Sign in to follow this  
Koniption

Voice Actors - List of Possible Recruits

Ibsen,

I came across a new member at The Wormhole forums: Gelflin

She's an experience voice actor, and can do Argonian voices, too! (even has five fire-bellied newts). Here's a quote of what she replied to me:

Well met Koniption,

I would never turn down a chance to voice act, I love it when you hear an Argonian with the slight hiss as they speak and the deeper tones of the vocals.

I am sitting here doing an Argonian voice now *gosh* I am so beyond help! I have my own five little Argonians as inspiration anyway (Chinese Fire Bellied Newts). I used to do comedy burlesque acts (not the kind with the tassels thank you very much) traditional style cheesecake humour so I am never afraid of critique or making a fool of myself, actually I think thats just a personality trait Posted Image

I will be around so just yell if you need me

Carla

She was at The Wormhole to join Craftybits mod (of which I assured them I was not trying to steal her, lol). I said we might can use her voice skills, when Blackmarsh got into needing voice acting.

There's also The Voice Acting Alliance and The Voice Acting Club. As far as I can tell, they seem to be amateur VAs who are willing to do voice work in exchange for building a portfolio. Andalay and I have both looked at them to fill in the VA for DBC, but haven't gotten to the point of actually recruiting. (My fault. :blush: )I'm wondering if it might be worth posting an audition thread for all the Beyond Skyrim Mods and etc. They have certain rules for such threads, but I certainly think it would be useful for all the hosted mods.

Hi Amadaun!Oh, I did not know about those forums. Thanks for the links!But Gelflin might not be a member of any of those forums, though I have not scoured them to find out as such.I think I'm more or less using this thread for the "random", "detached", & otherwise more "obscure or lesser known" people who say they voice act.Gelfin might be famous for her voice acting for all I know, tbh.

A good female argonian voice is a rare thing indeed. If you can let her know, we'll be delighted to use her when the time comes, that would be great. I guess we should keep a record of names.

Hello all

I know that it's been almost  a year since this was posted on.

But if there's room for another voice acting part, I would be happy to help out. I know this isn't your primary concern but I would be thrilled if given the chance.

I have taken the liberty of doing a couple of voices for your listening pleasure. I hope you like them.

I decided to do voices of four characters, an An-Xileel revolutionary, a House Dres slaver (I did two versions, one with the raspy voice like in Morrowind and the other with a cleaner Oblivion like voice), an Imperial diplomat and a Khajiit mercenary.

I hope you take time to reply to this, it would mean a lot to work on a mod I've been following for so long!

George 

Khajiit Test Voice.mp3

Imperial Test Voice.mp3

Dunmer Raspy Test Voice.mp3

Dunmer Clean Test Voice.mp3

Argonian Test Voice.mp3

Hi George,

Those aren't bad! I think Ibsen has some competition for his Argonian voices. :P I like your clean Dunmer voice as well. You might suit Breton more than Imperial. I usually cast Imperials and Nords as having pretty deep voices and cast Bretons as tenors, which seems to fit your range better. Your recordings seem nice and clear, although they are a little on the quiet side.

I'm not sure if we're going to have any voice acting for Black Marsh or not. We've been working on it for Dark Brotherhood Chronicles for over a year and we're still not done. That would be Ibsen's call for Black Marsh.

Would you be interested in giving us a hand with DBC? It is the Dark Brotherhood, so I don't know if that interests you or not.

AB

I'd be happy to help out with the DBC, and doing the voice of an assassin would be very interesting  :)

The thing is, I didn't want my Imperial to sound too similar to my Dunmer clean voice, so I tried to go with something completely different. I would be happy playing a Breton though!

If you could send me in the direction to try out for DBC, the link to it's page or something, I'd be happy to try out for you guys!

George

Hey, those are good! :)

I'd be delighted to offer you some VA work.  The only problem is that it's not quite on my radar right now.  It's something I always had planned for release after the beta, when I could take a slightly more back-seat role.  Nevertheless, I've done a hell of a lot of voice work and worked with a lot of voice actors and I'm not joking when I say that's really good.

Hello there, I heard about these mods about a week ago, and I was wondering if you still needed any voice actors. If this is the case, I will be happy to do any sort of male voice in the mods at all, I have a deeper voice, so if you need anyone to be that sort of thing, I'd be more than happy to do it.

-Daniel Major Hodges

Certainly!  It's just a case of when.  This, however, is problematic in itself since I envisioned voice acting as the absolute final cherry on the cake once everything else was done.  Therefore, it's an exercise in perseverance.  If you can stick around for long enough to be there when we need you, then we'd love to have all the help we can get. :)