• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
Morrigain

Airship

She barely blinked. "That you were very unsubtle and..." she glanced at her brother. "Abraisive, yes? About your beliefs. Which are horrific."

OOC: Traditionalist Valenar elves = do not believe in sugarcoating.

"Too bad." She shrugged a shoulder. "And really, I'm abrasive? Coming from him, that's a bit rich. Coming from anyone who works for her-" she nodded at Solana, "-is hilarious."

"Yeah, well, if I start being nice to him now, he'll know that something's up, so no need to treat him any differently." Temvi snorted. "At least until he apologizes for insulting my spells."

"That won't happen," said Oran, still smilling. "Annet is a Zil gnome, which in his mind means that he is a master of enchantment and that all others are like...insects. You should get used to the idea."

Temvi's eyes went narrow, and she turned to Solana. "So how badly do you need this gnome? If I were to, say, kick him over the side, how hard would it be to find a new one?"

"Honestly? If you kicked him over the side he'd probably stick to the hull like glue on his way down. I tried leaving him at port once. Vasanti found him in the cargo hold three days later."

OOC: Uh oh, indeed.

Solana frowned, raising a hand to scratch behind her ear. "He's useful," she admitted. "Especially when we're grounded like this. Creepy or not, he is on my crew, and whatever..." her nose wrinkled. "Plan of yours..."

"Then I'd be happy to fly you to the Talenta Plains so you can catch a giant carnivorous lizard," she said smoothly. "I'm told they make excellent mounts and even better guard dogs."

"We've got carnivorous lizards back home, too. Well, omnivorous, but the wild ones are perfectly happy to take a chomp out of you." The elf toyed with the tip of her ear. "I come from a land with house-sized bugs for Almsivi's sake. I think I can handle a lizard."

Sign in to follow this