• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
Amadaun

Propaganda

Guest theinfamouskat

OOC: Sex on the rooftop. Jussayin'. :laughing2dw:

Guest q21

"Okay," Lissa agreed turning back toward his cell. "I'll input only sight and sound. Anything you feel, smell or taste is just your mind filling in the blanks."

"Alright," Claes said resolutely. "Show me."

By the time Lissa reached his cell the bars had seemingly melted away and she continued to walk. She stopped just the barest breath away from him where, for a moment, she simply stood staring lazily into his eyes. She reached up to cup his face then trailed her hands down his neck, across his shoulders and down his chest. All the while her eyes never leaving his, her fingers barely caressing him. She leaned closed, lips slightly parted and kneed him in the crotch.

A highly undignified squeal accompanied Claes collapsing into a ball of agony on the ground. He looked up at her, tears leaking out of the corners of his eyes to find the cell bars were back in place, Lissa on the outside. He was, without moving a muscle, standing again the pain fading so quickly he wasn't sure he'd felt it at all.

"I thought I said 'so long as I don't feel anything," Claes snapped at her.

"Can't hold me responsible for what your mind put there, I did warn you."

"I did not make myself-"

"Not intentionally, no,' Lissa agreed. "But the subconscious is a powerful thing. No matter how much you 'knew' none of that was real it saw you get kneed in the groin and responded how it saw fit. If it's any consolation, it would have hurt more had someone actually kneed you down there - there's only so much your own mind can fake."

"Lovely, I look forward to it happening for real," Claes deadpanned.

"Liar," Lissa quipped back. "But if you insist I could arrange-"

Lissa was cut of by the sound of the cell block door opening. She spun, expecting to see one of her colleagues finally arriving for work. Her mouth opened, an acidic remark on the tip of her tongue ready to be released on whoever walked through the door. The remark died in her mouth at the sight of Chayka sweeping through the doorway, dressed in a blue, figure hugging, silk gown. She ran a finger along the cells bars as she waltzed down the row, humming something inane to herself.

"Chayka... what," Lissa swallowed. "What are you doing here?"

"Well, Magnus and Moriva are busy - something about having actual inquisitorial work to do," Chayka wrapped a strand of hair around her finger seductively. "And Nicolai really is such a bore, so..."

"So?" Lissa repeated coldly.

"So, I thought I'd come down here and entertain myself with my newest, shiniest toy," she said brightly, turning her predatory gaze on Claes and offering a dazzling smile. Claes's eyes widened and though his mouth opened he didn't seem able to find his voice.

"But you said..." Lissa complained.

"Do you have what I requested?" Chayka asked, extending a hand, palm up.

Lissa held Chayka's gaze with a hard stare for a long moment before finally replying, "No."

"As I thought, so he's still my toy. Not my fault you took too long," Chayka's extended hand didn't move. "Keys," she `order`ed.

"Fuck no!" Lissa snapped, stepping back in disgust. "Moriva'll kill me if I try and stop you, but I don't have to help you. Get your own keys."

"Okay," Chayka said with a shrug. She pulled a ring of keys from an improbable pocket, given the gown she was wearing. She jangled them in Lissa's face, then against the bars of Claes's cell. "Nicolai is so careless with these, just leaving them on his desk for me. Its almost like he wants me to come down here and cause all sorts of trouble. I couldn't disappoint him, now could I?" Chayka slid a key into the lock and tried turning it to no avail.

"Why are you doing this?" Lissa asked, a hint of pleading in her voice.

"Because I'm pregnant and that makes me horny," Chayka snapped back. She slid another key into place, this one turning easily. "Now beat it... or you can watch, if you like."

Predatory smile stretching even wider, Chayka sauntered up to Claes and ran a finger across his chest, then along his lips. She leaned close to him, on her tip toes, face almost touching his. Her breath was warm against his cheek. Raising her mismatched eyes to meet his Chayka laid her hands gently on his chest.

"You... you're not... going to knee me in the.. groin, are you?" he managed to asked, remembering Lissa's little display a minute or so earlier.

"Only if you want me to," Chayka purred in response. "But I'd much rather-" the last words didn't make it out of her mouth as he lips met Claes's in a passionate kiss. Claes's eyes went wide, then he shoved her. A stumbled step or two backwards before Chayka fell, cracking her head against the floor.

A moment of pristine silence, broken only by when Chayka let loose a peal of manic laughter. She got to her feet, eyes wild. "Excellent," she hissed at him. "Very good. You know, Claesy," she sing-songed his name in a demented little voice. "You know that I like pain. My pain, your pain. Any pain. Makes me feel alive."

Chayka ran a finger across the gash on her forehead and examined the blood. She licked her finger clean with a sensuous moan, eyes never leaving Claes's. "Would like some?" she offered, raising her hand back to her head. She held the bloody finger toward Claes who flinched in a mixture of fear and disgust. Chayka advanced one more step, bloody finger extended, then pounced.

Before she reached him, though, she vanished. The cell door was closed again, Lissa standing on the outside, an apologetic look on her face.

OOC: Chayka says: "Ooh...Lissa likes the blue dress, I see. I'll have to wear it far her as a...special favor."

Chayka's very good at deliberately missing the point.

Claes pressed himself against the far wall of his cell, breathing hard, rubbing the back of his hand over his mouth. When his stomach had settled, he managed, "You...You were imagining kneeing me in the groin and then having Ch-Chayka assault me?" He took a deep breath, trying to stop shaking. "I...I won't lie, I k-kind of expected that first part, but for the love of the Gods, d-did you have to add the second?"

Guest q21

"Wasn't even thinking the first part till you mentioned punching you in the face," Lissa admitted. "I was thinking about where things would go if I didn't get that spell from you."

"We weren't even talking about that," he snapped. "I was offering you the damn spell, and you were the one running away again. Just because I said that I - " The boy broke off, his eyes widening behind his glasses. "Oh."

Guest q21

"Oh, what, Claes? I'm tired of looking in your head."

He shook his head a little too quickly and reached for the parchment. "Nothing. Don't worry about it. I'll just...let's try the spell one more time, okay? I'm sure you've got work to do."

Guest q21

"Yeah, a certain murderer to catch among other things."

Taking a deep breath, Claes did his best to push everything else out of his head. No thoughts about anything but the parchments he held. When he was fairly certain he'd managed it, he began to read through the pages as he'd done before, outlining each step clearly in his mind.

Guest q21

Lissa watched, every step, trying to commit them as deeply to her memory as she could. When he'd finished she started running through the spell on her own and got stuck almost two thirds of the way in.

"Again," she instructed.

ooc- *crash*

He did so, paying extra attention to the parts of the spell he'd changed from the first draft. "I can just keep running it until you've got it solid," he said quietly.

Guest q21

"Good, but I need you to stop for a minute each time so I can check," Lissa said as she started to run through the spell again. In all it took another eight attempts before Lissa knew the spell well enough to run through it at the same time she was speaking about the morning sun shining into the cell window.

"There," she said at last, "think I finally have it."

Guest q21

"Right," Lissa agreed. "I'm off, murders to catch and all that."

Edited by q21

"Have fun with that," Claes drawled, sitting on the edge of his cot and pulling his shoes off. "Let me know if the spell worked or if I've a chance of having Chayka drop by anyway."

Guest q21

"I will," Lissa said over her shoulder as she opened the cell block door. It closed with a soft click and she was gone.

/fin

Because this thread has gone on waaaaay too long...

Guest q21

ooc - Dammit Ama, you were supposed to let her sweat over that a bit first...

Sign in to follow this