadow and dark to mask itself, so if you want to avoid it spying on you, keep close watch on the corners and shadows.   Unless you can sense the being the way 'Dearie' over there can."

Amadaun

Amadaun

Himalayan Jumping Bean

• Dark Brotherhood Chronicles
    • The Brotherhood of Old
    • Collective
    • Black Marsh
  • 36,904 posts

"Shadows, huh?"  Ixa slipped off her goggles and began making adjustments to some of the little levers along the sides.  "In that case, there should be some wavelength that will reveal it.  With some work, I may be able to find it.  Until then, best if we stay by the hearth, hmm?  It's hard-pressed to find some good, steady shadows here, and if the thing wants to spy, then it can come over and talk like a polite monster."

gallery_2_13_8431.jpg

Onasaki

Onasaki

Dire Wolf

• 2,287 posts

"Or I'm already here." whispers that dark, metallic mockery of a child's voice. "This place is, rather amusing..." the shadows expand upon the floor as a three blood red eyes and a sharp set of teeth in a perpetual cheshire grin, pooling across the floor.

"Such...interesting little creatures." it muses, tendrils extending outwards with little hand-like endpoints, one snakes across a chair leg the other rises up along the edge of the hearth and expands from there into a dark shadow with various blood red eyes, and two sets of teeth now. "But allow me to introduce myself, I am what a man fears, and a child embraces. I am Pride."

I have two forces by my side;
One's the truth and one's a lie;
Which one's which I cannot tell;
This enigma is my Hell.

"To Fall is a quiet thing, but far more terrible... is to admit it." -Darth Traya

FMJPuKV.png

Amadaun

Amadaun

Himalayan Jumping Bean

• The Brotherhood of Old
    • Collective
    • Black Marsh
  • 36,904 posts

"Translation:  'Ha ha puny three-dimensional beings.  Rawr fear me.'"  Slipping her goggles back on, Ixa gave a grin of her own.  "You know, compared to Professor Brik, you actually have a fairly muted ego."

gallery_2_13_8431.jpg

Onasaki

Onasaki

Dire Wolf

• 2,287 posts

The shadows sort of stare, unphased by the rat's words. "Such is the response of puny little insects, like you. If you seek to anger me, you're foolish to try." It's mouths don't move as it speaks, just remain as scowling, dark cheshire grins.

Edited by Onasaki, 30 May 2013 - 08:55 PM.

I have two forces by my side;
One's the truth and one's a lie;
Which one's which I cannot tell;
This enigma is my Hell.

"To Fall is a quiet thing, but far more terrible... is to admit it." -Darth Traya

FMJPuKV.png

Ysne58

Ysne58

Cave Bear

• 89 posts

Rowan grins at Ixa:  "This Professor Brik sounds annoying if interesting."

Amadaun

Amadaun

Himalayan Jumping Bean

• The Brotherhood of Old
    • Collective
    • Black Marsh
  • 36,904 posts

"Oh, he is.  You usually had to fight your way through fire traps and golems to even make it to his office hours, otherwise you weren't worth his time."  She chortled to herself.  "A few of us got together and drilled our own back door to his lab.  The next class was almost nothing but a rant about small minds and shortcuts.  Oh, he was just frothing."

gallery_2_13_8431.jpg

Ysne58

Ysne58

Cave Bear

• 89 posts

Rowan chuckles along with Ixa.

Sigurd Stormhand

Sigurd Stormhand

Mountain Hermit

• 1,110 posts

Daniel frowns, "Is there something wrong with fire traps? They're not exactly swinging blades."

Amadaun

Amadaun

Himalayan Jumping Bean

• The Brotherhood of Old
    • Collective
    • Black Marsh
  • 36,904 posts

"The heat can crack the matrix you have your homework stored in," Ixa explained with another grin.

gallery_2_13_8431.jpg

Sigurd Stormhand

Sigurd Stormhand

Mountain Hermit

• 1,110 posts

Daniel snorts, "If you knew there were flames you should have shielded it better."

Ysne58

Ysne58

Cave Bear

• 89 posts

Rowan looks puzzled.  "What is a matrix?"

Amadaun

Amadaun

Himalayan Jumping Bean

• The Brotherhood of Old
    • Collective
    • Black Marsh
  • 36,904 posts

"Well, of course," Ixa said to Daniel.  "But when you're required to use the ones assigned by the college, you're rather out of luck, aren't you?  Brik counted on that, in fact.  The temperature was carefully modulated to be enough to crack the matrix, but not cause too much damage to organic matter.  And-" she turned to Rowan, "-a matrix is a specific setup of crystals, energy, and magitech designed for a specific purpose.  To hold information, display images, create impenetrable walls, what have you."

gallery_2_13_8431.jpg

Ysne58

Ysne58

Cave Bear

• 89 posts

"That sounds like an efficient way to store things like that," muses Rowan as she pets Kali who is currently sleeping in Rowan's lap.

OOC:  Just trying to keep track of both of them.  This gets confuzzling after awhile.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users