(Warning: video contains spoilers for Clannad)

This scene is so powerful... words can't describe it.

Context: five years after his wife, Nagisa, died giving birth to  Ushio, Tomoya was finally reunited with her. Though Tomoya didn't want to, and tended to mistreat Ushio, they went on a trip up to the north, where Tomoya met his grandmother, and learned of just how much his father, whom he reviled, sacrificed for him. His father gave up everything for him, and he did nothing but hate him for it. Tomoya finally found it in his heart to love his father again. Here, he vowed he would be a better father for his daughter, and it ultimately came to this.

Edited by Thomas Kaira

Where does the branching start? Is there a flowchart somewhere to help show the connections?

There isn't any branching. Rather it is one continuous time-line throughout all the books, in the order in which they were published. Within the complete set of books, there are some characters which recur as the primary characters in 3 or 4 books, so people who don't want to read the entire set may pick out just the books centred on particular characters. For example I believe there are three books about the three witches, and there are perhaps two books which concentrate on Death, around five about the wizard Rincewind, four or five centred on the city watch of Ankh-Morpork. Other than the first two books (The Colour of Magic and The Light Fantastic) I do not believe any book directly follows on from any other book, each is its own story and could be picked up and read on its own with no confusion as to what has happened before.

Not noticeably, no. Some new spell in one book may be referenced in a later book, a particular character may be introduced in one book and appear in another book with different characters from a previous book, the patrician of Ankh-Morpork may change the law which could be referenced in a later book, some technology may be invented which is used in a later book. But if you haven't read the previous book(s) then you wouldn't know it was a reference to a previous book.

Ah, okay. I was under the impression that key plot points were referenced. I think I was getting the branching mixed up with another series, maybe Wheel of Time? Not sure...

Anyways, I still need to read Discworld. I'll look and see what I can find in terms of compilations, that'll be much easier to keep organized than having a bunch of books on the shelf. :)

Ah yes, the series with the new timeline. They created an excuse not to follow any of the existing lore, so they can do whatever they like.

So a friend of mine wanted to get her boyfriend an Ant-Man shirt for Christmas. I can safely say they don't exist down here.

She couldn't locate one so I offered to look when I went to the mall to do my shopping. I go through the usual stores first, no luck. I wander around, thinking, and see a Hot Topic.

I wander more, not wanting to go in there. See nothing, think of nothing. I go in to Hot Topic. Death Metal is blaring, I prefer Power Metal. Not a good combination. I look anyways.

Plenty of Deadpool. Deadpool is awesome, she wants Ant-Man. No Ant-Man. At Hot Topic. Ant-Man shirts don't exist down here. No Ant-Man at Hot Topic.

I survived.

• Like 1

You are more brave than me. I did all my Christmas shopping online. :P

I'm not going back to Hot Topic if I can help it. :P

I was on the right track! They had it on their website but in the wrong size! I found Ant Man! Walmart's website had it! :D

Sigurd, why is Vader wearing a corset....?

Crossover time! Seriously, a Borg cube versus a Star Destroyer would be awesome as hell. It'd make an excellent wallpaper but I haven't been able to find an image like that. :(

That'd be pretty easy to photoshop together.  What screen size would you like?  :D

As everyone knows, I like spotting little oddities in my game time. Here's one from yesterday:

gallery_745_23_34855.png

A town in the middle of the lake! It sure is cramped! Now, my question is, why is a town in the middle of a lake? Is it the remnants of Atlantis?

I've been looking through my screenshot archive and I've got a couple that'd fit a thread of "Weird things in games". Would there be much interest in such a thread? I don't have enough screenshots myself but I can certainly try to get it going.

• Like 1

We have one already, for Oblivion anyway.

We are getting free previews of various movie networks right now and I'd say that a network called Hollywood Suite has a great sense of humour. Last night (Christmas night) they played The Exorcist followed by Rosemary's Baby. Lovely Christmas fare! :rofl:

So a more general thread wouldn't be worth putting together? Most of mine are not Elder Scrolls related, I hardly ever really played the games after getting to a certain point before I moved to analyzing various aspects of them. I get bored fast in games. :P