• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
Onasaki

To Ferelden

"Infernal?" he asks, boggled. "Innocence was created by God. It's that reason why Exorcists are sworn to protect it, or the Millennium Earl will destroy it all. It's the only thing that we can use to defend against his Akuma, or else he may very well destroy God himself." He shakes his head again, "I can't leave it here, or anywhere."

"Well, you may not have much choice, unless you were planning on a glorious death in battle at the hands of whatever passes for local law enforcement or religious Order Militant ," he crosses his arms over his chest, "I don't think they'll appreciate the value of your innocence, if the reaction of those cutthroats is anything to go by."

"Then my life is in God's hands now, sir." Cade states, his voice managing to crack and falling a little deeper. "I was sworn to protect Innocence, when I put on this coat. I can't let the Black Order down."

"What worries me at this point is that my life is also in your God's hands," Ragnar hisses, " and by the looks of those men your god is liable to get us both strung up by the local priest, or magistrate, or skewered by a bunch of very heavily armed do-gooders. Believe me, I've been the do-gooder" Ragnar glowers at Cade again and sticks his head out of the doorway, "OK, it at least looks clear no - can you at least take that thing off and stuff it in your belt?"

"Everyone's life is in God's hands, sir." Cade stated, with a matter-of-fact. He frowns though, pulling off his hat and looking at it, chewing his lower lip. "I can... but I'll be defenseless against an akuma attack, if I can't access my innocence quickly enough."

"Some people fear Innocence, because they don't understand it's God's gift to man." Cade explains, frowning some as he pulls his hat from his head and goes about awkwardly stuffing it through his belt. He winces a little, staring at the hat, as if it were in pain. "And the Millennium Earl wants to destroy it...and then destroy God."

OOC: We could dip into the start of the Redcliffe zombie Apocolypse thing. I think we've stated that the Battle of Ostegar has already been lost, and the Blight's on it's way through Lothering.

OOC: Or you could keep things going here.  :devil3:

Whatever Cade said next was lost in a martial thunder of metal on metal as a squad of armored men, swords drawn, marched into the alley in double-time and neatly blocked the only escape route. The men wore heavy plate with flaming swords on the breastplate; the only one who's face was not shielded by a helmet was also the only one who had her sword drawn. She stared at the two men - particularly, Cade - eyes narrow and merciless.

"You've got this one chance to let us take you back to the Chantry and let you try to explain things," she said flatly. Her voice was faintly accented. "No one yells blood mage without reason."

OOC: You have no idea how hard it was to keep them from dispelling everything in sight, first. But I knew one of your guys would read that as an attack. :D

Cade blinked as the soldiers approached, taking an idle step backwards. "Um...Chantry?" he asks, blinking. "What...what--" he cuts off, looking aside towards Ragnar.

Ragnar does a quick head count, realizing that he is both seriously under-armoured and woefully outnumbered. Fighting isn't an option here. He flicks his eyes to Cade and gives a a slight shrug, adopting a neutral position, hands out away from his multiple sword hilts, weight on his back foot.

He decides not to risk smiling, "Easy now, I don't think either of us even knows what blood magic is. We're just a pair of outlanders who scared off some cutthroats."

Behind Ragnar, Shadow pores the ground restlessly.

"I--Yes, um..." Cade starts, stuttering a little as he glances between the soldiers, hand jumping to the crucifix pendant on his neck nervously.

Ragnar has a sinking feeling that they're probably too ignorant of the locals to talk their way out of this one, "Like I said, we're Outlanders.  We've just arrived in your land and we aren't familiar with your Chantry." He pauses, then plunges on, "We just came into town for supplies, and before we were attacked I was just about to start looking for a reliable map."

OOC: *gives in to peer pressure and writes this thread in present tense*

One of the Templars mutters "qunari?" under his breath.

"We have maps in the chantry," says the knight-captain bluntly. She motions for them to follow. "I'd like to hear where the burst of power and accusations of blood magic come into this."

Ragnar makes a conciliatory gesture, palms out at his side, the effect is somewhat ruined by his armour, hung with at least half a dozen visible weapons, "As I said, we have no objections. But... I do need somewhere to leave the horse," he gestures at Shadow, "He's battle trained, I'm not keen on just leaving him in the street."

Ragnar holds up a hand, "He'll bite if he doesn't trust you. I have to introduce Shadow to ser Edric, if I will be allowed?" Ragnar raises an eyebrow, not quite in defiance, it says you can overule me in this, but you'll just end up looking a fool. Except, it doesn't quite say that, because the expression isn't quite rude or even a challenge.

OOC: I had completely missed the present tense thing - it must be from when I used to RP last decade. Mea Culpa.

Sign in to follow this