• 12,338 posts
A pickaxe and about eight hours of work over four days. :P

Malonn

Malonn

Cave Bear

• 69 posts

Shoo!  Good exercise though.

My Mods (Oblivion Only):

There are others, but most will be taken down soon.

Visceral Moonlight

Visceral Moonlight

Magma Golem

• Wild Nuts
  • 12,338 posts
It's gotten me into shape!

Unrelated: how was Batman able to keep his lair a secret during construction? He had to get all that heavy equipment down there somehow, did he just eliminate the people involved? I suppose he could have, he had the physical prowess and the money to hire a hit-man.

Vorians

Vorians

Fluffy Hypercubical Monitor Lizard

• Better Cities
    • Valenwood Islands
    • Black Marsh
  • 1,762 posts

But not the mentality. He would probably have bought them new lives in another country.

Malonn

Malonn

Cave Bear

• 69 posts

Nope, nope.  It was only him and Alfred doing the work.

My Mods (Oblivion Only):

Visceral Moonlight

Visceral Moonlight

Magma Golem

• Wild Nuts
  • 12,338 posts
I don't understand! In the first case, you have hundreds of people to keep quiet. In the latter, hundreds of man-hours digging with a shovel and lugging all the mainframes into a cave. I don't think the premise was well thought out. I haven't seen a comic that explained it either unless I missed it. :P

Malonn

Malonn

Cave Bear

• 69 posts

Well, if you go the help route, you can keep what each worker knows to a minimum.  Maybe have them do the heavy lifting, but Bruce, Alfred, and maybe Lucius, set everything up.  "Hey, this is just a sophisticated entertainment center for my man cave.  I need to get away from the wifey every so often."

My Mods (Oblivion Only):

Visceral Moonlight

Visceral Moonlight

Magma Golem

• Wild Nuts
  • 12,338 posts
Here was my morning: my grandfather and I went to do some work on some back roads. We get close and the weather starts looking questionable so we turn around. We take a closer look and it looks like it'll pass so we turn back and start to make our way to the roads again. We get there, the roads are out from being underwater so we can go no further. We turn around and get to the gate, it starts pouring. We go to his house to fix the clock in his other car, my grandmother has taken the car to run some errands. So we decide to get a sandwich for lunch. The sandwich shop is gone. We think about going to get a calzone, they're not open yet.

Yes, it's been an inefficient day. :P

Vorians

Vorians

Fluffy Hypercubical Monitor Lizard

• Better Cities
    • Valenwood Islands
    • Black Marsh
  • 1,762 posts

Who stole the sandwich shop?!

Visceral Moonlight

Visceral Moonlight

Magma Golem

• Wild Nuts
  • 12,338 posts
No idea! It was my favorite sandwich shop too!

AndalayBay

AndalayBay

#ffc0db Wildebeest under #0000ff Flying Shoes

• Unofficial Morrowind Patch
    • Dark Brotherhood Chronicles
    • Black Marsh
    • Wild Nuts
    • The Brotherhood of Old
    • TES3Gecko
    • Better Cities
    • Collective
  • 11,925 posts

It got washed away along with the road.

Madam, you have between your legs an instrument capable of giving pleasure to thousands, and all you can do is scratch it!
-- Attributed to Thomas Beecham in reference to the performance of a female cello soloist

Visceral Moonlight

Visceral Moonlight

Magma Golem

• Wild Nuts
  • 12,338 posts
But I don't want a road in my sandwich! Ice cream, sure, but not my sandwich!

AndalayBay

AndalayBay

#ffc0db Wildebeest under #0000ff Flying Shoes

• Unofficial Morrowind Patch
    • Black Marsh
    • Wild Nuts
    • The Brotherhood of Old
    • TES3Gecko
    • Better Cities
    • Collective
  • 11,925 posts

Then it'd be a rocky road.

Madam, you have between your legs an instrument capable of giving pleasure to thousands, and all you can do is scratch it!
-- Attributed to Thomas Beecham in reference to the performance of a female cello soloist

Visceral Moonlight

Visceral Moonlight

Magma Golem

• Wild Nuts
  • 12,338 posts
Better rocky than sandy!

Visceral Moonlight

Visceral Moonlight

Magma Golem

• Wild Nuts
  • 12,338 posts
Jekyll and Hyde, while fun, had some holes in the story. For instance, Hyde didn't destroy the drug even though he destroyed most of Jekyll's stuff. Destroying it would ensure that he remained in control. Lots of little things like that that don't add up.

Visceral Moonlight

Visceral Moonlight

Magma Golem

• Wild Nuts
  • 12,338 posts
I have just finished carving up a stick of very hard wood into a walking stick with just my pocketknife. I think I need to sharpen it now....

Amadaun

Amadaun

Himalayan Jumping Bean

• The Brotherhood of Old
    • Collective
    • Black Marsh
  • 36,904 posts

I require pictures.  *loves hand-woodworking*

I need to remember where I put my first walking stick made of VERY old cedar wood.  I can dust off one that I made from pine and gave to my mother.  It's not as beautiful as most, but I love how soft pine wood is and how easy it is to smooth down.  I probably need to refinish it anyway.  I use mineral oil to bring out the grain and carnauba wax to seal it.  Because I don't want to stain it.

*babbles about hobby*

gallery_2_13_8431.jpg

Visceral Moonlight

Visceral Moonlight

Magma Golem

• Wild Nuts
  • 12,338 posts
I can get pictures.

I like the hardwoods, myself. They're not as easy to work with but I like the solid feeling when I carry them. :)

The one I'm making now is for my grandfather and it'll get heavy outdoor use so I'm planning to varnish it to better protect it. I made one out of oak ten years ago and didn't use any product at all on it and it's still in excellent condition! I have no idea what the wood is on this new one but it definitely isn't oak. It seems to be harder!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users