• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!

That's not the movie I was thinking about.  I think I'll watch it though.  Are there certain genres you cannot handle in general, AB, or just the occasional film or two?

I don’t like horror. I like thrillers and suspense, but horror is just too stupid, usually, so it frustrates me at the same time as scaring the crap out of me. :lmao: The only other genre I don’t like is romantic comedy because they’re pretty dumb too. :P I list some of my favourite movies here: 

I have a few more to add to that list.

Cool, I'll take a look.  I watch all genre's, but like a good suspense movie.  Black Butterfly is a lesser known but good suspense movie--with a neat twist at the end too. 

Amadaun, check this out. A woman after your own heart! Also, I own that knitting machine, except I don’t have the motor. My mother-in-law did. She created the patterns on computer, fed them into the machine, set it up with the motor and then would go do other stuff while it knitted a sweater. :rofl: Oh, and she was in her eighties!

My mother found a bunch of old 70s-90s comics at a thrift store and gave them to me as a late birthday present.  They're amazingly awful and I love them.

:rofl:

Canadian woman wins Nobel Prize for Physics. Women rock! :D

As a graduate student, Donna figured out how to make lasers more powerful. Previously, a powerful laser would destroy the equipment used to generate it. Donna lengthened the laser beam, which made it dimmer and then increased the strength of the lengthened beam. She then compressed the beam back again, making for a more powerful laser that’s now used in laser eye surgery and tumour treatments. Talk about thinking outside the box!

19 hours ago, Amadaun said:

My mother found a bunch of old 70s-90s comics at a thrift store and gave them to me as a late birthday present.  They're amazingly awful and I love them.

Marvel comics?  You could have some money there if they're in good condition.

3 hours ago, Malonn said:

Marvel comics?  You could have some money there if they're in good condition.

Oh, they're not that good.  And also DC.  And no one wants this shit.

I'm currently reading a comic where Superman is part robot, Superboy has a DOPE haircut and yellow wrap-around sunglasses, and Evil Superman/Boy (?) was literally ejaculated from a robot's groin.  Including gooey white fluid everywhere.  After Superboy yelled: "CREAM HIM!"

The only money I'd make off of this is scanning it in and screaming into the void for the internet's approval.

Lol.  Sounds like you have some colorful comics there...

Oh yes, DC has some valuable comics too.  Marvel and DC are the giants.