Sign in to follow this  
Silencer

Dancer

Guest q21

so... his path to ascension may have been a bit unusual... but he certainly makes the most of being the goddamn master of the deck...

"High Fist, did you just save the world?"

He makes the most of it...pointlessly.

Releasing the Deragoth.

Bargaining with Hood.

Killing Poliel.

All of them were pointless. Considering the Hounds were enough to stop Dejiim Nebrahl on their own, Heboric was sufficient for the rain of Jade, though Hood may have had a hand in that (like bringing him back to life or something).

>.>

That is the most spoiler tags I've ever used on this forum, or in relation to the MBotF. Though probably unnecessary. *shrug*

Guest q21

I don't think Heboric would have stood a chance without Hood, and therefore Paran's, intercession. And yes, the hounds were enough to take care of Dejim but I pretty sure it needed the Deragoth to kill Poliel.

Guest J_Slr

*stabz Silencer*

For blasphemy.

Its not just that Paran is an ascendant and how he got there is irrelevant, its his whole attitude, right from the beginning!

"'The day you die, Shadowthrone' he said quietly, 'I will be waiting for you on the other side of that gate. With a Smile. Gods can die, can't they?' " - Ganoes Paran, Gardens of the Moon.

Guest q21

I would have thought that would be one of the harder places to be tough... but whatever.

Eh, if you've got nothing to lose, and are 'already dead', or as close to as possible - the guy clearly thinks he's going through the gate....well, it can't be that hard to work up a bit of courage. Or so I'd look at it. You could also be a snivelling wreck, as know you can't escape your own death...but yeah. I reject your reality and substitute my own! So there! :tongue:

Guest q21

So what about all the other times he's been like that with the gods?

Well, considering those were after his near-death experience, and, save one, after his little waltz through D and subsequent transformation into the Master of the Deck, the others can be reasonably explained by arrogance gained through seeming invincibility coupled with a slight personality quirk that tends to disregard danger.

Or something. I'm just coming up with this on the fly, you know. :laughing2dw:

Guest J_Slr

Basically you are upset that Paran isn't nearly as flashy as the other ascendants you like.....

Thread necro! But yeah, basically.

Oh, and if anyone has seen 'Ninja Assassin'....yeah, the kyoketsu shoge Raizu uses basically does what Dancer's rope does. In fact, this whole movie could be considered to fairly accurately represent the assassins of Malaz, only with less magic, and less knives. Oh, and I've yet to see a shuriken in Malaz, but whatever. Rapid-fire shurikens wtf?

Movie is awesome, running purely on Rule of Cool. Crap plot, weak characters...but they are just the necessities for the action! :P

<.< >.> For someone who's supposed to be shrouded in secret there's alot of information here. I didn't look at the spoiler tags, but..I can pretty much pick up on what type of character this might be. Either way, might want to tone down on the discussion if you really want him to remain a secret for a bit. :P

He's been in the Inn before (old, old character, lol), so a lot more is known now than was then. :tongue:

He's already been fairly revealed, iirc. :smile:

EDIT: Oh, and q, J_slr and I all already knew everything about this guy. I...uh...borrowed him from a book series, lol.

Sign in to follow this