• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
Amadaun

Propaganda

Guest theinfamouskat

Moriva gave a sigh and looked back to Lirien. "A trial, she is. But she is mine to bear. As are you, from the sounds of it."

Guest q21
She'd been dreaming about something horrible. Something with chains and a courtroom and angels with glowing blue eyes.

Very, very fitting dream. Very fitting.

Guest theinfamouskat

OOC: Noticed that too. :laughing2dw:

OOC: Grawr, busy day. Busier day tomorrow. I have a poem due in 24 hours and NO inspiration whatsoever. *bangs forehead on keyboard*

Lirien made a small noise in her throat. "You draw power from Storyteller skin, and the patch you have now is in terrible shape. I don't think bringing you a replacement is a burden. Marble and broken wards aside."

Guest theinfamouskat

Moriva gave her a thin smile. "Clearly you've never skinned a Storyteller."

Guest theinfamouskat

The smile thinned. "And there is your first flaw," he murmured. "You are under the impression that your sufferings are greater than any other's sufferings and--being such a glorious martyr--you deserve everything you ask for." He straightened. "Don't think you are the first to wander realms that are not your own seeking for answers. And don't think you are the first to have forged a deal with the devil, literal or no." He lifted his chin. "And I've worn the chains of my share of devils."

"Then you understand how badly I want out of those chains." Lirien folded her hands in her lap. "I'll be blunt. You are my last resort. My other option was a man named Fyr, but from what I heard he seemed to be the kind madman who would chain me to a table and cut me open for sport." If something flickered in the lich's black eyes, she ignored it.

"So - if you refuse to help me I will die -" she swallowed "- but I would make sure that you don't hear the end of it. I don't want to list the the things I could convince the Devils to do to this Plane. Nor the things I could do before I died. Barefaced threats like that are so impolite." Something that your little female friend could learn, I'm sure.

Guest theinfamouskat

Moriva sighed and rubbed a temple. "And having just ended waging war on a demonic prince, I do suppose for the moment I'll pass on the offer." He crossed the room to lounge on the chaise adjacent to her, not taking care to make certain the towel did or did not cover him. With a shrug he said, "so what are you looking to accomplish? Lichdom upon my own level, or just a simple ward against age? Were there a method to what i have accomplished, I'd certainly be willing to teach it, however..." He lifted a hand in front of his face, turning it in front of him before extending it to her. "What you see is the result of countless studies, failed experiments and a handful of successes. To think of learning them all in such a short amount of time..." He shook his head. "Unfathomable."

The beginnings of relief were starting to wash over her, but she couldn't let her guard down. Not yet. "For the moment, I need something that will make physical injury irrevelant. Prefferably something that will let me destroy this body. Aging is not the problem." The barest smile. "After that, I'll have all the time I need to learn the rest myself."

Chayka padded back into the room, dressed in a simple blue gown, hair curling damply about her shoulders. Silently, she curled up on the chaise next to Moriva, resting her top half on his lap like a great jungle cat. Moriva began to gently stroke her head, lacing his fingers absently through her dark hair, and her mismatched eyes glittered at the elf over her folded arms.

"Beware the counsel of the Gods," she murmured with a secret smile. "For they do not seek company."

OOC: I'm spacing out my homework. Already did quick revision of three poems and my logic homework. I'll call my parents, get something to eat, and either write the play (3-5 minutes worth) or one of the essays (1000 words). Shouldn't take terribly long.

Also, the D&D delve today was FANTASTIC. *giggles madly* SO worth losing 6 hours of homework time. More later.

Guest theinfamouskat

OOC: :sad: I wanted Morrigain to respond. :sad: :sad: :sad: And she's off being nerdy with... PEOPLE. Real, living PEOPLE.

OOC: Okay, OKAY! *cowers* I'll try to do homework and play with you guys at the same time. Because I love you so much.

Lirien's eyebrows went up. "Naturally." She eyed the woman cooly. "And if you agree to help, I'll never bother you again."

OOC: GRAB HER!

"And if we don't agree to help, you'll be dead." Chayka stretched and began to slide one hand under Moriva's towel. "So you won't bother us again either way."

Guest theinfamouskat

OOC: *GRABZ*

Moriva didn't move to stop her hand from reaching, simply stared at Lirien as he murmured, "my ward does have a point to a certain degree. And while you may hold enough sway with certain demons to convince them of bothering this realm..." He smiled. "The fear at the back of your eyes and the desperation in your voice led me to believe it's less that you hold sway with them and, ah... they hold sway with you."

"Even so, I don't plan on dying quietly," she murmured. "I'd want to make a bit of a fuss." Her eyes flicked to the lich's lap for a bare second and her lips thinned.

OOC: Grawr! Crosspost!

*is duely grabbed*

"Demons?" Chayka perked up a little, her fingers stilling their slow journey for a moment. "Which ones? Do you know Graz'zt? Is he still as fascinating as he was? I learned much from him and..." a brief dark chuckle, "...he learnt a bit from me."

"Devils." Lirien went chalk white, fumbled for a potion, and continued after several breaths. "I mean I've dealt with them both. But, ah...I have a particular relationship with the Devils. And Graz'zt was never very intersted in the Blood Wars. I never needed to work with him. As for 'fascinating' - I wouldn't disagree, but..." her eyes flicked down again. "Not in the sense that you mean it. I'm sure."

"Oh - devils. Pfft. Dull creatures, though lovely to look at. They never wanted me around. And no..." Her eyes flickered as her fingers began moving again. "I doubt very much you mean it in precisely the same way. You don't look the type. Yet."

Sign in to follow this