• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
Amadaun

Ashlands

It seems.. we're in such... a dreary... little place... Master.. Atkavir whispered into his mind, Rilan nodded faintly in agreement.

"Yes.. it is quite drab.. isn't it? Though, this is supposed to be my homeland.." he responded outloud to the bow, eyes flicking to Callista and Anduin at his belt, they'd been quiet most of the trip, despite having ate well in the passed several days, it worried him a little. Usually they were bickering alot.. maybe they were sleeping? If they were.. he didn't want to bother them. He knew Anduin got cranky without a nap once a day, and Callista.. well, his little girl needed her beauty rest.

"But.. you know why we're here, Atkavir.." he chuckled faintly at the rhyme, "The Listener has a particularly special contract for us to perform.."

Not..another accidental killing, or...false death.. contract again.. You know... how much.. I dislike them.. Atkavir moaned, his voice echoing through the dunmer's skull like all the others.

"No no no.. of course not..Though, I'm sure Lord Sheogorath finds them absolutely hilarious..." Rilan chuckled again, shaking his head. "But no.. it's special.. how to put it.. There's some sort of nobleman feud or some such...Hlaalus, I think. And we were hired to.. put an end to that feud.. discretely."

Is it children? You.. know I love.. watching the look on their faces... it fills me.. with glee... Atkavir purred, at that.

"Perhaps.. I'm supposed to meet up with someone.. and they'll point me in the right direction.." he dismounted his horse, tethering the beast to a post just a little ways outside the city, glancing up to gauge the weather some. Lucky for him, it was overcast, no sun, no burn. That suited him well.

Pulling his hood up, he adjusted his cloak slightly, dusting off some trace ash from the storm they rode through hours earlier, and made his way into Ald'Ruhn, slipping around the scarce populace. He'd not even noticed the approaching group, not yet, anyway.

OOC: Oh how I missed Atkavir, and Rilan. XD

Edited by Onasaki

"Exactly." Temvi slipped her arm around Lethe and started leading her down towards the city gates. "It's kind of fun getting back at you. At least you're not going to end up with a crick in your neck. Holding up all right, Jin?"

OOC:

he dismounted his horse, tethering the beast to a post just a little ways outside the city

Horses in Morrowind. Hoo boy. :blink:

"Surprisingly so. For the moment."

OOC: :blink:

"Good." The infant shifted in the sling as Temvi checked her, but didn't wake up. "It seems we're all good - oh! One last thing." With a positively wicked grin, she led them past a tall man with two swords and pointed. "That's a Silt Strider."

OOC: *snicker*

"Aw...but it's so much fun. Racing along across the land, outrunning anything that might catch you...oh, and you wanted to know about the guar? That's a guar, tied up right over there by that inn." Beckoning, she led them over. The large lizard - about her height - sniffed her curiously as they approached, turning its head to look at her out of one eye and then the other. Apparently satisfied that she offered no threat to the pack fastened to its back, it let out a purr and butted her gently in the shoulder before turning to Lethe.

OOC: :D

"It's okay, they hardly ever bite, and never if they like you. And it doesn't hurt when they do. Show her your teeth, girl...that's right..." The guar curled back its top lip, revealing dull, rounded teeth, then purred again, looking for approval for its trick. "They're herbivores. Rub her right between the eyes - they like that."

OOC: This is either adorable or hilarious. I can't decide which.

Carefully, Lethe touched her fingertips between the guar's eyes and jumped when it butted up against her hand. It gave a rumbling purr as she started to skritch. "Back home, the only lizards this big are the ones you can ride that eat people," she said in a wondering voice.

"At any rate.. let us go." Rilan stated, moving off towards the inn's entrance; where he spotted Lethe and company, quirking his brows some, seeing noone else at the time.

"Sanguine, dearest family members..." Rilan said, adjusting his hood, his red eyes seeming to glow with the faintest light, like a cat in the dark. "I assume you have what We've come for, yes?" he asks, crossing his arms. Though he does take a slight glance towards the guar a moment, before looking back towards the group.

"Though.. I must say, your civilian clothes could fool anyone..."

OOC: This is just going to get more hilarious. :D

Edited by Onasaki

"What am I talking about?" Rilan asked, blinking his eyes a few times, staring for a long moment. Then he laughs, "Oh. Right. Public. Let us go inside, shall we? I do hate prying eyes, and Atkavir gets twitchy when there's too much down time."

Twitchy...master? I'm... a voice... in your... head.. I hardly... get..twitchy... Atkavir commented, irritably in this head.

"That's neither here, nor there right now, Atkavir. We're on a contract, besides you do too get twitchy when we're not killing something." he muttered, outloud to the invisible voice, though looked back towards the group.

"Now, come, come. The Lord waits for noone. I need this information."

Edited by Onasaki

"Riiight." Turning back to Lethe, she jabbed a thumb at the man. "This is the sort of kind of crazy I mentioned - he certainly looks old enough to have gone a little off in the head. I think we'd best head in another direction."

The baby chose that moment to wake up with a squawk.

OOC: :D

"Now don't be like that.. What do you want me to say? That we share the same Mother, you and I? That Sithis watches me, as he does you?" Rilan asked, seeming quite annoyed now, as he pulls down his hood to reveal his fairly gaunt features, his eyes a mixture of red and orange with diamond shaped pupils.

"And who brings a damned infant to a meeting like this? I mean, sure, if it helps keep your cover but it's not really that appropriate.."

...Are you... sure this... is who... we're to meet... Master? Atkavir whispered.

"Of course I'm sure.. do you see anyone else?" Rilan asked, glaring backwards towards his bow a moment. "It's not like I was given a description, it's usually not that hard to pick out informants.."

Temvi took a very quick step back, putting herself between the man and Lethe, both hands now glowing, as she gasped out, "You're a vampire! And Dark Brotherhood to boot! Back the hell off before I fry your ass!"

OOC: Oooh...sudden escape route plaaaaans.

"Oh, and that's a problem?" Rilan asked, narrowing his eyes now; dropping a hand to Callista. "All this was, was a simple contract, and now you have to go and ruin it by acting all surprised.."

And...here you... were so... sure...Hahahaha... This is...going to be... fun.. Atkavir laughed.

"This is why I hate coming to different provinces.." The elf muttered, eyes drifting to Callista. "Wakey.. wakey my dearest little girl.. It's time to eat."

There's a faint pause. "Don't complain, child. You and your brother have been sleeping this whole time..Had me worried."

Suddenly he vanished into the air, invisible.

OOC: Also, as a note, I think I'm going to have this fight end with the actual informant holding a knife to someone's neck. I hope that's okay.

Edited by Onasaki

OOC: Do you mind if Temvi kills the informant? :D (Of course, that'll probably piss off RIlan to no end...oooh, fun story...)

Temvi swore, grabbed Jin and Lethe's hands, and cast Almsivi Intervention, praying that the baby would be all right.

When they reappeared a few hundred yards away, and the now-familiar weight of the baby was still there (and still squawking) Temvi yanked off the sling and her pack and pushed the baby into Lethe's arms. "Go into the Temple there," she whispered urgently. "Tell them you're seeking sanctuary from a vampire. They're too damn honorable here to do anything but send guards, even to help a Telvanni. Go."

Planting a quick kiss on the stunned changeling, she turned and ran back towards the gate, hoping that she'd get outside of the city before she had to start slinging spells.

Sign in to follow this