• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
Silencer

Dancer

Name: Dancer

Race: Human, caucasian

Appearence: The face and head were unremarkable; bristly short black hair, narrow fine features. No scars. The eyes, though, shone like jewels of jet...reasonably tall, and thin. He wears a gray cloak, over fine gray clothes, loose-fitting. No weapons.

Background: That's for you to find out.

For those of you who do know who this is, no telling, please. I want to develop him in reaction to other characters, and see where this leads. :smile:

Approval stamp, if you please!

Guest theinfamouskat

AH!! WHO HAS THE APPROVAL STAMP?!?!?!?!

Well, I've got one. But can't one of you go to another thread and go "Save As" or something? :tongue:

@Morrigain, I actually read Aradhel's bio while typing this...in case you hadn't noticed the similarities. ^^

I did (grey cloak? Unasumming? Just under 30? Scant backstory?). In fact...if I remember correctly...I know who this is. But I'll be quiet like a good girl and play like I don't, of course!

Guest q21

What? So frenzied maniacal laughter isn't allowed... I didn't say anything.

One question: Before or After?

Tropes!

Anti Villain - an assassin...working for the good of the world. Who would have guessed?

Dual Wielding - a knife and a...rope? O.o

Not Quite Dead - this is a definite.

Thirty Xanatos Pileup - oh, how this one fits!

Knife Nut - though one could argue that he's not really obsessed with the things, just bloody dangerous with them.

Dance Battler - um...*points at character name*

Menacing Stroll - a must have, see quote below.

Weapon of Choice - magic rope, plus shadow knife.

Career Killer - another must have, the man turned it into an art form, and then became a god dedicated to the thing...you don't get much more of a career-for-life than that. XD

Lacking psychological tropes. He's a regretful murderer, and a compassionate god, though he starts out as a bit of a manipulative, callous bastard. Oh, and arrogant, prior to his godhood. Which is strange. "The tired, almost bored stance. The carriage of absolute arrogance." - Night of Knives. Still one of the coolest moments in the series, considering it's a prequel of sorts, we knew who he was and how awesome he was, and that phrase came before his name. Fuck yes. I have a thing for the ridiculously cool/awesome characters...can you tell? XD

Guest q21

Yes, we can tell. A little surprised you haven't tried to play Paran yet...

Guest q21

Paran is not silly.

*stabz Silencer*

Guest J_Slr

I concur with Q

*stabz Silencer as well*

Oh gods.

*prays the Triumvirate doesn't find this thread as well*

But seriously...Paran has the lamest excuse for ascension ever - "I slept with the woman who would have been what I am now". XD

Or maybe that's the best excuse? :laughing2dw:

Sign in to follow this