• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rahvin

Blood and Bloody Ashes

Guest Rahvin

OOC: Before I begin- this is my first time in the adventure forum so don't blame me if any of the following happens:

1. I do it badly

2. I forget completely

3. I realise I do not have the inspiration to do this at the minute

4. The Triumvirate hijack this because it is going badly.

That said, I really hope I do get round to finishing it. I doubt it will be long, but if people do happen to be interested in getting involved in one way or another just send me a PM.

Well here goes (this first bit is just a starting point for me, it should get more exciting. Oh and I hope you all understand the... twist in Selene's background by the end. It is rather simple really, but if you don't just say and I will tell you straight out :blink:)...

Also: In some parts of this adventure there may be some darker fantasies involved. If you take offence at reading those, then please do not read this adventure, as I would not like to upset you.

Many characters and concepts mentioned are copyright of Robert Jordan and Orbit Books. Also, several are copyright of Bethesda Softworks. None of these are in any way my own creations.

Tefle, anything I missed there?

----------------------------------------------------

Sweat glistened faintly all over Selene?s face. Sweat she thought with disgust. The Aes Sedai had not sweated for years, hundreds of years. Then again, neither had she had a visit from one of the Chosen in all that time either.

Warren was pacing the room, sword drawn. Of course he could feel her anxiety and fear through the Bond, as well as see her sweating. Not much put a Warder on edge, but seeing his Aes Sedai close to panic certainly did the job. The Warder, as all Warder?s were, was often compared to a half-tamed wolf. He certainly seemed only half-tame then, muttering and growling to himself. Selene laughed softly, a nervous laugh though. As if he could do anything against what had visited her during the night.

?Sheaf your blade, Warren. There is no need for steel here.? He gave her a questioning look, and asked what was wrong, but he did sheaf his sword. ?It was Moghedian- yes that?s right. The Spider actually came out of hiding.? Of course, Moghedian was not actually in hiding, just waiting in the shadows for an opportunity- after all, why would one of the Chosen need to hide?

Selene composed herself, running an ivory comb through her hair before putting it back into a bun. Warren became more at ease himself, taking a seat- even if the seat was near the door, where he could throw himself in between any assailant that came through. He did not even seem surprised that he had not seen Moghedian as she visited Selene. Even he knew that, of all the Chosen, she was the most accomplished of in the World of Dreams. The Unseen World?

? Selene had felt completely relaxed and sure of herself as she went to sleep. After all, why wouldn?t she? Surely Selene was one of the most powerful people in the world. The Lady Selene Pendroval, Tracker of Shadowspawn, Aes Sedai and Sitter of the Blue Ajah, High Seat of House Pendroval. Of course she was also First Selector- the head- of the Blue Ajah, but she did not flaunt that. That was only for the Blue Ajah to know. There were other titles she had as well, but not many at all knew about them.

At first she dreamt pleasant dreams, of her becoming the Amyrlin Seat, of her becoming Queen of Shienar and of her single handily dealing with the thrice accursed Seanchan. After that third dream though she whimpered a little in her sleep. Somebody had entered her dream and was now controlling it. Selene was well aware of that, yet horrified to find she could do nothing about it. How had they gotten past her Wards?

Within moments she was on her knees, howling in pain. She saw through her own eyes, despite being in a dream. She felt the pain as if it were real. But she knew it was the World of Dreams she was in. Light seemed to be coming from everywhere, but not bright light. Just light enough to be able to see clearly.

Slowly the Aes Sedai looked up, and suddenly wished she hadn?t when she received a slap in the face. ?You dare look up at me with such arrogance, Aes Sedai?? The figure in front of her sneered when saying Aes Sedai. ?I am Moghedian.? Only a fool would claim that if it wasn?t true, and the figure in front of Selene was obviously no fool.

?Apologies, Great Mistress. I- I did not realise I had the honour of being in the presence of one of the Chosen.? The figure grunted, seeming satisfied for now. Selene figured it safe to look up now, but Moghedian was looking away, as if recalling something. Finally she looked down at the grovelling Sister again. ?I have `order`s for you, and your Warder. They come from the Great Lord himself.? Selene gaped in spite of herself. Moghedian slapped her again?

? Shaking her head, Selene shoved away the memory of the last night. ?Warren we have `order`s. From the Great Lord himself.? Blood and ashes, she thought, that woman has a surprisingly strong arm. Blood and bloody ashes, a task from the Dark One himself. Selene whimpered once more at the thought. The thought of failure, that was.

Within half an hour Selene and Warren were ready to leave. The Aes Sedai was as composed as ever, and Warren no longer worried. The pair glided- well Selene glided, Warren stalked with a leopard?s grace- down the stairs, and out to the stables, giving the Inn Keeper some gold coins and thanking him for the stay. As they entered the stable Selene waited patiently, while Warren saddled up their mounts. After all was in `order`, they galloped off into the distance to this so called ?Imperial? City.

Edited by Rahvin

Guest Rahvin

OOC: Was that an "appropriate" beginning? I know not the most exciting, but I think it wasn't too bad.

Guest Rahvin

OOC: Hehe. A Black Sister doing... whatever she is going to do probably won't go down well with the Commission and/or other figure of authority.

Guest J_Slr

OOC: So wait she is now in The Elder Scrolls world right? Any chance you could explain how she got there?

Guest Rahvin

OOC: Yes she is and uh... no I can't :tongue:. Well I can, but I will wait until the next section for that.

Which, by the way, could be a while. I planned to do it today, but things came up. Tomorrow I am going out for my Brother's birthday, and then on Monday I have to start on business coursework. I'll fit it in somewhere, just not sure when.

Oh and completely off topic, but I bought 'On Writing' by Stephen King today, so hopefully I will get round to reading that soon.

Guest theinfamouskat

OOC: That book is MADE OF WIN. Seriously, will change your life as a writer. Jussayin.

Guest Rahvin

OOC: Hehe, I'm looking forward to it.

Guest Rahvin

OOC: Okay, the here is the next part. Also, I shall edit my first post with a small warning, and a little legal bit. I wouldn't wanna be sued.

Of course, they weren't heading directly towards the City. Not yet anyway. After galloping a few miles, when they were safely out of view, Selene suddenly stopped. The Aes Sedai pulled a strange little box out of the saddlebags. Seemingly made of metal, and about ten centimetres cubed, the sunlight reflected off it in magnificent patterns.

Warren eyed it warily. He did not like not knowing, and at the minute he did not know anything. Well anything of immediate importance anyway. Selene had still not told him how they were to get to the Imperial City, what they were meant to do there or why. Well perhaps she did not know that last one, after all, the Chosen need not share their reasons with anyone but the Great Lord himself.

The Warder jumped off his horse, searching through his saddlebags while constantly searching the nearby trees for any sign of attack. He gave a small, satisfied, smile as he pulled out his cloak. Like all other Warder's cloaks it seemed to blend into its environment, making parts of the wearer seem to disappear. Looking at it made most peoples head spin. He knew that Selene would want everyone to know that she was in the City when they arrived, even if they did not know who she was. The cloak certainly helped with that; people would not know what it meant, but they would almost certainly remember it.

Donning the cloak he climbed back into his saddle, waiting patiently for Selene. Finally she turned round. ?It should be safe now. I didn't want to risk anybody hearing back in that Inn.? Warren only nodded, and waited for her to carry on. ?Our task is likely to be difficult, and dangerous. Especially if we fail. The Great Lord himself gave these `order`s, and you know exactly what failing him means.? While saying 'him', Selene put as much respect as possible into her tone.

?I know Selene, I know. Do you mean to tell me the task? Is it one where my sword will be needed, or just the Power?? Warren let no impatience sound in his voice, or show on his face, but the Aes Sedai felt it through the Bond. ?Patience Warren, have patience. Yes I mean to tell you the task, and your sword may very well be needed. You remember Prince Brys, of Kandor?? Barely waiting for Warren's nod she carried on. ?It seems, however impossible it sounds, that he survived Merean's attempt.?

Warren remembered that, quite clearly. Nearly twenty years ago, Brys had been a Friend of the Dark. A very well respected one as well. He almost certainly would have stood higher than Selene and himself. But, for one reason or another, he betrayed them- giving away important information and plans. That is something no other Darkfriend could forgive. And certainly something the Great Lord would let go unpunished. Merean, a Black Sister, had done her best to kill him. Although she died in the process, even the Great Lord thought she had succeeded. Somehow, against all odds, he had managed to survive, without anybody knowing. Now it seemed he had gone public again, in this Imperial City. How he had got there was another mystery, not that it mattered. He had to be killed. This time leaving no chance of his survival.

?Survived? How?? Warren's eyebrows had risen in shock, as good as any other man fainting. Selene laughed softly, but obviously not in amusement. She also hated not knowing. ?I do not know my dear Warren, I do not know.? In a slightly sharper, more assertive, tone ?But it does not matter. We must hunt down, question and kill him. It also seems as though the Great Lord wants some sort of publicity, so others know not to cross him. Both in our world and the world in which the Imperial City exists in.?

A small smile crept onto the Warder's face. He liked publicity, it was always so much more fun. Especially the way in which most people would just stand there, gaping. Then running, screaming, when they realised his work was finished and could be next. Warren giggled slightly; oh so much fun.

?But how do we get there, Selene?? Eyeing the strange little box once again, he thought he knew the answer. And did not like it. Stasis boxes were some of the few leftovers from the Age of Legends. Only the Chosen possessed them and knew how exactly they worked.

His worry was felt by Selene through the Bond. ?I think you know the answer Warren. But do not worry, Moghedian gave me precise instructions on how to operate this one. Nothing will go wrong.? Her voice was so full of confidence Warren laughed. ?I know Selene, I know.?

The Aes Sedai returned to stare at the box, but this time she channelled Spirit. Of course Warren could not see the weaves, he was neither Female (and therefore physically unable to wield Saidar), nor could he channel. But he could feel it through the Bond, something he could not do when he first became Selene's Warder. A gift from Demandred, another of the Chosen.

Suddenly Selene's face lit up in a smile, and Warren let out a breath he did not realise he was holding. A tall vertical line of silvery light appeared, slicing the odd tree branch it touched. The line of light rotated 360 degrees, before opening up into a wide Gateway. Through it Warren could see a small room, in an Inn by the looks of things.

?It looks as if we will have to abandon the Horses, Selene. I don't think there was anything important in them, it should be safe to let them go.? Selene grimaced- she really did like her Stallion and it was well trained- but she knew Warren was right. Riding a horse through an Inn was hardly going to look good. After they had let the horses go they stepped through the Gateway, Warder first as was proper, followed by Aes Sedai.

The room was small, and not very well furnished. A simple bed was in one corner, with a small table and chair in the other. A frightened woman was pressed up against one wall, obviously too foolish enough to shout for help. A commoner, but quite pretty. ?Warren, I was told that the City will be clearly visible and very close to this Inn.? Nodding towards the woman the Black Sister said, ?She cannot be allowed to live. I know you haven't had any... fun, for a while now. Be quick. I shall wait just outside the Inn.?

?I'll be as quick as I can Selene. Although I'm not sure how quick that will be, not with this pretty little thing.? Warren smiled and evil smile, and quite mad as well. He traced one finger down the side of the woman's face, before throwing her onto the bed. Selene only rolled her eyes, before exiting. She started to walk down the stairs, but then remembered just how loud Warren liked to be. She poked her head back inside the room, ?Warren dear, I'll put up a Ward. Be as loud as you like.? With one last smile for the woman, who was already tied- naked- to the bed chair, and for Warren who was undressing as she spoke. ?Slit her throat when you are done.? The Aes Sedai let out a laugh before proceeding to exit the Inn.

Walking out the Inn she masked the Bond slightly. It would do no good for her to be getting as... excited as Warren was. With a sigh of content- the sun was very warm today- she looked to the right. There she could see the City, in the middle of a lake. The walls were a shining white, with a huge tower rising out the middle. For once Aes Sedai serenity left, if only for a few seconds. Her eyebrows rose, and her mouth hung open. This... this Imperial City could have been Tar Valon itself. Sure, it was nowhere near as big, nor as grand, but still. The likeliness was uncanny. Well, at least it will feel a little more like being home, she thought. Tar Valon, and the Tower, was her true home, and she did miss it when away for a long period of time. Settling herself to wait for Warren, she hummed an old tune. The feeling of success was already coming to her. Oh this is going to go very well indeed. The World will know the Great Lord's name.

Edited by Rahvin

OOC: Typical Malazan plot. 'Evil' character talks themself up via narration. 'Evil' character is subsequently talked up by other characters, and panic ensues. Often along the lines of "I have been imprisoned for so long, now there is no-one who can challenge me!" Two chapters later, the 'evil' character meets a short, sharp end at the hands of some random mortal or another. XD

Just had to point that out, as it was the first thing to come to mind reading the last paragraph of that post. :laughing2dw:

Guest Rahvin

OOC: Well I've never read anything Malazan, nor even heard of it before coming here, so you can't accuse me of copying :tongue:.

Guest Rahvin

Warren gave his handiwork one last satisfied nod before leaving the room. He sauntered down the stairs and through the inn. If anybody had stopped to give thought they might have thought it strange that he had not been seen coming in the inn, or going upstairs. Confidence was the key, he looked as if he was meant to be there and so nobody questioned him.

Stepping outside he saw Selene waiting over by the stables. The Warder walked over to her, the twinkle in his eyes evidence of his excitement. ?These are quite fine horses Selene. Not as good as the ones we left behind, but not bad at all.? The Aes Sedai only rolled her eyes, before pointing over her shoulder to the city. Warren's eyes widened slightly in the same surprise that had taken Selene upon seeing the city. ?Amazing... simply amazing. Small, of course, but just as breathtaking.?

Selene was wrapped in serenity, not letting anything show on her face. ?Yes it is rather interesting Warren, but we cannot let ourselves be distracted.? Heeling her horse she started off towards the city gates, with Warren following. ?While you were busy I talked with some of the locals. Our best bet is to try and find a Friend of the Dark. There are sure to be some here somewhere, and I can think of two places we may find them. Well two places we are most likely to find them. One is in the Waterfront district, the other in the Elven Garden district.?

?Selene, perhaps we should go find and Inn and get to know the city before starting or search.? He looked up to see the sun at its midday point. Getting out some bread he began to eat, while thinking. ?And to get to know the locals, that will certainly make our job easier.?

?No Warren. The city is, for the most part, a perfect circle. There are three districts that are out of the circle; the Waterfront, Prison and Arcane University. We shall begin our search at the Waterfront, before moving onto the Elven Gardens. I shall also like to visit this University, it is the home to the leading Mages.?

The Aes Sedai put so much scorn into that word that a passer by actually jumped backwards. ?Okay, okay, whatever you say Selene. Just out of interest, where did you find all this out??

?The stableman doesn't get paid much, a silver mark loosened his tongue. Anyway, he we are. It is time to impress these people Warren, so lets do it properly.? Indeed the pair were at the gate. The gate was quite large, and obviously very old. None the less it seemed to stand strong, so there must have been some kind of warding on it.

Side by side the Lord and Lady rode through the gate at a relaxed pace. Clam, confident and dignified they did make an impressive site. As was proper, Warren was the one to address the Imperial Watchman and take charge. Although this irked Selene, she let is pass. ?You there, guardsman.?

The guardsman gave his name and bowed awkwardly. Warren carried on, ?I am the Lord Warren Pendroval and this is the Lady Selene Pendroval.? The ?Lord? chose to give Selene's family name, rather than his. After all, she really was a Lady. The guard started to ask who exactly they were, but didn't get far before Selene cut him off.

?If you needed to know more, we would have told you more. Now child direct me to the nearest Inn. A fine Inn as well, I do not wish to be staying in some cubbyhole.? Warren flashed a warning down the Bond. Selene, let me do the talking. You know it isn't proper for the women to speak like that when their husband is there. Selene only gave Warren an irritated look.

The guardsman's eyebrows rose slightly, suddenly realising that between the two Selene was in charge, not Warren. Quickly he schooled his look before giving directions, and another jerky bow. The Warder grimaced slightly at the sound of a long ride, and at the guardsman's realisation. That will set tongues wagging. At least people will know we have arrived.

Once past the gates the pair rode through the streets for a while, both basking in the familiar sounds of city life. Hawkers shouting their wares, shopkeepers coaxing customers in to their stores and occasionally a heavily set man throwing an apparent troublemaker out of a tavern. All familiar and all welcomed. Both the Aes Sedai and her Warder felt truly at home in a city, even a strange city such as this.

After a while Selene placed a hand on Warren's arm, stopping him in the middle of the street. A few citizens cursed as they nearly walked into the horses, but Selene ignored them. ?Warren you go stable the horses at the inn, and get us some rooms. I'll head over to the Waterfront and see what I can find out.?

?Selene, you're going to look a little out of place in that district don't you think? Apparently it is full of beggars and thieves. Your hardly going to look inconspicuous.? Warren lips thinned as his Aes Sedai rolled her eyes again. ?On top of that, you'll have all the thieves there in a frenzy to get their hands on you.?

Selene pondered for a moment, not in indecision but in contemplation. She had not considered that last fact, but she thought it could work in her favour. ?If there are any Darkfriends there then they must have had some instruction from the Chosen on what to look out for. And they probably have had some warning that we will be coming to search. I think they will recognise who and what I am, which can only be a good thing.? She smiled a little, knowing that Warren would have no argument against that. After all, she was hardly defenceless- in fact she was much better protected than Warren.

About an hour later she was walking through the Waterfront, past a large ship. Selene could still feel Warren through the Bond, and while she couldn't say exactly where he was she could still walk right to him. Standing on the deck of the ship was a woman, who was almost certainly accomplished with the cutlass hanging at her side. Flanked by two bare chested men, that made her either Captain or First Mate. Selene frowned as the trio bore a hole in her back with their glare. Strange, they have no respect. Just pure hatred- I assume because of my riches. Even the guards here looked scruffy and ill treated. Perfect place for a Darkfriend, or perhaps a Prince in hiding. She laughed to herself, as she often did, at the thought of her luck running that high. Nobody has that much luck.

Finally reaching the end of the street she gave a sigh of relief. Already she was being followed by a man, who thought he was being stealthy. Just outside this last boat was a sign reading 'The Bloated Float'. A tavern, or perhaps and inn, it would be a good place to gather some rumours. She doubted that anybody would give anything up easily to her, not anything truthful, while she was apparently so rich.

Entering she strode to the bar, and took a seat. All seven patrons had fallen silent and scowled at her suspiciously, when she walked in. ?A spiced wine please, Master Inn Keeper. And get all these fellows a drink too.? She tossed a gold piece onto the bar, probably enough to buy all the drink in that place, but it was best to loosen up some tongues. Taking her wine, the Aes Sedai went to sit next to some fellow.

?Hello there, I am Mistress Pendroval, but you may call me Selene.? The man blushed at her informality. ?Oh... uh OK. Good afternoon, milady Selene.? He looked down into his mug, clearly embarrassed. She could here the other snickering behind her, but truly she did not care.

?I have not visited this great city in before in my long life, so I am just getting to know it a bit, before I choose my retiring home.? The explanation was clearly false to anybody who had some intelligence. From the sighs of relief (It wasn't an important noblewomen come to punish them after all), everybody had heard. If there was a Darkfriend in the crowd, they would have heard the lie and would come talk to her later. Making small talk with the fellow next to her, she sat back to relax a little. The wine was surprisingly good.

A couple of hours later the sun was starting to fall, and darkness was settling over the city. She warmly pressed a silver mark into the Fellow's hand. He would more than likely get mugged for that later, and killed. Selene only smiled at the thought- remembering some of her early days when she had actually found the idea of dealing death, however indirectly, quite horrifying. Nothing could really dampen her mood right now, she thought that Warren had settled quite nicely into the Inn and he himself was happy. More importantly there had been one fellow who kept glancing at her all evening. Selene did not believe in luck, but right now she thought she may indeed be the luckiest person alive. Finding Friends of the Dark usually took a good few days.

Standing she said her farewells, thanking the Inn Keeper for the wine. It was always good to be polite. Perfect, she thought as the man in the corner stood up as well. ?Milady, I was just off as well, as it happens. I wouldn't want anything to happen to you in the dark, so please let me escort you to the gate.? Now she had his attention, Selene thrust her thumbs in between her first two fingers. She barely suppressed a grin as the man's eyes widened in surprise and fear.

?I would be honoured to accept that invitation. Who knows what vile people may be lurking around in the dark.? With a gentle push the man stumbled out the door. Whispering into his ear, she prepared several weaves for if he refused to cooperate. ?Take me to your house, I need information. And you are going to give it to me.?

Edited by Rahvin

Guest Rahvin

OOC: Eh school today. First day back :(. I should have some time to write some more either tonight or over the weekend. Or perhaps even both :P.

Guest Rahvin

Warren was sitting on the bed, back to the wall, sharpening his belt knife when Selene walked in. She looked and felt delighted, absolutely gleeful. Warren knew she had had some kind of success a good number of hours ago, but he had still been worried. The Warder hated leaving her alone, even though he knew she could defend herself easily enough. But she had found something, or someone, tonight and that was all that mattered now.

?I guess congratulations are in `order` Selene.? She nodded, looking smug. A bottle of wine and a glass drifted over to where she was sitting, and seemingly poured itself of its own accord. She pulled some hair back away from her face, exposing a small splatter of blood. Warren grinned and pointed. ?You missed a bit Selene, luckily your hair was covering it. I don't think anybody would have seen it on.?

?Oh?, was all she said. Getting up she went over towards the wash basin. ?He seemed reluctant to tell me something, so I cut off half his arm.? Neither one of the pair seemed in the slightest put off by that, instead sounding completely natural. Like it was something they did every day. ?The blood was meant to go the other way.? Sounding vaguely amused, and a tad annoyed she added, ?It ended up coming straight at me.?

Sitting back down again the Aes Sedai began to recite her evening, up until the point she entered the Darkfriend's house. Then Warren began his tale, which was certainly less interesting. ?I didn't do much, Selene. Had a few wines and chatted to the serving women. I don't think there is, publicly, a high ranking noble in town. One that isn't usually in town that is. There really is very little going on. Apparently their Mage's Guild is loosing some of its reputation, and there were rumours that one of the Counts is a Vampire, although that is dismissed by everybody but the mad.?

Warren explained what a Vampire apparently was the Selene; they did not exist in her lands. The only thing similar to them was the Draghkar, except these Vampires did not have wings and did not necessarily sing.

The pair sat in silence, hardly even drinking, as they so often preferred. It allowed time to relax and reflect in peace, something which both the Aes Sedai and Warder valued. After a while a serving girl knocked on the door, offering more wine. Selene dismissed the wrench curtly, probably wanted to get into Warren's bed anyway. She could never quite manage to understand why a young, attractive, girl would want to bed an old man.

With their silent reverie broken they started talking again, for a time about nothing. They both wanted to talk about the same thing, yet for some reason neither was willing to bring it up first. The same thing often happened between the Selene and Warren, with the one winning just as often as the other. This time it was Selene who one. It is said Aes Sedai could teach a rock patience, when they wished.

?Fine you win.? Selene let of her second smug smile of the night. ?Now just tell me, please, what did you find out?? She took another sip of wine, her face deep in thought. Warren sat back, relaxed- he knew that look, she was merely trying to decide how to tell the story.

?I won't go into details, Warren, you already know my methods.? He certainly did. They often involved using whatever was at hand, be it a rake, knife or candle. If anybody revelled in causing pain, whether to gain information, or just for the sheer fun of it, Selene did. ?It is quite possibly Brys is in the city, but whereabouts it still unknown. However, apparently one of the Elder Councillors recently attained a new serving man. Heavily set and scarred he bears the look of a clever man. It could quite easily be Brys. I think we will pay this Lady Joline a visit.?

Smiling and nodding Warren began to get up. ?What do you think we will need, Selene?? The Aes Sedai's eyes widened a little. Usually Warren was clear minded enough to know that they would need a little time to prepare. He must truly be excited.

?Warren I have just murdered a man in the Waterfront. He may have been a beggar to the people in this city, but his death will be noted. We would not want people, however unlikely, to make the link between that incident, and us suddenly putting an Elder Councillor to the question. No that would not do at all.?

Warren's brows creased, thinking things through. He sat back down, shooting a sullen glower at Selene. He did not like being wrong. ?I guess that makes sense. Well in that case I think I will get to know the city's sewers. You never know when a quick, hidden, escape may be needed.?

?Very good Warren, that is a sensible idea. I wanted to pay this Arcane University a visit as well, it sounds like an... interesting place. I wander if they have duals here...?

OOC: Did a council mage just offer a random person the chance to stay in the University when it's in lockdown? O.o

And when there was recently a very large splatter of dead battlemage on the bridge leading in, and an escaped mage of Wizard rank missing? D:

*grumble*nobodykeepsupthesedays*grumble*

Guest Rahvin

OOC: Your right of course, I don't keep up with everything that goes on :angel1:.

*grumble*don'thaveenoughtimeforanythingthesedays*grumble*

Anyway, Selene can be very convincing. Use your imagination :tongue:.

Guest theinfamouskat

OOC: Even more importantly than Silencer's pointed out problem with this update:

1) All the captains stationed in the Imperial City have either fled the city or been killed since the events of Confrontation.

2) Irlav Jarol is DEAD as events of current take place after the completion of the Mage's Guild quest line.

If you don't have time to read everything, at least take time to read the synopsis. It's a bit long, but hardly could take as long to read as it would to write any of these story-posts. At the very least, if you're going to play in a realm that a major adventure is/has been going down in, PM someone. Ama, Morrigain, Silencer, q, myself, someone that HAS kept up with the storyline and make sure there are no blatant problems.

To bring you up to speed with the problems your characters now face in the realm: when I have poor Raminus come back from the evening's events, he's going to be FURIOUS that someone has allowed a stranger into the University and get someone from the Inquisitorial Commission over there to arrest the strangers, considering after Tankloc's little killing spree, the only thing the people of the Imperial City know is that they are looking for a foreigner with great magical power. Selene has just walked in at the most HORRIFIC TIME. And since the only one Raminus is going to ask to come is going to be Inquisitor Magnus Clementius, there's no real way to magic herself out of the situation.

So, that being said, you can either revise the previous post, or we can continue with things as mentioned. OR you can do a Silencer, break the time-space continum and pretend to have gone back in time BEFORE the events of Acte 1, which would technically move this to the vignettes thread. It's your call.

Guest Rahvin

OOC:

Well honestly I didn't realise that any of this stuff really took place after, before or during any particular quest line. Also (and perhaps more importantly) while I knew all of your (the people you mentioned) adventures were connected and intertwined, I never really thought that any others were really involved.

When I mentioned the captain it was not a reference to any particular person, just the first rank of significance that came into my head. That can change easily enough, it is not a big deal.

As for the "problems" Selene now faces, well I don't mind at all if you wanna involve the Commision. Just sent me a PM and I'm happy to work things out from there. Selene probably needs to be taken down a notch or two anyway.

If it is that much of a problem that it can't be fixed then I'll just rewrite the thing. I'll do whatever is easier for you guys, because I really don't want to mess you or your storyline around.

Edit: Oh and by the way I had read the summary, but had no idea that it had been updated...

Edited by Rahvin

Guest q21

ooc - In general we like to keep the stories in the main Adventure Forum that are set in the same location going along in step with each other to achieve a sense of one overall story. That's why the Vingette's Subforum was made, so that anyone who wanted to tell a story set in a different time period had the option to do so without causing confusion.

As to whether you rewrite or carry on from what you've done so far, that doesn't really bother me - so long as the stories carry on in such a way that people are happy with it.

Guest theinfamouskat

OOC: The only thing is, while I'm more than happy to sit back and let you continue to write, as this is RP at the core of storytelling, forcing the characters NOT to react is denying the characters to be who they truly are, and makes me sad. I'd hate to have you re-write everything when you've already put so much time, but at this point, moving it to vignettes is probably the best way to let you continue to tell the story as you so desire (I imagine you have some idea mapped out and everything, and I'd hate to conflict).

Whatever you'd like to do. :biggrin:

Guest Rahvin

OOC: Well I'm more than happy (in fact I think I would rather enjoy it) if your characters got involved and blah blah blah, as long as it doesn't have a negative impact on your storylines.

So, if you are happy to get involved then please send me a PM with anything you have in mind and we can go from there. If not I'll move this to the Vignettes sub-forum. (Actually you'll have to do that, I am unable to do more than close and delete topics in this area.)

Sign in to follow this