• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
Amadaun

Ashlands

"Oh - no! No, it's not. Not really. I suppose it could be if they really wanted it to, but it's not going to suddenly start walking around for no reason." Temvi pursed her lips. "Wish I could get a look at those spells they used, though...that would be awfully fun."

"Uh-huh," said Lethe faintly, with another wide-eyed look around their surroundings, "fun. Sure." Her lips twitched suddenly. "Granted, I think skycabs are fun, so...yeah. So once we get to this city, we're...teleporting, right? How does that work?"

OOC: *idea bulb*

OOC: Uh-oh.

Pulling a face, Temvi said, "It's through the Mages Guild, so it's a little different from the spells we use. The basic idea is the same, though. The mage casts a spell on you that sends you to another, predetermined place. It can be a little disorienting the first few times. You didn't see me cast my recall spells, did you?"

OOC: Squeee...Inn...Squee!

OOC: So...let's see...until Chick comes back we can do not-Vilandon and Tamina, and...something with Aradhel being asleep and in Chayka's head? Perhaps with q21? :db1: What else?

"Yeeeeaaaah...I think I slept through that. Unsurprisingly. Missed all the excitement."

Edited by Morrigain

OOC: I've got that one character I never actually brought into the Inn, and you've got a couple airship crews down there, too. *starts thinking of possible new characters*

"Well..." Temvi started to lift her hand, then stopped mid-gesture, looking down at the sleeping infant. "Oh. Um...maybe we should take the Silt Strider after all."

"Yeah." Temvi ran a finger through the downy black hair, eyes softening. "We can ask." With a slow breath, she started back down the path. "All right. The city is about a twenty minute walk this way."

"Okay." Lethe chewed on her lip. "I'd suggest playing "I spy," but I don't know the names of anything here." She dared another furtive glance at the sky and did a double take, pointing. "What's that? Some kind of giant...bird?"

OOC: :lmao:

Temvi's head snapped up. "Giant - oh, guarshit. Once, just once, I want to be able to go somewhere without those damn things showing up." Her hand began to glow as she glared up at the silhouette. "Come on down here, you squawking bastard! I know you want to!"

"Think of that that thing as a giant, lizardy pigeon. With a barbed tail, sharp beak, and a foul temper. Usually carries some kind of disease, too, since they like eating carrion. If it starts following us, it won't stop until we kill it." Sparks crackled between her fingertips. "They're called cliffracers."

Temvi chuckled, still looking up. "Oh, those are only a couple feet long. You can tame them, actually. I've seen a man who trained a few to carry things. It's actually rather adorable."

"Your rats are a couple feet long," Jin repeated dubiously. "Only a couple feet long. Your normal rats."

"Have I mentioned that she lives in a mushroom?" Lethe murmured.

Sign in to follow this