• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
Guest q21

Heaven

Guest theinfamouskat

OOCC: AWMUHGARD, SEBS HAS A SISTER. *mas applause* MOAR. NAOW.

Guest q21

ooc - Must first write something for Tankloc and then Lissa... then back here again.

Guest q21

?Drink??

?Please.?

Iona walked the two steps to her drink cabinet. For a moment or two there was no sound save the clink of crystal and the tinkle of pouring liquid. With a nod of thanks Sebs accepted his drink and sipped. Whiskey. Smooth in his mouth; burning like fire on its way down. Better whiskey than he?d tasted in a long time.

?Its good,? Sebs commented, raising his glass to his sister.

With a smile Iona tilted her head to the empty crystal decanter she?d poured the drinks from. ?Pours exactly what the drinker wants. It was Father?s. It could have been yours.?

?We?ve had this discussion, Iona,? Sebs said levelly. ?That role doesn?t suit me.?

?And it does me??

?You seem to be doing just fine.?

A glowing level stare was the only response he got. She held it as she took a sip from her own glass. It was filled with a clear liquid that Sebs? suspected was water. The glass made a soft clink as Iona placed it on the meeting table and took a step closer to Sebs.

?Why are you here, Brother??

?Can?t I just be visiting my dear sister while I?m in town??

?No. You never just visit anyone.?

?You?re special,? brushing a strand of black hair behind her ear.

?Cut the bullshit.?

?Okay,? Sebs stepped passed her and placed his drink next to hers on the table, then turned to face. ?I need an army. Not a big one: one maybe two, Companies ? if that. I?ll transmit a safe landing when I?m in position myself.?

?No.?

?Did you just say, ?No???

?You heard me.?

?You don?t get to say no to me, Iona,? Sebs grated. ?You are where you are because I put you there.?

?I know what you?re planning, Sebastien.?

?Goodie for you.?

?No matter how many Companies I give you ? hell, no matter how many Legions I give you? its going to end up the same way. You, face to face with this Soren Moriva.?

?That is the intention.?

?You?ll lose.?

?No. I won?t.?

?You will, Sebastien,? Ione reiterated. ?And you. Will. Die.?

?I?ve beaten him before.?

?And death is all that waits if you repeat that encounter now,? Iona said, a hint of sorrow in her eyes. ?I lost my father to needless violence; I don?t want to lose my brother to it too.?

?How touching,? Sebs drawled. ?Don?t stress, I won?t ??

Caught completely off guard Sebs felt the wind rush out of his lungs as Iona?s fist smashed into his gut. Before he could fully comprehend what had happened her fist was speeding toward his head. He reacted; blocking clumsily.

Sebs swung. Iona ducked under the blow and stepped past him; a fist crashing into his ribs. Hurriedly, Sebs threw up his shields. They we?re untidy, the magic not responding quite normally. Iona wasted no time in finding a gap in them, her elbow hammering into his lumber spine. Sebs back arched, but he kept his balance, just.

He spun. Right backhand followed by left hook. She kicked; blocked with a raised thigh. Block left. Block right. Head butt. It connected with something, either her head or a defending arm. Sebs ducked, expecting a high retaliation. He was wrong.

The last thing he saw was a knee, rising to meet to point of his chin. Darkness.

When he came to, ten or fifteen seconds later, Sebs was on his back. Iona sat straddling his chest, her knees pinning his arms in place. She leaned forward until her face was only inches from Sebs?. There was a trail of blood running from the corner of her mouth to her chin ? at least he?d managed one good connection.

A stray lock of her silken black hair fell onto Sebs? face. Gently, Iona brushed it away, hooking it behind her ear. Her hand return to Sebs? face; fingers running gently, almost reverently along the scar over his eye.

?Remember when I gave you this?? shed asked, a wistful smile creeping onto her features.

?How could I forget??

?I was a lucky swing.?

?It took my eye out,? Sebs reminded her.

?And you just about killed me for it,? Iona pointed out. ?I?m still not a hundred percent sure why you didn?t. Mercy isn?t in the nature of an Angel of War.?

?I?m also human.?

?From what I?ve seen there isn?t much mercy in human nature either.?

?Point,? Sebs conceded. ?Now will you get the fuck off me.?

?No.?

?Cow.?

Slap!

Sebs? head barely moved as Iona?s palm connected with it. The sound of the impact was rather more impressive than the strength behind it. Regardless Sebs? cheek began to redden as an amused smile worked its way across his face. The smile was followed by a snort of laughter.

?What, pray tell, is so funny.?

?You bitch slapped me,? Sebs answered, still smiling. ?Your, the Archangel of War; enough magic to vaporise me; enough strength to put my head through this floor? And your reaction to an insult is the same as ever other woman everywhere: You bitch slapped me.?

?You?re impossible.?

?It?s a talent.? Sebs shrugged ? well as close to shrug as he could managed lying on his back with his arms pinned.

Iona groaned. ?The point, Sebs, is that day I ambushed you. From behind. Wielding a sword that happily slices through granite. You handed me my ass that day, Brother.?

?You weren?t an Archangel yet.?

?And you hadn?t ? quite literally ? been tried by the fires of Hell yet,? Iona pointed out. ?You and I both know that you should have won this little tussled without too much fuss, just like you beat the shit out of me that day. And you didn?t because you aren?t quite yourself at the moment, Sebs.?

?I?m pure angel, like half the population up here keeps telling me I should become.?

?But you?re only half of yourself,? Iona pointed out. ?You didn?t feed you?re human half to the angelic or visa versa, you split your personality ? the very essence of yourself ? right down the middle.?

?And??

?And you aren?t on the same tier as anyof the Archanim like this. Right now, even some of the Seraphim could take you.?

?Really?? Sebs scoffed.

?Really,? Iona repeated. ?Even though ninety five percent of you potential comes from only half of personality, you still need your whole personality ? your entire soul ? in `order` to access your entire potential.?

?Come again?? Sebs said, raising an eyebrow.

?It goes even further than that. Regardless of where you potential comes from you can only access as much of it as there is of you present.?

?So? If I tried I could only access half my angelic magic even though all of my angel-ness is here?? Iona nodded. ?That?s fucked up? and makes no sense.?

?I didn?t explain it very well ? magical exposition isn?t my forte,? Iona admitted. ?It?s yours. If your human half were in there, ? Iona tapped Sebs? temple. ?You?d be the one doing the explaining ? using unhealthily long words and confusing hand gestures and everything.?

?Yeah, right.?

?Serious,? Iona said earnestly. ?And that?s another thing ? your humanity is the part that makes you a genius. Even if you had access to all your power you wouldn?t be able to wield it in the same way, with the same efficacy, as you normally do. Face it: at half strength, with only a modicum of your usual control? you can?t beat Moriva.?

?Right. I get it.? Sebs sighed. ?Can I get up now??

?Do you promise you won?t go charging off to confront Moriva.?

Sebs stared at her. A long, hard stare. His electric blue eyes locked onto hers. He was silent for a long few minutes, weighing up his answer.

?I promise.?

?Good.?

Iona levered herself to her feet and offered her little brother a hand.

OOC: Hehe. Sebs got beat up by a girl. And for some reason I'm reminded of the scenes of the two cubs wrestling in The Lion King. :laughing2dw:

(By the way, wasn't he going to talk to one of his uncles about Cla'nee/Kayela? Actually, the better question would be: Does this half of him even care about that?)

Guest q21

ooc - I don't know... hadn't thought much past this post yet...

Guest theinfamouskat

OOC: Bwaha! I approve of Iona muchly.

OOC: Poor Sebs is having a rough time. He leaves Chayka's head, where 90% of the denizens call him an idiot - and then goes to heaven, where 100% of the denizens call him an idiot.

Is Dove the only person who's not holding some kind for grudge against him? :laughing2dw:

Guest theinfamouskat

Yup. Pretty much. Went and did a quick run-thru in my head and all my characters have SOMETHING against the man. Or think they do. Pretty funny.

OOC: Let's see...Well, Krahe and Seabhac could care less (though I'm sure angels aren't terribly fond of Storytellers either). Claes will, of course, freak out over what he'll think is Sebs' interest in Nee. Nee wants to sit him down and have a good long talk...

And Hassildor has an itemized bill for him. :laughing2dw:

Guest theinfamouskat

OOC: LOL, Angels and Demons both have issue with storytellers. LAWL.

Guest q21

ooc - There's this little part of my mind that says I should be nicer to poor Sebs... I tend not to listen to that part very much.

Sign in to follow this