• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Leonardo

Feedback thread

I installed the latest Java update too. As VM said, the site doesn't use Java. The uploader uses Flash. There was a Flash update recently and your browser will block it if you don't keep it up to date and enable it, so I recommend updating Flash.

IPS doesn't use Java.

That was what not what I meant.  What I mean is that Java somehow is blocking Flash on my end or it could be a conflict between Java and Flash.

If that's happening, then it's probably a bug in your browser's plugin system as the plugins are supposed to be called when they're needed.

More than likely, either your browser is blocking Flash or your Flash install needs repairing.

In any case, this isn't an issue on our end. You can switch to the HTML uploader if you don't want to mess with Flash.

You just paste the link in. It's hit and miss whether the forum software will recognize the link or not. I think it works better if the link follows a space, not a carriage return.

I uninstalled Java a long time ago and didn't regret that decision at all either :P

As for the number of sites still using Flash, you'd be surprised. Virtually all of the ones I frequent work perfectly without it, including IPB 3.x sites. You just don't get the fancy uploader without it. IPB 4 uses HTML 5 for all that so Flash isn't even a thing there anymore.

I uninstalled Java a long time ago and didn't regret that decision at all either :P

But I like to drink a hot cup of coffee every morning, so that's why I haven't removed Java on my end. :P

I just discover that those people who doesn't have an avatar or guests will automatically have an Assimilated Cat avatar. :D

Cool idea and I got a good laugh when I saw it in the list of online users. :rofl:

You just paste the link in. It's hit and miss whether the forum software will recognize the link or not. I think it works better if the link follows a space, not a carriage return.

Interesting, Your link posted here doesn't work using this browser. Tried with <CR LF>, dots or spaces- even &nbsp. Not working with IE, Edge or Chrome.  :cry:

If that's happening, then it's probably a bug in your browser's plugin system as the plugins are supposed to be called when they're needed.

More than likely, either your browser is blocking Flash or your Flash install needs repairing.

In any case, this isn't an issue on our end. You can switch to the HTML uploader if you don't want to mess with Flash.

It turns out be something related to Firefox, because the other day I installed an update and now the grey "Choose Files..." button is there as it should be.

Some folks have been given a handsome increase in post counts. The most remarkable is for Amadaum with a mighty 36735! But no reductions at a glance, although very large and negative would make it interesting! :P

That's what happens when you get The Inn!

​That's interesting. Is it a permanent feature?

Going to have to logoff regularly from AL now as there is a crawler that steals IP addresses. No chance of IPSEC for the forum?

Will there be a separate Skyrim SE section for Projects or will everything SE related stay under the Skyrim section?

Will there be a separate Skyrim SE section for Projects or will everything SE related stay under the Skyrim section?

Answered here.
DD's question is a little different. He's asking about our hosted projects, versus the download area. So far, all our projects are migrating to SSE, so we may just rename the category.

Interesting, Your link posted here doesn't work using this browser. Tried with <CR LF>, dots or spaces- even &nbsp. Not working with IE, Edge or Chrome.  :cry:

Worked in the latest IPB update as paste in "What's on Your Mind" box. Yay. :)