• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
Guest theinfamouskat

Circus

Guest theinfamouskat

OOC: Hey! There's a ginger crazy man wearing an inkblot in my Inn!! How strange!

OOC: Ooh...decisions, decisions...let's let Teresa do it.

Cla'nee hesitated, then reached out and tapped a single card. "Just...just one at first. I want to see what happens before I choose more."

Guest theinfamouskat

Theresa tapped a finger on the card. "This card, as it is the first, will be the focus of the remainder of your reading." She gestured with a hand at the other cards. "By focus, I mean the remainder of the reading is entirely translated by means of this card. Are you certain of your choice?"

Cla'nee stared at the woman a long moment, clutching her hands together in her lap and nodding.

With a single, fluid movement, Theresa turned the card over. It was ornately illustrated, a small brick road that divided into two directions. One direction was a green, verdant path covered in bright flowers. The other was snowy and dark, the trees all gnarled and bare against a grey sky.

"You've drawn The Choice," Theresa said. "There is path before you, and although you know which one you must take, you find yourself questioning it at all times." Her hand hesitated over the card a moment. She pressed a fingertip to the card again, looking up. "And you are not one who is accustomed to making decisions. All your life, your choices have been made for you. In your home, in the house of women, by the dark family, even by your beloved count."

"He's not my Count," the girl protested. "And he's certainly not 'beloved.' And I've made plenty of decisions on my own. Most of the ones in the past just...didn't turn out well. Or weren't about me, just the Brotherhood. Or..." Her mouth trembled. "But...I decided to marry Cass. I decided to wait until we were married. I-I decided to become part of Vilandon's family and I decided to have that surgery..."

Her mouth snapped shut and her eyes widened, one hand shifting to rest on her stomach, over her scar, as she stared at the card. "Oh. That decision."

Guest theinfamouskat

"One of many," Theresa said. She smiled. "Choose another card."

Guest theinfamouskat

Theresa flipped over the first card. It was a man on a unicycle juggling skulls. "The fool," Theresa said. "Though it may not imply what you think it does. It may or may not be concerning you. It may be a reflection on the path; a fool's errand, as they say. But sometimes hope can be mistaken for foolishness. And sometimes fools can be mistaken for heroes."

Guest theinfamouskat

Theresa turned over the card. "The Tower," she said, tracing the edge. The picture was a tree, gnarled and blackened with age. From a great branch, a body hung by it's neck, the blood dripping onto the other branches below, giving the tree a red sheen. Even on the paper, it seemed to glisten wetly. The woman's face was expressionless, but her hand twitched slightly and she pulled it away from the card. "Your world... it is dying. Often when such a card is drawn, the reader does not yet realize the tower is falling. But you are aware. All too aware. It is crumbling around you and you are helpless to stop it."

Guest theinfamouskat

OOC: GAH. FUCK MY JOB. They just called. I wasn't on the schedule, but NOW I AM??? BAH. FUCKING BAH. Back in a bit. post on the phone, maybe.

Guest theinfamouskat

Theresa took a deep breath. "To fight is the option you have already chosen... but as for how successful that may be..." She shook her head. "Draw another card... perhaps the answers will come."

Cla'nee stared at the cards for a long time, frowning. So far, she hadn't gotten any good answers. Swallowing, she touched the card at the very edge.

Guest theinfamouskat

Theresa turned the card over. It was a throne, complete with gold filigree and inlaid precious stones. Theresa's eyebrows went up, despite her eyes being sightless. "It is the Emperor."

The girl's stomach dropped clear to her feet. "Does...d-does that mean Moriva's going to win? That he's going to be emperor no matter what we do?"

Guest theinfamouskat

Theresa's sightless eyes whipped up to the girl. "Soren Moriva?"

OOC: :biggrin:

Guest theinfamouskat

Behind her, Grayson raised his hands. "I don't know anyone by that name, honest!"

"That is because he has taken many names, and so few are known to all," Theresa said quietly. "What know you of this man?"

"He's the Grand Executioner in my world, he's a lich, and he's the most powerful sorcerer I've ever heard of." Cla'nee looked off to the side. "Actually, I've...I've never encountered him. Cass used to work for him, and..." She swallowed. "Well, he's not working for him anymore."

Guest theinfamouskat

Theresa shook her head. "Strange. Aleksaundr never worked with companions. Too risky. It may be a different man..."

"Because 'Soren Aleksaundr Moriva' is a terribly common name among liches," the girl grumbled. "Look, I'll tell you what I told Grayson. The man is brilliant, talented, terrifying, Gods-blessed handsome, and more than willing to seduce any female that gets within arm's reach. He looks like he's about late thirties, early forties, black hair, black eyes, pale as marble. I've only seen him from a distance, but once you've seen him, you know him."

Guest theinfamouskat

Theresa drummed her fingers on the table. "And he seeks a seat of power in your realm?"

"He's seeking the throne. The place is falling apart, and for some reason, he wants to take over." Her throat worked. "And I don't want him or that...that thing of his in my home."

Guest theinfamouskat

"And where is home?"

"Um, here," Grayson piped up again. "Cyrodiil, that is, not the cirque."

Theresa smiled wearily. "Thank you, Grayson, for that clarification." She sighed and spent a moment toying with the card. "The Emperor is a symbol of encouragement. It is a reminder to never second guess one's self, and to move forward with confidence." Theresa smiled. "You are in control of your own life, Cla'nee. Even though at times it feels as though there is nothing under your power, there is great power in you. Know which battles can be fought, and know when to retreat to find better ground. Small retreats can be regained later, whereas falling it battle ends the successes entirely." Her face grew serious. "But... be careful."

"Why?" Cla'nee asked.

Theresa slid her the card. "You may not see it... but there is a shadow at the side of the Emperor." She traced an empty space on the card. "Here... and it is smiling. It is watching you, Cla'nee. This shade which has pursued you and your family. If you do not find solid ground, and soon, the shade and your own despair will consume you."

Sign in to follow this