• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
Guest q21

Aftermath

Guest theinfamouskat

He frowned. "I thought you said this stuff induces positive emotions..."

Guest q21

"It induces whichever emotion I should choose to store in it, Nicolai," Lissa smirked. "Knowing what you do of my personal appetites you don't truly believe I'd restrict myself to only the positive ones do you. Be glad that bottle isn't full of despair, a much more common commodity in this place."

Guest theinfamouskat

Nicolai stared at the bottle a little more carefully this time. He swallowed. "Lissa, where did you get this?"

Guest q21

"The bottle store and the tap," Lissa said innocently.

Guest theinfamouskat

"I'm serious," D'Varae said, his voice gone very soft. "Where did you get this?"

Guest q21

"I opened a prisoner's cell," Lissa said. "Well. He thought I opened his cell."

Guest theinfamouskat

Nicolai stared at the bottle a long while, breathing shallow. "You..." He looked at the girl sitting across from him "You... extracted this from... one of our prisoners?"

Guest q21

"Extracted isn't quite the word I have chosen to use... but in essence, yes."

Guest theinfamouskat

Nicolai swallowed. "And the prisoner? Where is he now?"

Guest q21

"In his cell, in perfectly good health," Lissa said. Physically anyway, she added to herself.

Edited by q21

Guest q21

ooc - or she just makes it all go away... there's only one member of the commission she can do that to without any real effort, and she's sitting in his office.

Guest theinfamouskat

OOC: Unfortunately, Nicolai knows that. :biggrin: He doesn't want to fuck with Lissa.

Nicolai swallowed. "Which prisoner. I'll have to send someone... to check on him. Just to be safe."

Guest q21

"Cell 17B," Lissa said. "I forget his name."

ooc - assumed basic alphanumeric cell number... edit as appropriate.

Edited by q21

Guest theinfamouskat

OOC: No, makes sense to me. :biggrin:

Nicolai pulled a quill from an inkwell and jotted down the number on a piece of paper, blew on it, then folded it and put it in his pocket. "I'll save that for later, take care of the matter personally as young Vilandon chose the most appropriate time to, ah... defect."

Guest q21

"As talented healer as he may be, Vilandon was not well suited to this job," Lissa noted. "Moriva needs to find a new healer."

Guest theinfamouskat

"And at least one more Inquisitor, as it stands," Nicolai sighed. "With Madame Civello's upcoming tribunal, I don't know how much longer Arden will be with us... not that I will mourn the loss of the man..."

Guest q21

"I get the feeling he was mostly superfluous anyway," Lissa said, "in addition to being repulsive."

Guest theinfamouskat

"Apparently the only condition Phillida gave Lord Morva when he formed the Commission was to include his nephew in its staffing." He gave a weak shrug. "Foolish condition if you ask me, but..."

Guest q21

"So how come he's still on the staff after Phillida's dead?"

Guest theinfamouskat

"There's been no time, and until now, no cause to disbar him," Nicolai said. "If you recall, the Daedra were beating at the proverbial door and trying to kill us all? The Emperor's death? And now the recent events?" He sighed. "I just want to get him gone before he does something more foolish."

Guest q21

"You can get more foolish than some of what he's already done?" Lissa asked, eyebrows raised.

Guest theinfamouskat

Nicolai sighed. "We are speaking of Salvatori, I fear."

Guest q21

"Point taken. Limitless stupidity in human form."

Guest theinfamouskat

"Never thought I'd say such a thing, but I hope Madame Civello thrashes me in court." A smirk. "Non-sexual reference, so get those dirty thoughts out of your head immediately."

Sign in to follow this