• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
Guest theinfamouskat

Circus

Shit!

Cla'nee threw herself backwards, using the water to help her slide and praying she wasn't about to go feet-first into a rack of costumes or something even more painful.  She managed to kick at Aradhel's knee as she went past, not even noticing if she connected or not.

Scrambling to her feet again, a safe distance away, she yelled, "What the hell is wrong with you?!"

Aradhel heard the words as if from far away, muffled under the roaring between her ears. She stumbled, resting her weight on the leg Cla'nee hadn't kicked and cursing under her breath. Cla'nee tended to move with the direction of her attacker, so -

She lunged at her again and twisted at the last instant, free hand grabbing for her shoulder or hair. She needed to bring her down.

"Aradhel!"

Oh Gods.  Oh Gods, Aradhel was trying to kill her.  Really kill her.  Her mind raced and she scrambled away from the grasping hand.  Don't grab me, don't grab me, don't grab me-

OOC: ...No? It does involve a metric ton of characters tho. :lol:

"I'm not trying to kill you," said Aadhel flatly, watching for her next move. She just - needed her off-balance, needed her down, needed to talk to her -

"You went for my throat!"  Cla'nne snapped, taking a step back.  She could grab a second knife if she let Aradhel push her far enough...  "That's not disarming!"

Cla'nee's eyes narrowed.  Very deliberately, she shifted to a new stance, just barely on the balls of her feet, the muscles of her legs tensing in anticipation.  "I might kill you," she said softly.

Is she trying to goad me into killing her?  So she can claim self-defense when she stabs me in the back?  Cla'nee swallowed hard, coming to a decision.  Aradhel was no different than any of the contracts the girl had chosen to take.  She was just like the rest of them.  So it was okay to fight her for real.  If Aradhel died, then there would be one less threat to her family.  If she lived, then maybe she'd think twice about coming after anyone Cla'nee cared about.

Taking another step back, she feigned a frightened glance at the tentflap as though she might run.  Another step...another...

...and then, moving faster than she thought she could have, she dove for the other knives, grabbing the first hilt she could get her fingers around, roll, twist, and lunge.

Shit, she's fast!

Aradhel dove after her, twisting so that the knife opened a stinging cut on her upper arm rather than plunging into her chest. She barely noticed. She grabbed the girl by the shoulder and threw her down, unsteadily, slamming a hand into her wrist to hopefully get her to drop the knife.

"Gnk!"  Her bad wrist exploded into sparks of pain and she bit back the surge of nausea as the knife she'd just grabbed slid away from her.  Not Arden, not Arden...legs.  Use your legs.  Get her off, get her off now-

Ignoring the ache from her bruises, she swung one leg up and around and kicked Aradhel in the arm she'd just cut, aiming for the splash of red.

Pain burst in her vision and that hand's grip went limp. Aradhel grit her teeth to keep from screaming as she tried to shove Cla'nee back down with her body to compensate. "Not going to kill you," she panted, "I just want to - talk -"

"Nng -" The Bosmer shifted her weight so she could hold Cla'nee down with her entire frame. Hopefully she'd stop fucking fighting. The cut on her left arm stung and - quickly - she moved that had to cover Cla'nee's mouth. Just for the moment. "I would like," she managed, voice startlingly even, "to make a deal."

OOC: BACK TO THE FALLOUT SHELTER

"Shit!" Aradhel jerked her hand away. "I won't hurt your family or Vani's children or anyone," she snapped, "You'll never see me again, I'll swear by whatever you ask -"

"You," Aradhel repeated quietly, her hand on Cla'nee's shoulder tugging at her robe just a little.

OOC: I'm debating how much of this she's going to remember later.  :devil3:  *toddles off to stare at Interior again*

Aradhel stared at her. "I won't hurt your family, I'll leave right away, I'll help keep the Brotherhood off your back - that's all you want, right? Your family, safe?"

Sign in to follow this