• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!

Posted (edited)

Creative Lab forums have

been discontinued as there is very low participation of the forum...

Well, there was a fairish throughput last time I looked. But over the years there were only two knowledgeable folks who actually answered all the queries. Seems like they wanted a change of scenery. ;)

Edited by Schtearn

12 hours ago, Sigurd Stormhand said:

Also, come visit, I'll correct your misapprehensions for you.

*hisses at the humidity*

Posted (edited)

Moorcock once called Tolkien a crypto-fascist. He has since relented a bit from that stance, but the story behind that starts in Epic Pooh. In there, essentially he admits that Tolkein writes well enough, but the underlying tone in the prose does not ring true. It's an interesting essay which introduces excerpts exhibiting styles from other fantasy writers, but to properly engage in a plausible critique of Tolkien and Lewis, we want more than just 5 pages of blah!

Edited by Schtearn

Nexus is giving away a Steam gift card worth 70 GBP. You need to leave a comment in the news article about the contest and then submit an entry for a chance to win.

The Diamond Python is a nice looking snake. Put a couple of those in that hospital and their ferret problem would get sorted in no time. :D

So I've been away for a few weeks.  Want to know why?  Because I have a new niece, that's why!

37788733_10155873663858897_6632866906023919616_n (1).jpg

One of her big brothers holding her:

37779868_10155873663938897_703515922257674240_n.jpg

The former youngest protesting by putting his beloved Bear into her swing:

38251040_10155895584478897_8636326436434608128_n.jpg

And one of her cousins getting to hold her ("THHHHHPT!"):

38444373_10155901005663897_990923494344622080_n.jpg

I have been awake for a month and a half save me