• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
Guest theinfamouskat

Circus

The girl blinked at her.  Her gaze flicked from where Venos still lay asleep, to the concerned look on Kardin's face, and back to Aradhel.  "...okay.  Talk."

Cla'nee glanced down at where Venos lay, then nodded.  "Outside?  Or...um...I know where the storage tent is.  We can go there.  It's quiet."  Her face darkened a bit.  "And Horace won't get all upset that I talked to someone."

OOC:  Unspoken reason:  "And there's BALLOONS."

Cla'nee pulled the flap of the dimly-lit tent aside.  "Here," she said simply.  "We probably shouldn't touch anything, but we can sit on the crates."  She did as she said, pulling the bathrobe she wore a bit tighter around herself and eyeing Aradhel coldly.  "What did you want to talk about?  If you're trying to convince me not to go to the prisons, you're out of luck."

"No, I think it's important you go to the prisons." Aradhel paced back and forth, hands shoved deep into her pockets. There was a ringing in her ears. "Look. I-if we're doing this you need to trust me. You don't."

"Of course I don't!  E-Everything you've done - "  She broke off and shook her head.  "Dammit, Aradhel.  Before we talk, p-put all your knives down.  Because I'm not ending up with more wounds because you don't like what I say."

Cla'nee pointed at the fluffy pink bathrobe.  "I don't have any.  Where would I keep them on this thing?"  She held her arms over her head to show she wasn't wearing her wrist blade.  "They're all back with my real clothes."

OOC:  I can't remember why she's wearing that...other than personal amusement.  Must look it up.  :rofl:

"And I can still snap your neck without these, if I wanted to." She leaned on the crate and closed her eyes a moment. "You have this stupid idea that I'm out to get your little 'family.' It needs to stop."

OOC: I have only the vaguest idea of where this is going, but I know it's not going anywhere good. :D

OOC:  Yay!

"Gosh, I don't know why I'd think that.  Are there any of us you haven't threatened or drawn blood on yet?  I'm not stupid, Aradhel.  I know that you're loyal to the Brotherhood above everything else.  If they told you to turn us in, you'd lead Moriva right to our door - or bring our heads to him."

Cla'nee stood, fists clenched at her side.  "If you lay one finger on them, or if I hear that you've even been seen in Anvil, I'll get you re-assigned to Black Marsh!"

"Good for you," she said in a flat voice. "Look. I'm going to the prisons to -" she twitched " - keep an eye on you, and that's not going to work if you think I'm about to stab one of your little friends in the back!"

"Just go back to Bruma.  You're the least connected to all this.  No one knows your name or face or anything.  Why do you have to come along and risk yourself, anyway?"

Sign in to follow this