Is it too much to ask a movie theater to actually be capable of playing the movie you want to see?

Today I went to a relatively new theater expecting to see Spectre, but instead was treated to twenty minutes of nothing after the scheduled start time before I ended up complaining to management about it, and then...

Only audio. The fucking projector wasn't working.

Congratulations, that theater, you succeeded in making me walk out. +10 embarrassment points.

We had something like that happen in a theater here with Terminator 3. The first few minutes of the film played without sound. Once the audience realized, they started filling in the effects themselves. It was hilarious at first, but after another few minutes, someone finally complained and they started over from the beginning. Some dummy hit the audio switch when changing over to the feature reel. :P

That incident led the theater to have a staff member walk through when the feature is supposed to start and make sure everything is working.

So +10 audience points for being chill about it, and +10 props for the company responding in a positive way so it never happens again. Harkin's Theaters for those who are curious btw :P

Edited by Arthmoor

I'm not sure about other theaters, but since that incident Harkins has taken to regularly sending a staff member to walk through to make sure everything is still on track.

I don't know the details here. However, here you can get your money back if you don't like the movie, so I'd say that if there was a technical problem, you'd get your money back.

Start at the beginning with The Colour of Magic and read through in the order in which they were written. They're all good, and what happens in earlier books is sometimes referenced in later books.

Start at the beginning with The Colour of Magic and read through in the order in which they were written. They're all good, and what happens in earlier books is sometimes referenced in later books.

Which is more or less what I meant - but not what I said.

There are a number of different threads in the series and as you progress you can pick and choose more but generally they build up one concrete world.