This site is provided for your use, alongside the rest of the member base, given that a certain standard of behaviour is maintained at all times. To this end, the following rules are to be followed by all users of the site when posting here, whether they are posting in the public or private forums, including the project sections:
- Hate speech is forbidden - this includes racism, sexism, homophobic and religious intolerance, as well as other forms of bigotry. Harassment of other members in any form is also expressly forbidden.
- 'Trolling', 'flaming', 'flame-baiting' or other deliberately antagonistic forms of posting are not allowed on this site. Accidental provocation of other members will result in a warning for a first offence, and subsequent offences will be treated as deliberate.
- Promoting illegal activities such as warez, piracy, scams, pyramid schemes, child pornography, phishing or spreading malware is forbidden.
- Do not post sexually explicit images on the forum.
- Spam, including the use of automated posting methods such as bots, or repeated promotion of your personal website without administrative approval, is not allowed.
- Do not provide another user's email address or personal information in the public forums without their prior consent.
- Posting of libellous claims against another party, or providing links of any kind to promote the activities of known copyright violators, code thieves, and so forth is also forbidden.
The above rules additionally apply to any content (files, images) uploaded to, or linked to, on the site and:
- Any content that would typically be awarded a PEGI 16 or ESRB Mature rating or higher in the UK/US film and video game industry must be clearly labelled as being "Adult Only" when uploading files and images, and topics that discuss or contain similar content must be marked the same or "Not Safe For Work" [NSFW].
- Furthermore, swearing and foul language is not permitted in topic titles, member titles or user names (display names or forum aliases). Your user name must use Latin based characters only and be readable by other forum members.
- Excessive foul or vulgar language is not permitted anywhere on the forums. Casual swearing is permitted.
- The administration of this site reserves the right to add, change, remove, or otherwise adjust the above rules at any time. Where possible, notice of these changes will be provided before they occur.
- The administration further reserves the right to make judgments on any material posted that does not clearly fall within one of these rules but is deemed to be offensive or falls outside the confines of general decency.
In order to ensure that all material on The Assimilation Lab adheres to these rules, full administrators (System Administrators and Administrators) have access to all forums, galleries and download areas, including those areas private to team members. Confidentiality is guaranteed and no administrator will divulge personal information, creative content or any other information deemed "private".
Failure to Adhere to These Rules:
While each infraction will be handled on a case by case basis, repeated violations of the rules will typically be handled as follows:
- First Infraction = Warning via PM or on-thread. Your post may be edited for content if necessary
- Second Infraction = Warning and possible temporary suspension of account for up to 1 week.
- Third Infraction = Suspension from posting for an amount determined by moderation staff of no less than 1 month.
- Fourth Infraction = Permanent suspension from the site. This means we ban your IP from reaching the front page or reading the forums. You are no longer welcome.
Particularly severe cases may warrant additional or alternative action, including involvement of law enforcement agencies - the above list is merely a guideline.
Edited by AndalayBay, 20 May 2015 - 02:13 AM.