• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
Morrigain

Sharn

"Unless you want to climb straight up for over an hour, yeah." She glanced over at Temvi. "Is that a problem? They're kinda fun. Well, I mean, foriegners say they're fun. I haven't really thought about it."

"The drivers probably wouldn't know anything about their construction, would they?" Temvi perked up a little bit. "How close can I study it while we're flying?"

"I'll do my best." Temvi tore her eyes from the skycabs and started studying the strange peoples around them. "You've a lot of odd ones here. I'm not standing out too badly."

"Told you." A wolfish-looking Shifter walked past and Lethe winced. "Tell you what, though. Let's not go around asking people if they're the result of a breeding program. Just...yeah. You know."

"Not unless they're staring back at you like they want to eat your liver on toast. Um...that was a Shifter, by the way. Beast-person. Descended from a werewolf. The Chuch of the Silver Flame hates them worse than they hate changelings, even."

"Yeah, there aren't many around anymore after the Church decided they were rabid beasts and tried to slaughter all of them." Lethe rolled her eyes. "Really nice and fuzzy, those Silver Flame types."

"Well..." Lifting her hand, she made a so-so gesture. "How much like your werewolves are our werewolves? Ours have to hunt every night. And by hunt, I mean they have to kill someone. They're not too popular."

"Oh. Ours only have to change when the moons line up right. And they don't have to kill anyone." She shifted. "It's like changelings, though - people don't expect anything good of them, so they use it as an excuse."

Temvi rolled her eyes. "Gods. Your world is uncomfortable about things that can become other things, isn't it? Changelings, Shifters...the people in charge must be even more paranoid than the Telvanni. Of course, with a big city like this, I can see that."

"I'd rather not deal with the questions raised by you trying to use your coins here," said Lethe with a smirk. "Of course I have money."

OOC: Btw, if you ever want to throw NPCs at Temvi for Teh Drama, go ahead and I'll just play them after you introduce them.

OOC: *evil giggles*

"Well then..." Temvi took a deep breath and carefully stood. "Let's go meet your troupe. No more wobbles." A wry grin. "For n-"

She was interrupted by an electrical noise behind her, followed by a pained yelp and an "oof!" as a small body hit the ground. Temvi's hand flashed out and grabbed a handful of hair, shaking it violently. "Ten minutes in a new place!" she snapped, red eyes smoldering. "Ten minutes! And some kid tries to pickpocket me!"

OOC: Go. :biggrin:

OOC: This is perfect. Thank you. :biggrin:

"Calm down, we don't want to call the watch -!" Lethe jumped up, reaching for the kid in question but catching herself at the last moment. The boy was trying to wriggle out of Temvi's grasp for all he was worth. "Don't hurt the kid! Hold his arms or something, not the hair, for godssakes - He didn't get anything, did he?"

"Of course not. All my pouches are trapped. All he's got is a nice little electrical burn." She gave the kid another shake, not looking in the least willing to let go of his hair, even as she grabbed his upper arm as tightly as she could. "Mind you, boy, I'll still be checking, just in case. And stop yelping or I'll trap your damn mouth to zap you every time you open it, you hear me?"

"Well of course he's yelping! Give me the kid, I'll check him, just let him go or we'll have a pack of guards on our heads and sticky fingers will be the absolute least of our problems. Let. Him. Go."

A crowd was gathering. Lethe grabbed the boy by the shoulders - he'd stopped yelping once Temvi released him - and started leading him away from the plaza, motioning for Temvi to follow. "Pickpocket," she told one of the watchers airily as they passed. "I swear they're getting worse. No need to make a fuss though. Everything's fine."

Around the corner and out of sight she stood the boy against the wall and crouched in front of him. "Don't run. Did you take anything?"

Sucking on his burnt hand, eyes not leaving Temvi, he rapidly shook his head.

Lethe sighed. "Empty your pockets."

"But -!"

"Kid, I'm not going to report you. Empty your pockets. Please?"

Sign in to follow this