• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
Morrigain

Sharn, again

Lethe took Temvi's hand and led her out on the street, shutting the Inn door behind them. It was evening, the streetlamps all aglow and the walkways bustling with people. No one seemed to pay them any mind. The changeling looked around and blinked. This was not same part of Sharn where the Inn had been before. In fact...

She raised her eyebrows at the familiar facade of the theater that stared innocently at her from across the street. Rudely, the theater made no reply.

"Well that's cute," she muttered with a glance back at the Inn. "Dear, you don't remember this door being here when we came by earlier, do you?"

OOC: :D

"As long as she doesn't decide to beat me over the head with a prop sword or something..."  Slipping her fingers through Lethe's, she nodded.  "Right beside you, dear one."

Lethe strode up and pulled on the double doors - and gave an overbalanced skip back when they were locked. She pulled out her pocketwatch and made a face. "Real cute," she chuckled. "Come on. Back door."

"This close to an opening night? She works late. Paperwork press stuff. Usually. Sometimes." Lethe motioned Temvi around the side of the building, down a short flight of stairs and into an alley with an unassuming door. She dug into her pocket for the key.

OOC: I'm having too much fun being mean. :D

"I beg your pardon. I only get jumped down here once a year or so. It's quite safe." Lethe got the door open, peered inside, and squinted at the nigh pitch-black gloom long enough to work out which few lights were on. Her smile went brittle. She closed the door and gave it a pointed, withering stare. "Yay."

OOC: ...Lethe does not share my enthusiasm.

"I hate being here when it's empty and the lights are off. Me and the ghostlight have a long-standing feud. Three guesses why." Lethe rolled her eyes and marched inside. "Hello?" she called. 

"Yes?" came a distant voice down the hall.

"Is that Tes?"

"I'm in my office!"

"Did you have to turn off all the lights?"

"The hell is a ghostlight?" Temvi wondered, half to herself, before slipping her arm around her lover's shoulders and raising her voice.  "It's me and Lethe!"

OOC:  Temvi is not theater-literate.  :lmao:

"The lovebirds? Come on back!"

"I'll show you in a bit," said Lethe under her breath, feeling her way down the hall toward the doorway that had light spilling out of it. "Actors are superstitious. It's great."

"Well...at least she doesn't sound like she wants to skin me.  Yet."  Temvi giggled under her breath.  "Maybe she's just luring me into her web."

"Why would she want to skin you?" Lethe's voice was a bit brittle. She hoped her lover couldn't tell that the hair was standing up on her skin, just a little. Silly of her. She picked her way down to Tes's office and poked her head in. "Okay, I know that some of these lights are expensive, but you don't have to work like a monk."

"Says you. You don't do the budget." Tes moved a stack of papers off to the side of her desk, barely looking up. "So are you two eloping?"

Lethe sighed. "Well, the first bit is that I have no idea when I'll be back to work, since this whole other-world thing is making things nice and complicated. So I'd say that for all budgetry intents and purposes we're eloping, but then you'll start rumors."

Temvi blushed even darker, managing to mumble, "Next time I need to ask you what you're going to say before you say it.  Damn actor changelings.  My brain is jumping to conclusions now."

Lethe leaned over and kissed her cheek, lacing her fingers through Temvi's.

Tes looked up sharply, setting down her pen. "So what happened?"

Lethe's grip went almost painful.

OOC: Sorry for the one-thread posting. I'm writing like a madwoman in another window.

Edited by Morrigain

There was a long, long silence. "Wait," said Tes, very slowly, "is this the same guy who...?"

"Yeah."

Tes's eyes flicked back and forth between the two of them until it was clear this wasn't a joke, and then she put her face in her hands. "Godsdammit, Lethe," she groaned, "what did you do?"

OOC: *ducks*

"She didn't do anything!" Temvi snapped.  "I picked him up to study his head and my ex decided to get revenge!  It's not her fault, and if you say it is, I'm going to break your face!"

Sign in to follow this