• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Leaving IP.Board   11/13/2017

See full announcement here.
    • AndalayBay

New Theme Set Up   11/14/2017

We have a new theme created by Vincent that's now available to everyone. It has been set as the default theme, so everyone should see it when you refresh the page. If you still aren't seeing it, you can select it from the Theme drop-down at the bottom of the page. It's called Assimilation. Thanks Vincent. Awesome looking theme!

3 hours ago, Malonn said:

Lol.  I really wasn't implying you're old... I just haven't heard anything about Dallas since the early 90's.  I'm not a baby: Generation X here.

It's all relative. And no offence was actually taken :)

Yeah, Dallas (and Dynasty later) was such a big thing back in the day. Sic transit and all that. I believe there has been talk now and then of a reboot - but I'm inclined to think a series about fossil-fuel oligarchs would attract only a certain niche demographic these days. (Hmm, how about making the Ewings coal barons in West Virginia?)

4 minutes ago, AndalayBay said:

Jimi says that he was impressed that Larry Hagman got a decent job after "I Dream of Jeannie"... ;)

I rather liked that, actually. (But I don't think it was actually shown in the UK at the time it came out. So by the time I saw any of it, I guess it had acquired a kind of period charm.)

Ah, Dallas! The only thing that burned off these dendrites was the reflective glass on the 1980s Dallas skyline in the intro.

Glassley!!! But cool inside, no doubt, at least until the Hag strides in through the foyer!

Edited by Schtearn

I really liked both as a kid. Watching them as an adult though, I can't remember why I liked them. The sexist attitudes really turn me off, even though at the time (as I understand it), they were fairly groundbreaking female roles. At least in bewitched. I keep wanting to shout at Darrin, "Who are you to tell her not to use her powers!". lol

Edited by RavenMind