• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
Amadaun

Preparations

It was several hours past dawn before anything stirred in Magnus' bedroom. The two in the bed, exhausted by the day before, slept soundly, holding each other close.

When the room brightened enough, Chayka woke first, and was disoriented for a moment by the warm body against hers. Moriva rarely bothered to keep himself warm all night long, if for no other reason than that it made her huddle even more closely to him over the night. But then she remembered that it was Magnus she had spent the night with, not Moriva.

She turned to look up at him almost wonderingly, watching his sleeping face for several silent minutes before she decided it was the perfect time to see if Moriva's spell had worn off. With a grin, she slid her hand down his front.

OOC: Chayka's awake. Run.

Guest theinfamouskat

Magnus's eyes opened. "Well, that is certainly one way to wake someone."

"Ah, so it does work again!" she said gleefully, moving her hand over to his hip. "And how's your hip, Magnus? Did the spell help? Are you feeling better?"

Guest theinfamouskat

Magnus smirked. "Much. I haven't rested so well in ages."

"I'm so glad. I am. And I slept well, too." She arched her back, stretching, before grinning up at him. "Mm...Magnus...I've got a present for you. Something special."

Guest theinfamouskat

Magnus sighed. "Can't the sex wait just a little longer? I'm warm."

OOC: :laugh:

Chayka pouted. "It's not sex. Not exactly." She brightened again. "Unless you want it to be. I can give you sex along with the present."

Guest theinfamouskat

Magnus smirked and opened an eye. "You have a present... and sex? And sex is not the present?"

Chayka nodded eagerly. "That's right. It's special. And I got it the right way. I didn't steal it." She beamed, proud of herself. "I knew you wouldn't want it if I stole it."

Guest theinfamouskat

Magnus frowned opening both eyes. "You got what?" he asked, sitting up.

"A present." She wet her lips, suddenly nervous at his frown. "I snuck out and bought it last night. While you were asleep. I wanted to surprise you, Magnus."

Guest theinfamouskat

The frown lightened slightly, but didn't leave completely. "How... how did you buy it if the shops are closed?"

"I walked in and found what I wanted, and I wrote it down in the ledger and then I left the gold," she explained. "I have gold. Soren gives me an allowance to buy things for myself. As his ward."

Guest theinfamouskat

Magnus chuckled. "Well, I hope you didn't spend too terribly much, darling. Harder to explain such a thing to Soren."

"I've more than enough. It should be fine. So..." Swallowing, the girl reached for the pile of her clothes at the end of the bed, sifting through them before closing something in her hands and turning back. And then she stared down at her lap, feeling very nervous about the whole thing, though she didn't know why. What if he didn't like it? What if he pushed her away?

After a few deep breaths to calm her suddenly racing heart, she looked up. The warm, curious look on his face gave her courage. And she felt a little less like a fool.

Almost timidly, Chayka held out her hands, the amulet lying nestled in her palms, glinting in the morning sun. "It's...um..." The girl looked very young as she struggled for words. "I wanted to...to give you something. Something to show you were mine. The man I love. Because I love you. I do." She touched her forehead. "We all do. You've given us something we've never had before. And if it weren't for you, we - I wouldn't have been able to feel this for either you or Soren, and...and...you're teaching me how to be gentle and kind, and I like being that way, and I never want you to hurt and..."

She paused, mouth trembling, then burst out, "I just love you! So much! I do, I promise, I...I want you to be mine and Soren's forever. To be happy and safe and raise our child. Maybe even children. I know I can't wed you publicly, but after all these years of wanting you...I can at least do this. And I know I'm supposed to give a ring, but that'll be too many questions right now. So this is sort of like a ring until I can buy a proper one. And it's for you. If...if you want it. Please?"

OOC: Bed soooon.

Guest theinfamouskat

Magnus sat for a long moment, staring at the amulet. He'd listened up until something to the effect of, "I know I can't wed you publically, but," and it suddenly occurred to him that it was far, far more than a trinket she was giving him. A lovely trinket, the loveliest a lover had ever given him ever, but it was far more.

Magnus felt as young as Chayka sounded as his whole face lit up in a flush and a smile. "Y... you're asking me to... pledge myself to you? And Soren? The both of you?"

Chayka nodded, eyes earnest. "Please? I-I don't know if I can truly speak for Soren, he's not ready for this sort of thing, but...but I can tell you what he said about you." Taking a deep breath, she repeated, "'He is a very dear friend. A colleague, a brother, a son and more.' He doesn't want to share you, just like he doesn't want to share me, and...and he cares too much for you."

Another deep breath as she looked him in the eyes. "That's what he said to me when he warned me not to wound your heart. And I told him I wouldn't lay a finger on your heart unless you gave it freely to me. But I'll give you mine. I don't know if I have one, but it's yours for the taking."

Guest theinfamouskat

Magnus reached out and took her hands in his. "Only if you will accept mine in exchange."

Guest theinfamouskat

Magnus smiled at her, pulling his hair away from his neck. When she continued to stare, he chuckled. "Well, aren't you going to put it on me?"

The girl's face lit up in a wide smile. Eagerly, hands trembling, she tried to undo the clasp of the chain. After two or three attempts she got it right, and very, very carefully clasped it about his throat. Letting her hands rest on either side of it on his chest, she whispered, "Mine. And yours."

Guest theinfamouskat

Magnus smiled, examining the small trinket with no small amount of wonder. His finger traced a seam in the stone and he looked up at her. "A locket? What is inside?"

Guest theinfamouskat

Magnus gave her a smirk. "Well, it only seems appropriate that my lover's gift contain something reminiscent of our lord and master, doesn't it? Then I can remember them both at once."

Sign in to follow this