• Announcements

• AndalayBay

SSL Installed   05/29/2018

Second IP obtained. The issues with IPv6 have also been fixed, but we can't switch to HTTPS until we switch forum software. We can't switch to HTTPS without a current license with IPS.

The exhaust vent is explained, don't recall any other of VM's queries being explained though.

Spoiler

The designs for the Death Star were drawn up by someone being forced against his will to produce a planet destroying weapon. He intentionally designed this weakness and had the designs sent to Princess Leia so that they would know how to blow up the Death Star. She then hides the plans in R2D2 and launches him in an escape pod to Tatooine when Vader captures her ship.

Mine aren't, they're too thick. I could have bigger displays if they were physically the same size but the bezel was 5mm instead of 2.5cm

On 2018-02-04 at 7:38 AM, Schtearn said:

Star Trek 2009 was screened over here. A kind of a bim bam biffo fratty patchwork reboot lacking the gentle touch of the original, but the plot held everything altogether, almost. The quality of production and performances certainly entertained.

The attempt at light relief with Keenser was laughable.

ziwAlwN.png

The other one was better. :D

I refrained from replying to this because I decided to see if anybody had seen any of the new movies. Sadly it appears not. See the new ones, they're awesome, other than the first one. :D

NASA used to have a page where the public could submit ideas to them but the standard contact form is limited to 250 characters, which is kind of silly as things can undoubtedly become quite lengthy. I can't find their old ideas form, though. Is anyone familiar with this stuff? I could send them a written packet but I'd prefer to send them my concepts and theories electronically if I can as that would be easier for me. Or I could just show up on their doorstep, it's not like their Florida center is all that far from me. :P

https://www.theverge.com/2018/2/21/17035988/netflix-lost-in-space-reboot-streaming-april-13th-trailer-watch

Why do we need yet another one...?

Unrelated: Samsung now makes a 30 TB SSD for some reason. Great for servers but I doubt many people need such a thing for their home systems (I realize they can be handy for work such as video processing, hence why I say home! :P). :P

So I'm trying to watch Agents of Shield but they seem to have left out something important: the entire premise....? The first two episodes just jumped into action without actually explaining anything so I have zero clue what's going on. It's almost as if they forgot to film a season before season one. Yeah, I'm not sure I'm going to bother if they can't be bothered coming up with a plot.

Just now, Visceral Moonlight said:

Yep. I watched through number three but was so lost I didn't bother watching number four tonight. I had no clue what was going on! Or anything about the characters!

I didn't think it was that bad. It pretty much follows on from the Avengers movie. They do eventually explain what's going on though. It's definitely worth watching the first couple of seasons until that story arc is done. Then it sucks for a season or two. Now it's starting to get better again. :P

What's everyone's favourites in the Voyager series? Saw Living Witness for the first time, must be one of the best- but haven't seen them all.

Jamahl Episcophan of Jammers Reviews writes that Living Witness:

"is a standout story that is well told and thoroughly engaging. It features a central problem that is both relevant and unique. I haven't seen a Voyager outing quite like this one, and it pleases me to take in a story that can get its hooks into us for an hour and make us care about what's happening on the screen...."Living Witness" isn't quite perfect, but it manages to pull off a balancing act of Voyager-esque elements and come off wonderfully. It's original and entertaining, and it made me care about the characters, the most important of whom weren't even Voyager crew members."[1]

The second flashback jump right at the end did for me. Perfect!

He has a sharper eye than I, as there were seemingly no obvious faults- could you see any?