• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Leonardo

Feedback thread

But... we're all VM's controlled by some unforeseen Borg that allocates us unlimited cycles?

Unless jostling other VM's for limited headspace resource. :P

It would be convenient if members here can post a comment or a suggestion in a similar announcement thread that our Borg Queen posted the other day (today or was it yesterday, I dunno since there isn't a timestamp for that post).

If it isn't possible then include a link to a discussion thread in an announcement.

It would be convenient if members here can post a comment or a suggestion in a similar announcement thread that our Borg Queen posted the other day (today or was it yesterday, I dunno since there isn't a timestamp for that post).

If it isn't possible then include a link to a discussion thread in an announcement.

I just did that announcement today. There is no discussion thread.

I just posted a new announcement saying that the upgrade is complete.

I just did that announcement today. There is no discussion thread.

I just posted a new announcement saying that the upgrade is complete.

Couldn't an announcement be posted like this or this?

The browse button in the members gallery aren't there and all it shows is just white nothing else.  Although, clicking on the white space seems to work as intended, meaning one can upload pictures to a member gallery.

Leo, I don't know what you mean either. I have uploaded pictures to the gallery. Could you grab a screenshot and circle the area you mean? It might be something specific that we haven't accounted for.

You know what I mean when I say the grey "Click" button doesn't show up om my end and I think I know what might be causing this.

The other day I installed another update for Java then a few days later I made a mistake by turning off the power without shutting down Windows properly, which lead to a damaged installation of both Rome TW-Gold Edition (modded) and the Skyrim CK.

The CK didn't bother me much, but Rome TW did because I couldn't fix it and in the end I saw no alternative then uninstall both Rome TW and the CK.  After that happen is when it happen with the vanished "Click" button when uploading pictures into my gallery.

I see exactly the same thing on AFK Mods too, the "Click" button isn't there and all I can see is a white area nothing else.

Missing Button White Area

Damn... Now cannot I upload a .jpeg picture into my gallery and all I get is this.

"You are not permitted to upload this file"

Or similar.  What's wrong?

Scratch that... I fix it, apparently the image was somehow defect by careless handling from me. :blush:

Edited by Leonardo

It looks like your Flash install may be broken or the browser is blocking Flash (most have started doing so or will be doing so).

That could explain why I couldn't upload pictures on GHF-DL last night.

That's almost certainly due to Flash being blocked. You'd be better off at this point completely uninstalling Flash. I did it months ago and have no regrets.

That's almost certainly due to Flash being blocked. You'd be better off at this point completely uninstalling Flash. I did it months ago and have no regrets.

I'm not sure about that instead I think my issue is related to the latest Java 8 (111) update I installed the other day and this isn't the first time Java had issues.