• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
Guest theinfamouskat

Circus

Guest theinfamouskat

“The hell have you been?” Carean hissed the moment the flap of the acrobat's tent rustled open.

“Out,” Grayson responded breathlessly. “Where's Nis?”

“We have only a handful of days before we perform in the capitol of this realm,” Carean snapped, her voice still a whisper. “Two regular routines, one new, and Niskat wants to perform her solo—and it still needs work! And you're off gallivanting around instead of getting a good nights sleep so we can—”

“Yes, yes, very good, I'm happy for you,” Grayson was mumbling. “Where's Niskat?”

Carean's eyes narrowed dangerously as she stepped in front of the entrance to the room she and the girl shared. “She's asleep.”

“Well,” Grayson hissed, holding his arms out then letting them drop to his side with a slap, “Horace sent me to fetch her, so I have to fetch.”

Carean stepped toward him, their chests nearly touching. “Tell Horace to bugger off, she's asleep.”

“No, I'm not!” the little voice inside chirped.

“Niskat, go back to bed!” Carean snapped. “Nis—”

“Hey!” Grayson chuckled as the little elven girl bundled up in white smacked into his legs, hugging him tightly, he scooped her up, spinning her around. “How's my dalen?”

“So good!” she said. “First we practiced cartwheels, then handstands—I went for a whole two minutes today—”

Grayson looked at a still-irritable Carean mouthing in full exaggeration, 'two minutes!'

“—and then I did ten backflips on the grass, and twenty backflips on the black-net without a harness—!”

“But with the safety netting around the outside,” Carean said, the barest of smirks on her lips. “Didn't want her breaking her neck.”

Grayson gave her a scrutinizing once over before holding her out in front of him, hands under her arms. “All in one piece, then?”

Niskat nodded emphatically. “Yup!”

“Good,” Grayson laughed setting her down on the ground. “Because the boss wants to see you.”

Niskat's eyes went huge as Grayson squatted in front of her. “Me?”

“What for?” Carean asked, looking wary.

Grayson barely glanced up at her. “He wouldn't tell me,” he murmured, suddenly sober. His voice brightened again as he looked at Niskat. “But I'm sure its very important, so...” He clapped his hands. “Go get your duds, and meet me in ten, dalen.

Niskat all but sneered. “Bet I can do it in five.”

“Get,” Grayson said, swatting her behind as she ran of to her room. He crouched on the ground for a moment before looking up at Carean. He gave her a tired smirk. “Can't sleep again?”

She shrugged, both arms folded across her chest as she stared at the floor. After a moment, she looked at him. “Want a cup of tea? Just put on a pot.”

He shook his head. “Better not. You know how Horace gets.”

Carean shifted. “He say what he wanted?”

Grayson shook his head. “Nope. Not a damn word.”

“I hate him,” Carean said quietly.

“We all do,” Grayson mumbled. “To a point...” He sighed. “But... he's the man. And what we want—”

“Horace will get,” Carean finished with a rueful smirk. “I know, I know.” She shrugged. “Sorry I raised my voice.”

He shrugged back at her. “Sorry I made you worry.”

She sat rocking herself back and forth a moment before clearing her throat. “Gray, listen... when you get back, can we have a moment? There was something I wanted to t—”

“Ready!” Niskat said, jumping into the room, hands over her head. “Time?”

“Six minutes,” Grayson said with a smirk.

Niskat's whole face crumpled. “Bullshit! That was, like, three! At most!”

Grayson gave a one-shouldered shrug. “I know.”

Niskat punched at his ribs. “Ass.”

Grayson barely blocked the blow with a chuckle. “Come on, spitfire, let's go.” He hesitated in the doorway. “Oh, what was it you wanted to ask me, Carrie?”

The girl tried an awkward smile. “N... nothing. Just... be safe, alright?”

Grayson nodded. “Always.”

Her expression hardened. “And... and if anything happens to her, I'll rip your balls off.”

Grayson's eyebrows went up. He glanced at Niskat. “Well, that's incentive. Come on, kid, let's go before Horace gets moody.”

“I thought you said he was always moody.”

“I did. I meant more moody.”

OOC: Would also like to point out casting for Niskat is changing to Chloe Moretz. Why? This is fucking why.

FUCK. YES. This little girl IS NISKAT. BAH. EPIC MOVIE OF EPIC WIN.

Guest theinfamouskat

Grayson led Cla'nee through the maze of brightly colored tents and paper lanterns. Some of the circus members were busy practicing last minute routines. A dwarf was mixing powers and tossing them experimentally on the fire, changing colors at each toss. Grayson smirked at her over his shoulder. He tapped under his jaw. "Might wanna..." Another tap and a smirk. "You're going to start collecting flies."

Guest theinfamouskat

Mid-word, Grayson snatched Cla'nee by the collar of her tuunic and pulled her out of reach of a sudden bolt of violet-colored lightning. "Oi! Watch where you're breathing!"

"Watch where she's walking!" the man countered, but turned away anyway and continued, this time exhaling a long line of neon-green lightning.

Grayson gave a shrug, continuing as thought nothing had happened. "You get used to it after a while. Gets to be normal. How you lot live, now that's crazy. Houses, staying in the same place for years and years until you die. Couldn't pay me to do that."

"Oh, it gets worse," Cla'nee muttered, still staring. "I've spent almost half of the last five years underground, and the other half in a vampire's castle."

Guest theinfamouskat

"Vampires, nice people them," Grayson smiled. "We got a whole lot of them. Keep camp to themselves a good stone's throw from the Terrasapien's area. Better if they're by rock-people than meat-people," he beamed. They came to a tent that was made up of what seemed to be several old tapestries, all depicting epic scenes, though the detail had been worn away over time. He nodded. "This is it... Theresa's tent." He reached out and pulled back the flap. The inside was dimly light and smelled strongly of foreign oils and incense. He motioned. "You first."

Somewhat nervously, the girl walked in, blinking to try and get her eyes to adjust. She stifled a sneeze in the crook of her arm, then whispered, "H-Hello?"

Guest theinfamouskat

There was a rattle of a beaded curtain. A woman in a tattered red dress entered. The hood was up, hiding her face from the young girl, but her voice was soothing. "Grayson," she said as the tent fluttered shut behind him. "To what do I owe the visit?"

"I have a friend who wanted to see you," He said, shoving his hands into his pockets.

"A friend in your eyes, perhaps, but not in hers," the woman said, moving slowly, walking on the ground as though floating; or perhaps as though the ground were not quite there. "You are an unproven thing, Grayson, dangerous. And yet she follows you." The lips on the figure turned to a smile. "You are brave, child, considering your past. What are you called?"

"Cla'nee," the girl said, voice shaking. Wouldn't call it brave. Stupid if I didn't know I could kick his ass. After a moment, her jaw went stubborn and she added, "Cla'nee Dralor."

Guest theinfamouskat

Another smile. "Not yet, I think." She sat at a table, brushing her skirt from under her. "And why are you here, Cla'nee?"

Guest theinfamouskat

"And here you are," Theresa murmured, picking up a deck of cards. "You must be quite desperate indeed to put so much trust into one you don't know." She began shuffling her cards. "But then I suppose it isn't that unusual. You hardly knew him when you were a child, and now you are to be married."

Guest theinfamouskat

Theresa continued shuffling her cards. "I see a house filled with women selling their bodies to men. I see the man who follows you even now, one untouched by death. I see a child in the earth. I see a father and family of death, and one of great nobility. Not one of the family, but more highly regarded than they... and I see the ginger cat who followed you home one day." She fanned the cards out in front of her, lifting her head enough so that for the first time Cla'nee could see her pale sightless eyes. She smiled. "But you did not come here to ask me questions about the past, did you?"

Guest theinfamouskat

Theresa smirked. "If you like."

Guest theinfamouskat

Theresa sighed. "You wish me to answer a question with no answer. If you had not had a past life, it does not mean you are less susceptible to the emotions or feelings of those who've gone on before. If you had, well... it is certainly no longer the life you are living. Hence the reason it is called a past life."

Guest theinfamouskat

"No more than you allow him to."

Guest theinfamouskat

Theresa smirked again under her hood. "Better than most would like." She motioned. "Draw your cards. As many as you like or as few." She gestured with her hand. "Feel for the energy."

OOC: Either she can draw and you can state the image on the card, or Theresa will flip them over and do the whole thing. :biggrin: Whatever you like.

Sign in to follow this