• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
Morrigain

Sharn

Lethe and Temvi stepped out of the Inn and on to a balcony overlooking a narrow, cobbled street. It was deserted and dark, lit by smokeless yellow-burning lamps. Ladders were everywhere. The web of balconies and rope bridges kept them from seeing more than a few dozen yards in any direction, but they could hear the incessant clang and clatter of forges below and the hum of skycabs up above.

"Welcome to the Upper Cogs," said Lethe with a little smirk. "You're not getting the best introduction to Sharn. This is the industrial layer. Very underwhelming."

"Gods. I feel like I'm in a Dwemer ruin. Only bigger. Much bigger. Gods." Temvi craned her neck every which way, trying to look at everything she could. "How far up are we? Or should I ask how far down?"

"Welllll, I could give you a lecture about how the whole city's on a grid pattern - mostly - and that the street names are alphabetical, numerical, and numerical again...but the real answer? Practice." She grinned. "Eyes on the walkway, please. It's a long way to fall."

"That's fine. The best bet's not falling at all, of course." Lethe stepped aside for a pair of tieflings hurrying down the street in a manner that suggested they didn't want to be seen. "This is nothing, by the way. We're going up one level. That's where you'll be staring. Everything's much brighter."

"Oh." Temvi wasn't sure what else to say. It was hard - terribly hard - to not look like an idiot with all her staring and questions. She didn't like looking like an idiot. Trying to yank her eyes back forward, she mumbled, "I'm glad Daedra can't reproduce. I wouldn't want to see that result."

"Yeah, judging by what you've shown me it'd be interesting. To say the least." She tugged Temvi down a different street to avoid a shady-looking cluster of beggars. "Oh, here we go," she said excitedly, pointing toward a channel running down the side of a building with a tiny trickle of water flowing down it. "That's the kind of weather we get down here. It must be raining hard up top."

Temvi gave it a disdainful look. "I'm taking you to see an ocean when we're done here. I can't imagine living under an umbrella my entire life. How can you stand it?"

"Because I have absolutely no idea of what I'm missing? I've heard about oceans. Infinite sky and infinite water. It sounds terrifying. I think I'd pass out or something."

"Well, when you put it that way..." Chuckling, Lethe led the way to the end of the street, which opened up into the light and noise of a large plaza. The tangle of walkways overhead was gone, and they could see that the buildings rose for dozens upon dozens of stories; at the top was a pale, flat sliver of blue that was trying to pass for a sky. Small four-person airships continually dropped down, transferred passengers, and zipped off into the distance. The red-and-blue glow of their elementals and the rush of people was dizzying.

Lethe pulled Temvi close with a grin. "This is a bit better," she said. "Stare all you want."

"Um..." Lethe looked around. "Yes. Bench. Right over here." Carefully, she helped Temvi over and eased her down, sitting by her side. "You can sit all you want, too," she said, trying to mask her concern.

"They won't," said Lethe reassuringly. Now probably wasn't the best time to mention that this was just one layer. She watched as something small and glittering fell from up high and bounced on the tile. A small child ran over and pocketed it.

"M-Maybe." She swallowed. "I'm not shaking, am I? I-I feel like I might be shaking a little bit. And I don't like the idea of being unstable w-while being so far up off the ground and not allowed to levitate. And when things fall, doesn't it hurt to get hit by them?"

OOC: *babble babble babble*

"That almost never happens," said Lethe, lacing her fingers though the other woman's. She couldn't tell her that the cabs felt perfectly stable; that would be a bald-faced lie. "And you're not shaking any worse than I did when I saw the sky. Really. Promise."

"It's just so..." Temvi trailed off, shaking her head. "Gods. It's incredible. I take it back - I can understand how you can live here. I don't think I could do it without my levitation, but I can understand, at least."

OOC: Will reply to your pm once I've gotten some sleep. *salute*

(My Spanish professor has such a strong Spanish accent. It's messing with my brain. :blink:)

"It's wonderful," said Lethe enthusiastically, swinging her feet back and forth.

Sign in to follow this