• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
Amadaun

Interior II

Guest theinfamouskat

Reina came to a halt, eyes widening. In... Inquisitor Clementius? H-he... She looked ill. What do you mean there's both him a-and... She shuddered. And Soren?

She?s drawn to them, the little girl said, staring at the ground, small brow creased. Lovers, but not lovers, but more than lovers. They?ve changed her a lot. One channels and the other centers. It?s a little annoying for us in here ? we?re not used to her doing?this. She looked up again with a slight smirk. You look surprised that she has Magnus, too. Why?

Guest theinfamouskat

Reina shuddered. He's... What? Kind? Gentle? Not of her caliber, let alone persuasion?

Her memories of the Prison Block were few--buried deep--but she remembered the man who'd give her water against Kamroff's specific `order`s. He'd touched her face and given her a healing spell. And for Chayka to...

She felt ill again. It just... seems out of his character.

Really? the girl asked, looking confused. Is it because he?s a kind soul? The hint of a smile danced over her face. But she had Cassius as well. Though perhaps he doesn?t quite count.

OOC: This won't end well.

Guest theinfamouskat

Reina gaped at her. Ca... She pressed the back of her hand to her mouth. V... oh, Iris, wh... when?

Soren gave him to her. The girl?s voice was quiet and sad, though there was a disturbing note of satisfaction, barely at the edge of her thoughts, almost quiet enough to be mistaken. Him and Elizabeth. She had him in the prisons, against his will. He agreed to try and save Elizabeth?though he regretted that after the first time.

She began to walk again, looking around as they went. So those were the wounds you dismissed as nothing to his healer. What she did to him. Clawed him. Bit him. Raped him. Over and over and over. She thinks his blood is very sweet, and his mouth very talented. The girl looked thoughtful, peering into the darkness. She said he tried to bite her once, so she bit him back. Then she bit Elizabeth. He didn?t try it again.

He loved her, you know. Elizabeth. She used that well. Chayka was impressed on how well she used his gentle nature. Even after he found out how she really felt about him, he still tried to save her.

Guest theinfamouskat

Reina came to a complete stop, pressing both hands to her cheeks. W-we need to stop f-for a moment, I... She felt like the walls were closing in on her despite the fact that they were in a vast wasteland. It felt small and suffocating, like she was in a prison. Again. I n-need to sit down, or... something, I...

The little girl suddenly winced, grabbing her head. She glanced around again, and then nodded. Yeah. You do. Stay right there. Don?t move. I have to?go do something.

No ? wait! D-don?t leave! What if that thing c-comes back?

It won?t. Something happened to Chayka. We all have to?just don?t move, okay? You?ll only run into some souls until I come back. I-if Rakasha comes, fight her, okay? And don?t worry. The child gave her a grin. I think you?re stronger than her. It?ll make it interesting, anyway. And that?s good.

She turned and ran off into the darkness. I?ll be right back! Don?t go anywhere!

Guest theinfamouskat

Reina sat in the darkness shivering. Her stomach kept turning, one way then the other, bent diagonals until she shut her eyes and held her head. She felt sorry for Venos. And she hated herself for it. The man was a monster. Just like Chayka. Just like the Sultana. Just like--

Myself.

No, that wasn't true. She'd done what she needed to, and if her body helped accomplish that then--

She had him in the prisons, against his will. He agreed to try and save Elizabeth?

It was familiar. Almost similar to what she'd done to try and get back home to--

It's not the same.

It was exactly the same. Venos and Chayka, she and Kamroff, they--

Reina heard the gravel shift and was on her feet almost instantly. She pushed the swooning of her head to the back of her thoughts and surveyed the empty darkness. Hello?

Guest theinfamouskat

Reina took a step backward and stared at the child. It was a little boy. He played with the front of his tunic, staring up at her from where he stood.

Reina swallowed hard. Hello there, she murmured.

He tilted his head to the side, still studying her. His mouth formed the shape of the words, mimicking her, but no sound came out. With a few more unsteady steps, he held up a pair of chubby little arms to her. When she made no movement in reply, he bounced a couple of times and then lost his balance, falling back in a small cloud of dust.

The tiny round face twisted in annoyance and his arms went up again.

OOC: At least a 30% chance the cuteness won't bite her face off. :cthulhu_smiley:

Guest theinfamouskat

OOC: :laughing2dw: *winknudgewink*

Reina frowned and, somewhat nervously, reached down and picked up the child. She balanced him on her hip, watching his eyes as he began toying with a jewel at the front of her bodice. She smirked and moved her fingers to intercept his and he gripped her finger instead. His green eyes turned on her and she was grateful to realize this was not one of Chayka's minds.

It wasn't much better to realize it was a body she'd possessed at one time. It made her feel a little ill. But it was the only other thing it could be, wasn't it? She rocked the child gently and felt a little hollow tug at her stomach. What's your name, little one?

Her finger went into his mouth, and he merely continued to stare as he chewed thoughtfully. Suddenly, he rested his head on her shoulder and nuzzled his face into her neck.

Guest theinfamouskat

Reina felt her eyes go glassy and shifted her grip on the little boy. She carefully sat back down on the ground and gathered the child in her lap, rocking him gently as he occassionally tried to bury his face in her neck. She felt a sharp pang of loneliness and emptiness and gathered the child a little closer.

Looking up, the boy patted her face and made a soft cooing noise that Reina could only assume was meant to comfort her.

I?m back! The little girl came running up, waving her arms. That didn?t take so long, did it? And you?re still safe! And ? she came to a screeching halt and stared at the little boy.

The boy stared back, eyes wide, and suddenly burst into tears.

Guest theinfamouskat

Reina stood, still holding the child as he cried. She stared at the girl. Wh-what happened? she asked. Wh... She watched the girl for a moment and gathered the child closer to her. Wh-why are you looking at him like that?

Rogue soul. The girl said finally. They?re rare. I was?a little worried that Trick had found you before I did, but I guess not. That?s?good. She nodded at the darkness. C?mon. Let?s keep going.

Reina stood, still hugging the child, and the girl frowned. You?re not?taking him with us, are you? Two unclaimed souls with draw more minds.

Guest theinfamouskat

Reina frowned at the girl and shifted her grip on the child. But... he's so small. He'd never be able t... She looked at the little boy absently playing with one of her curls, and she swallowed hard. She looked back at the little girl, clutching the child to her. Can't we fight them off? I-I... it's wrong just to leave him here, isn't it?

Survival isn’t wrong, the girl grumbled. Fine. Bring him if you must. I suppose it’ll give you a reason to not give up. But if you get out, you’ll have to leave him behind, you know. He won't have a body anymore. He’s probably long dead. That'll be sad, won't it?

Guest theinfamouskat

Reina pushed the boy's dark hair from his eyes. Do you remember him? This one?

The girl gave him a dismissive look. Of course not, she snapped, her voice suddenly sounding much older. I don?t gather souls, and the ones who do hardly remember half of the ones they have. I can?t be expected to remember a rogue. I guess you could ask the Sages ? the rogues tend to end up near them, after all. Since they?re more or less rogues themselves. Look, if he?s gone unclaimed this long, he?s either very good and his appearance is a mask, or he?s very weak and no one cares.

She took a step closer to examine the child, who whimpered at her. Be silent, she commanded. I?ve no reason to touch you. ?yes. Yes, this is a full soul, not a child she killed, or a memory of a past son.

Guest theinfamouskat

Reina frowned, still holding the child tightly as he whined and buried his head in her shoulder. But... what does that mean? How did he get here?

The same way all the other souls came here, stupid. The same way you came here. The girl waved her hand dismissively, but her brow was creased. Chayka ate him. He must not have lived very long after that ? he?he doesn?t have much in the way of memories. He?s too young to have any real ones of his own, but he doesn?t seem to have any of Chayka?s either. Perhaps he was a son of hers. It wouldn?t be the first time she and a child of hers have been killed by a lover of hers.

Guest theinfamouskat

Reina shifted and turned so that she stood between the little girl and the boy. Aja? Is that what you mean?

Sign in to follow this