• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
Amadaun

Godtouched

The two bodies fell through cold darkness for what felt like hours, tumbling end over end. The boy's hands dug into Tamina's shoulders, refusing to let go.

Finally, there was light. They hit the ground hard, rolling over several times before they came to a rather sudden stop against a tree. The boy recovered first, pushing himself up to his knees, and brushing his hair out of his face. He looked around and a grin spread over his face. "I did it! At least, I think I did it. This doesn't taste like any world I've traveled to before. I didn't think I could do this in a seed, and now look at me. Well, we're somewhere, at least. I do hope it's the right somewhere."

OOC: This is how Chayka jumped from world to world back when she was traveling. Basically - what she did waaaaaaay back on the first time she showed up at the Inn. :devil3:

OOC: Hoo boy.

Quick note - Tamina's part of the world is toasty and tropical, though she entered the Inn from an area on the coast that's more farmland and less HOSHIT GIANT RAINFOREST.

Tamina got to her knees and stopped, wondering if she was going to be sick and staring at the leaf litter under her hands. The sun was warm on her back, the din of birds and cicadas around them almost deafening, and the air...green, rot, distant scent of the sea that was so strange after years in Azafran, thick and humid at the close of the rainy season...

"Where...?" she tried.

Where, piped a little echo-bird somewhere above them. Where, where-where, where-where.

"Oh gods." She closed her eyes. When she opened them it was the same leaf litter, her same white gloves smeared with mud from their landing, all the same. "Oh gods. H-how did you -?"

Didyou, trilled the bird. How. Did. Didyou how. Ohgods. Ohgods ohgods. The rest of the flock took up the call.

Ohgods ohgods ohgods.

The boy was dancing in circles, hugging himself. "I traveled! Oh - the birds talk! Or mimic. That's funny. I like that." He stopped dancing for a moment, looking down at her. "I didn't break anything on you, right? Are we in the right place? I just guessed."

Tamina took a few careful, deep breaths, slowly levering herself up to her heels and using the tree to help herself stand.

Six - she was back home. Well. Her world. If she could smell the sea they couldn't be anywhere near Azafran. Which was...good, right?

"Take us back," she managed, faintly. Back-back, echoed the birds in the tree above them. Back, back-back, back-back-back. "You have to take us back. Now."

The boy frowned. "Oh. Well, that's no good. Maybe I should try again, but closer. I've never jumped from one place in a world to another in the same world. Could be fun. I wonder if we're near where that next avatar-thing is supposed to show up."

"No. No. The only place you're jumping is back, do you understand? A-and that boy isn't even your body, you can't drag him from world to world just because it's fun!"

The boy blinked. "Oh - I should have been clearer. My apologies. That's not my real body, either. It just happens to be my main one. This shouldn't be so confusing, should it? I mean, your gods don't have bodies of their own, do they?"

"No, but -" She made a tiny exasperated noise. "Gods, you greedy, self-centered little monster, why do you need more than one?! There are so many things wrong with you!"

OOC: Yeep

There was a long silence as the boy turned around and looked at her. "I don't know why I need more than one. I don't know how I work at all. Things just happen, and I don't know how to stop them. Don't take that self-righteous tone with me, when you're on a mission to find a child to sacrifice to your mad little god."

"Right. So, you don't annoy me with your little human judgements, and I don't bring that up. Let's get moving already. I want to find what sort of place this is."

OOC: Fffffffffffffffff. I've been doing archery club administrative paperwork all evening. Not even close to done. Haven't even started the seven-page paper I wanted to finish tonight so that I could devote all of tomorrow to my screenplay. AUGH. I'm doing the responsible thing and giving up before my brain turns to mush. :lmao:

...Also, the seven page paper is on James Joyce. AUGH.

Tamina leaned back against the tree, the motion carefully casual. She glanced down at her fingers, thoughfully, wincing a bit at the mud stains on her white gloves. "How long can you keep control of that boy's body?" she asked. "Out of curiosity."

Edited by Morrigain

OOC: James Joyce? You have my deepest, deepest sympathies. *wince* Which book, or is it just a general one?

"Again, I don't know. I tend to switch the control on and off as I please, though I've never had quite this much before. Why? Do you want to talk to him?"

OOC: *is not sure I can play a convincing Vilandon, but...I can try!)

OOC: Portrait of the Artist. I mean, it could be worse. Lots worse.

[tangent] Speaking of deeply oddball sexuality, however, someone in my poetry class posted a poem for workshop entitled "If You Could Fuck Any Muppet, Which Muppet Would You Fuck?" (the answer was, apparently, Beaker). And I am apparently the only one in the class with an INCREDIBLY FILTHY mind. Because she put all these quiet little entendres in the poem and NO ONE GOT IT EXCEPT ME. I blame you guys. [/tangent]

"I'm not sure. Will he remember what just happened?"

OOC: Indeed. Totally my fault. *nods* Also, it sounds like someone's been seeing Avenue Q. (Also - seriously - if you're going to go that route, go with Gonzo. I mean - he's got the sense of adventure, the flamboyance, the nose... *goes to hell*)

Finnegans Wake...AIGH. (Or worse, his love notes...*scrubs off skin*)

"If I want him to."

OOC: Apparently the most popular answer is Animal. (And as a result of this, "hot felt-on-felt action" and "it's not gay if it's a Muppet" are now class memes)

"Do you want him to?"

"Interesting, sure. And traumatizing." She studied the boy. "The avatars can never remember anything when one of the Six possesses them. It's...well. I used to think it was easier for them that way."

"It's probably more traumatizing to wake up and find himself in a new world, covered in mud, with a woman he probably doesn't recognize," the boy pointed out. "I've blocked off what, precisely, I did to him when I planted the seed in the assassin. If his main mind figured that out, he'd likely snap like a twig."

Sign in to follow this